Joe Satriani - Shapeshifting (Digisleeve Edition) (2020)

hudební novinky 2020 / music news 2020
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 05 Feb 2021, 14:33

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2020
Style : Instrumental Rock , Guitar Virtuoso , Progressive Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 155 mb

Bio:

Joseph "Joe" Satriani (born July 15, 1956) is an American instrumental rock guitarist and multi-instrumentalist. Early in his career, Satriani worked as a guitar instructor, with many of his former students achieving fame, such as Steve Vai, Larry LaLonde, Rick Hunolt, Kirk Hammett, Andy Timmons, Charlie Hunter, Kevin Cadogan, and Alex Skolnick; he then went on to have a successful solo music career. He is a 15-time Grammy Award nominee and has sold over 10 million albums, making him the biggest-selling instrumental rock guitarist of all time.In 1988, Satriani was recruited by Mick Jagger as lead guitarist for his first solo tour.In 1994, Satriani toured with Deep Purple as the lead guitarist.He has worked with a range of guitarists during the G3 tour,which he founded in 1995. His G3 collaborators have included Vai, LaLonde, Timmons, Steve Lukather, John Petrucci, Eric Johnson, Yngwie Malmsteen, Brian May, Patrick Rondat, Paul Gilbert, Adrian Legg, Kenny Wayne Shepherd, Steve Morse and Robert Fripp.Satriani has been the lead guitarist for the supergroup Chickenfoot since co-founding the band in 2008. Since 1988, he has been using his own signature guitars, the Ibanez JS Series, which are sold in music stores worldwide. He has also collaborated with Vox to create his own wah, delay, overdrive and distortion pedals as well as a collaboration with Marshall Amplification for the creation of his own signature series amplifier head, the JVM410HJS.

Album:

JOE SATRIANI‘s unmatched guitar power is on full display on the adventurous new album ‘Shapeshifting‘, his 18th studio release to be released next April 10th.Co-produced by Jim Scott (Foo Fighters, Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers) and featuring the core band of legendary drummer Kenny Aronoff, bassist Chris Chaney (Jane’s Addiction) and keyboardist Eric Caudieux, ‘Shapeshifting’ brings Satch’s superior six-string skill to the fore on another exciting collection of original songs.Lead single “Nineteen Eighty” harkens back to the spirit of Joe’s first band The Squares, while highlights like “All My Friends Are Here” and “Big Distortion” prove his gift of devising lyrical guitar leads that resonate long after they’ve leapt from your speakers.Lead single “Nineteen Eighty” harkens back to the spirit of Joe’s first band The Squares, while highlights like “All My Friends Are Here” and “Big Distortion” prove his gift of devising lyrical guitar leads that resonate long after they’ve leapt from your speakers.Satriani was determined to try different things on ‘Shapeshifting’ – a lot of different things.The new album sounds like 15 different guitar players are performing on it. Yes, diverse, but still classic Satch.“I know it’s the same guy, because it’s me, but it sounds like I’m really moving into an area where each melody requires me to almost be somebody else.”This is a stated intention of Satriani, who doesn’t want to repeat himself (if that can be helped within the confines of the instrumental guitar rock template).Many have tried to emulate Joe’s formula and fallen flat. It’s easy for an instrumental guitar record to get boring. What makes Satriani excel, aside from his uncanny playing abilities, is his ear for the song.He knows that first impressions matter and he ensures there’s a hook, a melody, something to grasp onto at first listen on most of his tunes.The album opens with a dramatic drumroll and thumping baseline and Satch’s heavily distorted guitar sound and the albums self-titled track which whets the appetite immediately, followed by the latest single ‘Big Distortion’ which is like a gargantuan sounding wall of distortion crashing down on you with an old-school Rock ’N’ Roll vibe about it.‘All For Love’ is a darker more emotive track with a slower pace and cutting guitar work as only Satch does, ‘Ali Farka, Dick Dale, an Alien and Me’ is a quirky sounding track as the title would imply and Satch takes full advantage in making the guitar as broad as an instrument as you will hear with his majestic touch.‘Teardrops’ is another emotive number as the storytelling continues via darker emotive guitar work that takes the breath away, ‘Perfect Dust’ with its slight country twang lifts the spirits back up and again showcases the diversity Satriani likes to bring across his recordings.Satch’s big hitter and first single ‘Nineteen-Eighty’ is up next and as you will have no doubt already have heard is a throwback to the majesty of the era and has subtle similarities in riffage to earlier tracks like ‘Surfing With The Alien’ etc, an absolute beast of a track it has Satch at his best and will no doubt be another fan-favorite live.‘All My Friends Are Here’ is a feel-good number with a bluesy backbone, it is a laid back summer-anthem for those days with the windows rolled down and stereo blasting, ‘Spirits, Ghosts and Outlaws’ is a gnarly number that grips you from the off with its dirty riff and gritty tone whilst ‘Falling Stars’ teases you with its subtle intro guiding you through the mind and complexity that is the brain of Joe Satriani, building up the tension before unleashing a funky crescendo and sublime solo work from the man himself.‘Waiting’ takes the pace back down with a slow-paced track that like on may of his album is so short and sweet it bridges between tracks and is a signature Satriani trait that is subtle but so beautifully effective.‘Hear The Blue River’ with is Reggae backbone is our penultimate track and once again has Satch bring own all the world music influences to his music and also showing regardless of which one he has pulled inspiration from, how easily he can make a guitar instrumental track out of it and make it his own too.The album wraps up with ‘Yesterday’s Yesterday‘ opening up with an acoustic guitar, a rarity for a Satriani track, and is another feel-good number to close of a simply outstanding recording once again from Joe and Co. An understated number where less is more, Joe closes off ‘Shapeshifting’ and leaves you begging for more.A simply beautiful album on all levels Satriani has knocked it out of the park once again.

Line Up 2014:

Joe Satriani – electric and acoustic guitars, banjo, whistling, claps
Chris Chaney – basses, additional rhythm guitar on “Falling Stars”
Kenny Aronoff – drums
Eric Caudieux – keyboards, sound design, percussion, whistling
Lisa Coleman – Piano on “Waiting” and “Yesterday’s Yesterday”
Christopher Guest – mandolin on “Yesterday’s Yesterday”
Jim Scott – percussion, whistling, claps
Neil Baldock – claps

Tracklist:

01. Shapeshifting
02. Big Distortion
03. All For Love
04. Ali Farka, Dick Dale, An Alien And Me
05. Teardrops
06. Perfect Dust
07. Nineteen Eighty
08. All My Friends Are Here
09. Spirits, Ghosts And Outlaws
10. Falling Stars
11. Waiting
12. Here The Blue River
13. Yesterday’s Yesterday

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2020 / NEWS 2020"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 5 neregistrovaných