Two Fires - Two Fires (Japan Edition) (2000)

hudební novinky 2000 / music news 2000
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 18 Sep 2021, 09:45

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2000
Style : Melodic Hard Rock , AOR
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 155 mb

Bio:

Kevin Chalfant’s own credentials as one of US leading Melodic Rock voices are indisputable. He is a true legend, having started his career with the group 707, with whom he reached 11 in the Billboard single charts with the song “Megaforce” back in 1981. In 1983, Kevin recorded an album with the Sacramento based pop group called Steel Breeze. That record entitled “Heart On The Line”, was released in Europe in 1996 on an independent label.In 1985, Kevin formed a group with former Journey bassist Ross Valory, Tubes drummer Prairie Prince, The Who keyboardist Tim Gorman, and Alice Cooper guitarist Stef Burns. The VU recorded one album that was finally released for the first time on Frontiers Records in the fall of 2000. In 1991, Kevin and Gregg Rolie (former Santana/Journey singer and keyboardist) formed the group The Storm. Members of the band included well known bassist Ross Valory, world class drummer Steve Smith (both of Journey), and flash guitarist Josh Ramos (CBS group Le Mans), with the later addition being drummer Ron Wikso (Cher, Foreigner). The debut album was produced by Beau Hill for Interscope Records. Two of the songs on this album climbed into the top most requested songs of 1992.The Storm toured extensively with Bryan Adams, Peter Frampton, Tom Cochrane, and many other groups before completing their much awaited second album “Eye of The Storm”. Kevin also released in 1997 his first solo album entitled “Running With The Wind” produced by Chas Sandford (Stevie Nicks, John Waite) and himself. After the solo experience Kevin felt the need to go back to his melodic rock roots and when asked by the Frontiers Records general manager, Serafino Perugino, if he wanted to put up a new project which could fill the hole left in the fans’ hearts by Steve Perry’s demise from Journey, he willingly accepted this new challenge in his career. That is why he teamed up with former bandmate in The Storm, Josh Ramos, on guitar and created TWO FIRES.The band’s debut album, released in June 2000 is still one of the biggest successes ever of a melodic rock independent release on the European market and it scored huge interest from the fans and the press. The band appeared on the cover of the ROCK IT magazine in Germany and ROCK TIME in France plus the live appearances at THE GODS festival in 1999 and 2000 are written in stone as some of the most exciting moments in the history of the festival ever!Now TWO FIRES are back with the second chapter of their story ! Another fabulous example of pure melodic rock in the vein of Journey, Boston, Foreigner and classic Bryan Adams. Recorded and produced by Kevin Chalfant “Ignition” sees the songwriting contributions of Mr. Melody himself: Jim Peterik (Survivor, 38 Special, Cinderella, Sammy Hagar and countless others) in “Ignition”, “More Than a Mystery”, “I See Red”, “This Night”, “The Man I Want To Be” and the amazing super ballad “What The Whole World Needs To Know”. All the other songs are written by Kevin with Josh Ramos, except “You’re Bringing Me Down” written by Kevin alone.Musicians on the album include Jeff Jacobs (Foreigner) on keyboards, Atma Anur (Steve Perry, Vicious Rumours, Tony McAlpine) on drums, Rick Powell on bass and Alby Odum on rhythm guitars.

Album:

The 2000 self-titled debut album from Two Fires essentially picks up where The Storm left off. It's a straightforward AOR album modeled, like The Storm was, on Journey's sound.New AOR release from Kevin Chalfant (707, Storm), Josh Ramos (Le Mans, Storm) and Jim Peterik (Survivor). 13 tracksincluding 'My Love Will Be There', 'River Of Destiny' andmore. 2000 release. For fans of Journey/Survivor, you will love this CD. Kevin Chalfant on vocals and Josh Ramos on guitars produce an album equal to their former band The Storm (which contained former Journey members Gregg Rolie, Steve Smith and Ross Valory). The album's opening track sets the stage for the whole album. My favorite track is Surrender where Chalfant sounds better on the high notes than Steve Perry himself. There are no weak tracks here. Don't bother buying the Japanese import to get the song "Teasin You, Pleasin You" it is terrible. I think this album is Kevin Chalfant's best vocal performance, and definitely the most Steve Perry-like. This is the best album Journey never made.

Line-Up:

Kevin Chalfant - vocals (Ex-707, Storm)
Josh Ramos - guitar (Ex- (Le Mans, Storm)
Kenny Aronoff - drums
Willie Weeks - bass
Jim Peterik - piano (Survivor)
Brent Mitchell - Keyboards

Tracklist:

01. My Love Will Be There
02. I Won't Give Up on Us
03. Piece of My Heart
04. When Love Is Gone
05. Summer of Love
06. Surrender
07. A Man's Gotta Do (What a Man's Gotta Do)
08. Remember
09. Never Stop Loving You
10. Alyssia
11. I Believe in You
12. I Can See You
13. River of Destiny
14. Teasin' You, Pleasin' You (Japan Bonus Track)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2000 / NEWS 2000"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 4 neregistrovaní