Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2002
Style : Melodic Hard Rock , Melodic Heavy Metal
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 144 mb

Bio:

Myon is a Finnish melodic hard rock / melodic metal band.Their music is generally easy-to-listen-to metal, with some signs of progressive now and then.Myon discography: 1998 Heaven's Garden , 2002 Ghost In Paradise , 2005 Slideshow , 2007 Frameworks , 2015 Vitalworks ,2024 Terra Nova.

Album:

Second full album...again melodic hard rock with a heavy metal flavour.The album was released on 7th September 2002 on the record label Low Frequency Records.From the first chords of Myon’s Ghost in Paradise, all those 80s memories came back. Death of the Dawn sounds like Foreigner and opening riffs of Tournament could have come straight out of Rainbow’s Bent out of Shape. I really thought that younger bands do not make music of this type anymore, but looking at the promo picture of these Finns I can see that the guys are older and probably get their inspiration from that other crowd I abandoned at 14. Ghost in Paradise, the band’s second album after Heaven’s Garden on Noise Records, is a perfect trip down memory lane for those who enjoy sounds of the 80s or for those who like soft melodic rock.Pleasant and highly melodic music, no doubt, Myon exhibits all traits that really made me choose the angrier side of heavy metal. Total lack of grit, keyboard saturated soft verses, choruses containing the song’s main hook and drumming that is concerned more with bells and whistles of high-hat than the accent of a snare – nevertheless, Myon play their stuff technically very well. Your average local FM Soft Rock the River station would be lucky to play them. I would not call Ghost in Paradise overly progressive only because keyboards are used, there are no odd time signatures or complex song structures. Myon is no more progressive than Uriah Heep was back in the days. Risto Silenius can play his leads, but there is no Blackmorish razzle-dazzle here.A few songs have power metal elements, like Tournament with its playful chorus and Follow the Sign with some helicopter riffs and Sonata Arctica-like harmonized lead. A parallel with Sonata can also be drawn in terms of vocals. At times, Sami Huotari sounds like a more controlled, more polished version of Toni Kakko. At this point, Sami’s voice is a perfect fit for the sound of Myon.No dungeons and dragons, Myon songs deal with more philosophical and deeper personal subjects, but the cheese factor is not totally eliminated, case in point balladic synth heavy Avenue. I am sure my teammates Marty and Mike would take pleasure in Ghost in Paradise quite a bit more than me, this release appealing to a specific, but quite broad, fan base. 80s, where art thou?

Line Up:

Sami Huotari - Vocals
Risto Silenius - Guitars
Keijo Koivikko - Bass
Mika Pohjola - Keyboards
Matti Torro - Drums

+ Backing Vocals – Natalie Smous

Production:

Recorded At – Neo Studio
Mixed At – Neo Studio
Mastered At – Neo Studio
Pressed By – CD Data-Mate
Design [Cover Design] – Timo Tyynismaa
Mixed By – Ilmarinen*, TT Oksala
Photography By – Vesa Ranta
Producer, Engineer – Ilmarinen
Programmed By [Additional Keyboard Programming] – Mika Pohjola

Tracklist:

01. Dead of the Dawn 04:04
02. Tournament 04:09
03. The Quest 03:57
04. In Me 03:54
05. Heart of the Hollywood 05:05
06. Follow the Sign 03:50
07. Nostradamus 05:08
08. Mary Celeste 03:36
09. Avenue 04:56
10. Ancient Rites 05:40

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2002 / NEWS 2002"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 1 neregistrovaný