Girlschool - Screaming Blue Murder (1982) (Japan SHM-CD Edition 2009)

hudební novinky 2009 / music news 2009
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 06 Feb 2021, 13:37

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1982 (Japan SHM-CD Edition 2009)
Style : Hard Rock , Heavy Metal
Audio : 320 kbps + scans
Size : 179 mb

Bio:

Girlschool are a British hard Rock/heavy metal band originating out of the New Wave of British Heavy Metal scene in 1978 and frequently associated with contemporaries Motörhead. They are the longest running all-female rock band, still active after more than 35 years.Formed from a school band called Painted Lady, Girlschool enjoyed strong media exposure and commercial success in the UK in the early 1980s with three albums of 'punk-tinged metal'and a few singles, but rapidly lost their momentum in the following years.In the 1990s and 2000s, they concentrated their efforts on live shows and tours, reducing considerably the production of studio albums. During their long career, Girlschool travelled all over the world, playing in many rock and metal festivals and co-headlining with or supporting some of the most important hard rock and heavy metal bands. They maintain a worldwide cult following and are considered an inspiration for many succeeding female rock musicians.Despite frequent changes of line-up, original members Kim McAuliffe, Enid Williams and Denise Dufort are still in the band to this day. The only original member no longer in the band, lead guitarist and singer Kelly Johnson, died of cancer in 2007.

Album:

One of you asked for the out of print, Limited Edition Japanese miniLP of GIRLSCHOOL's most famous albums pressed on high quality SHM-CD. "Screaming Blue Murder" is the third studio album by the British pioneer female act, in this reissue including 11 bonus tracks, a true 'expanded edition'.During the first half of the '80s, GIRLSCHOOL was a blast in the boiling NWOBHM scene. All girls doin' metal? Really? And it worked like a charm.Numerous magazine covers, sold-out tours, and a string of hit singles.By 1982 and while recording this this 3rd effort, founding bassist Enid Williams left GIRLSCHOOL arguing artistic differences. Indeed, times were changing and both the recording label and the girls wanted a more commercial, mainstream appeal sound.So the sessions for "Screaming Blue Murder" found the band breaking in new arrival Ghislaine "Gil" Weston, bass player and very good vocalist as well (she does lead vocals on tracks 7 & 10).There's a forceful number on the opener (title track), and a flashy edgy rocker in lead-off single 'Don't Call It Love' with more melodic vocals and great riffs.One of my favorites is the rollicking, bass-pumped 'Wildlife' featuring a very good guitar work, while the catchy 'When Your Blood Runs Cold' rocks with style.I don't know if the cover of the Stones' 'Live With Me' was necessary, but 'Take It from Me' has a great hard rock pulse, 'HellRazor' comes indeed sharp and energetic in a 2 & a half minute, and the girls try something different with the unusual closer 'Flesh And Blood', with its clean guitars and whispered vocals by newcomer Gil Weston, a quite a brave experiment for this kind of band.We have as well a bunch of bonus including the non-album track 'Don't Stop' (B-side of the EP Wildlife) plus a killer BBC Radio Concert, recorded live in London, June 9, 1982 showcasing GIRLSCHOOL in the plenitude of their effervescence.Very good release, as usual, with the superb Japanese SHM-CD quality.0dayrox Team is always eager to fulfill everyone's requests, if it's out there, we'll do our best. And here's another one (more to come).Highly Recommended piece of '80s rock.

Line-Up:

Kim McAuliffe – rhythm guitar, lead vocals on tracks
Kelly Johnson – lead guitar, lead vocals
Enid Williams – bass, lead vocals on track 11
Gil Weston – bass, lead vocals on tracks 7, 10
Denise Dufort – drums

Tracklist:

01. Screaming Blue Murder
02. Live With Me
03. Take It from Me
04. Wildlife
05. It Turns Your Head Around
06. Don't Call It Love
07. HellRazor
08. When Your Blood Runs Cold
09. You Got Me
10. Flesh and Blood

BONUS TRACKS: BBC In Concert: Live in London 09/06/1982

11. Don't Stop (B-side of the EP Wildlife)
12. Screaming Blue Murder (Live)
13. You Got Me (Live)
14. When Your Blood Runs Cold (Live)
15. Hit and Run (Live)
16. Turns Your Heads Around (Live)
17. Wildlife (Live)
18. Take It All Away (Live)
19. Emergency (Live)
20. C'Mon Let's Go (Live)
21. Tush (ZZ Top cover) (Live)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2009 / NEWS 2009"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 7 neregistrovaných