Savatage - Power Of The Night (1985) (Remastered Digipak Edition 2011)

hudební novinky 2011 / music news 2011
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 31 Jan 2021, 11:50

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1985 (Remastered Digipak Edition 2011)
Style : Heavy Metal , Power Metal , Progressive Metal
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans + Video
Size : 155 mb

Bio:

Savatage (/ˈsævətaːʒ/) is an American heavy metal band founded by the brothers Jon and Criss Oliva in 1978 at Astro Skate in Tarpon Springs, Florida.Savatage has released eleven studio albums, two live albums, four compilations and three EPs. The band experienced major American commercial success with the release of their third studio album, Fight for the Rock (1986), which peaked at number No. 158 on the Billboard 200.Their next four albums — Hall of the Mountain King (1987), Gutter Ballet (1989), Streets: A Rock Opera (1991) and Edge of Thorns (1993) — were also successful[1] but more critically acclaimed than Fight for the Rock.After Criss' death in 1993, Jon (along with producer Paul O'Neill) decided to continue Savatage in memory of his brother. The band released four more studio albums, and went through several line-up changes before going on hiatus in 2002.During the years, members founded various new bands such as Jon Oliva's Pain, Trans-Siberian Orchestra, Circle II Circle and Doctor Butcher. On August 2, 2014, Savatage announced that they will reunite for Wacken Open Air 2015.

Album:

Power of the Night is the second full-length album by the American heavy metal band Savatage and was released in 1985. This record was produced by the hot producer of the time, Max Norman, who became better known as the producer of Megadeth's 1992 hit album Countdown to Extinction.The record was not originally pressed with a Parental Advisory sticker on the cover. However, Atlantic Records did have a problem with some of the sexual metaphors mentioned in "Hard for Love" and "Skull Session." It was also a marketing ploy to encourage more people to buy the record as a result of it being "banned" by some outlets.This was bassist Keith Collins's last album with the band. Jon and Criss Oliva were not completely happy with Collins' playing and corrected some of his mistakes for the final version. Collins was replaced by Johnny Lee Middleton in 1986.The heavy metal machine that is Savatage continued their yearly album output in 1985 with Power Of The Night, a very memorable album and in my opinion their strongest to this point. Just about every track is full of energy, yet the songs are also diverse enough so that you don't feel like you're listening to the same old recipe. This album also saw Savatage attempting to gain a broader audience with more mainstream type songs that dealt with the subjects of love and lust, as many of their hair metal counterparts were doing at the time. The songs that overtly go in this direction are ones I could have done without, but they are still decent songs in their own right. This is certainly one of Savatage's catchiest and hard-hitting albums, and it's also an album that flows together very nicely, permitting one to easily listen to it in one sitting.The title track is up first once again with very catchy guitars and has an especially memorable chorus. The guitar work of Criss Oliva is a little more subdued in this album than the past couple, yet it is still quite prevalent in this song. Unusual also shows Oliva doing some complex lead guitar work, albeit for only a short time. This is another very memorable song with a great chorus that just makes you want to sing along. Warriors has a bit of a heavier edge, yet still includes a chorus that is simple and memorable. Necrophilia has been a personal favorite of mine for years. I love the quick, thrashy guitar work along with the raspy vocals of Oliva. Hard For Love is something that would be more in place in a glam/hair metal band rather than Savatage, for me it just doesn't really work. This is one of those songs, along with Stuck On You, that seems like it might have just been written to attract a wider audience. However, Fountain Of Youth comes in next and is another one of my favorites. This is a slower, more melancholy take on the Savatage sound and it really is great with simple, memorable riffs and drums and a memorable chorus once again. Oliva's vocal work also sounds great on this track; he really puts his range to more use than on many songs on this album. The guitar solo is also really catchy and memorable. Finally I want to talk about the song Skull Session. Where do I even start? The song starts off with a quick guitar lead by Oliva, followed closely by some fast drum work that really gets the energy flowing. Jon Oliva once again utilizes his full range of vocal abilities in this song, going up to some higher pitches. The solo work by Criss Oliva is nothing short of face-melting. Furthermore, this song gives you a huge sound in under three and a half minutes. That's how you know these guys have song writing talents bestowed by some badass musical deity.

Line Up:

Jon Oliva - Vocals (1983-1993, 2000-2001), Keyboards (1986-2002, 2014-present) - See also: Jon Oliva's Pain, Oliva, Trans-Siberian Orchestra, ex-Doctor Butcher, ex-Avatar, ex-Alien, ex-Metropolis
Keith Collins - Vocals (backing), Bass
Criss Oliva (R.I.P. 1993) - Guitars, Vocals (backing) (Ex-Alien, Avatar, Metropolis)
Steve "Doc" Wacholz - Drums, Percussion (Ex-Crimson Glory)

Production:

Max Norman - producer, engineer
Ken Lonas - assistant engineer

Tracklist:

01. Power of the Night 05:12
02. Unusual 04:23
03. Warriors 04:00
04. Necrophilia 03:35
05. Washed Out 02:13
06. Hard for Love 03:57
07. Fountain of Youth 04:28
08. Skull Session 03:18
09. Stuck on You 03:06
10. In the Dream 04:10
11. City Beneath the Surface (live) 05:01 (Bonus Track)
12. Hounds (Live) 07:20 (Bonus Track)

+ Video "Power of The Night" (Live Philadelphia 1990)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2011 / NEWS 2011"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 4 neregistrovaní