Toto - Kingdom Of Desire (1992) (Japan Remastered Edition 2011)

hudební novinky 2011 / music news 2011
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 21 Jan 2021, 11:10

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1992 (Japan Remastered Edition 2011)
Style : Melodic Rock , AOR
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans + Video
Size : 146 mb

Bio:

Toto is an American rock band formed in 1977 in Los Angeles, California. The band's current lineup consists of Joseph Williams (lead vocals), David Paich (keyboards, vocals), Steve Porcaro (keyboards), Steve Lukather (guitars, vocals), and Keith Carlock (drums). Bass player Nathan East is currently touring with Toto as a guest musician, as Mike Porcaro is too ill to tour. Toto is known for a musical style that combines elements of pop, rock, soul, funk, progressive rock, hard rock, R&B and jazz.David Paich and Jeff Porcaro had played together as session musicians on several albums and decided to form a band. David Hungate, Steve Lukather, Steve Porcaro and Bobby Kimball were recruited before their first album release. The band enjoyed great commercial success in the late 1970s and 1980s, beginning with the band's eponymous debut released in 1978. With the release of the critically acclaimed and commercially successful Toto IV (1982), Toto became one of the best-selling music groups of their era. They are best known for the Top 5 hits "Hold the Line", "Rosanna", and "Africa". Several changes to the lineup have been made over the years. In 2008, Lukather announced his departure from the band, and the remaining band members later went their separate ways. In the summer of 2010, Toto reformed and went on a short European tour, with a new lineup, to benefit Mike Porcaro, who had been diagnosed with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) and is no longer an active member of the band.The band has released a total of 17 albums, and have sold over 35 million albums to date. The group was honored with several Grammy Awards and was inducted into the Musicians Hall of Fame and Museum in 2009.

Album:

The excellent TOTO new greatest hits CD triggered some requests, such as this out of print, Japanese Cardboard Sleeve miniLP replica, remastered version of "Kingdom Of Desire", the last album recorded by master drummer Jeff Porcaro before his surprising death.After burning through three lead vocalists (culminating with Jean-Michael Byron) for "Kingdom Of Desire" it was decided that Steve Lukather would take the full lead vocal slot.First of all, I must say that for me, Toto is the greatest Rock band on Earth. Secondly, Steve Lukather is among the 3 best Rock&pop (and beyond) guitarists of all time.That being said, from me, "Kingdom Of Desire" is one of the best Toto albums ever.For sure, their most rocking, guitar-driven, almost melodic hard rock CD.This is a very 'early '90s' US recording, with sonic treatment very close to Schon's Hardline debut, even Bad English second album, etc.From the start with "Gypsy Train"... wow, that's a really guitar driven tune, with Lukater's unique mammoth tone and his killer lead vocals. Listen to the tremolo tricks and tapping technique all over the song. Lukather friendship with Eddie Van Halen was at its peak around the era, and it paid its dividends along the album.There's a balls-out rocking crunch in "Don't Chain My Heart", "How Many Times," or bowel-shaking title track "Kingdom Of Desire". "Never Enough" is a terrific bass-pumped midtempo where Lukather guitars shine again, and his vocals fit like a glove.If you want a lesson-free on how to play 'Rock rhythm guitar', just listen to "She Knows The Devil". This is an awesome heavy-funk tune plenty of punch and energy to die for. Seriously, it kills."Wings Of Time" is simply outstanding to me: it's classic '80s Toto but with that early '90s production, atmospheric, lush, crystal clear.Of course there's terrific ballads here; I absolutely love "Only You" with its clean guitars and Steve's crooning vocals, while "The Other Side" is pure Toto (seems taken from IV but with an updated sound).Then you have "2 Hearts", which is almost a power ballad. Listening to it closely it brings to my mind Black Sabbath / Tony Martin first album, and even Phenomena. Awesome song.For those missing the great Jeff Porcaro, you will be delighted by his work on the instrumental jazz-fusion monster "Jake To The Bone" plenty of terrific beats and fills.There are several versions of "Kingdom Of Desire".One with 12 songs including as bonus a live version of Hendrix's "Little Wing" from the 1990 Planet Earth tour. There's other with the song "Kick Down The Walls" and no "Little Wing", and the original Japanese pressing including both.Strangely, this Japanese Cardboard Sleeve miniLP replica does not include "Kick Down The Walls", but we have added it as 'extra bonus'.Regarding "Kick Down The Walls", there's a story behind the track. It was provided by Danny Kortchmar (co-writer of some songs on the album) and the version recorded is a pre-production demo. It never was properly finished. However, Toto decided to release it as it is anyway because it was the very, very last recording of Jeff Porcaro.That's why it sounds different from the rest of the album."Kingdom Of Desire", as happens with all Toto albums, it's a different record, a rare beast in their discography. It's a rocking, guitar-driven album, and where Steve Lukather proves a fine vocalist (and extremely underappreciated).There's classic Toto songs - especially the ballads - and others in the aforementioned 'hard rocking' approach, which I love.I know many of you never heard "Kingdom Of Desire". If you are reading this blog it's because you like anything hard rock-related. Do yourself a favor and get this album.Yeah, big Toto fan here, of all times, and "Kingdom Of Desire" is among my Top-3 favorites from them.

Line Up:

Steve Lukather - guitar, lead & backing vocals
David Paich - piano, organ, synthesizer, backing vocals
Mike Porcaro - bass guitar
Jeff Porcaro - drums, percussion

Additional musicians:

Steve Porcaro - synthesizers
John Jessel, C.J. Vanston - additional synthesizer
Lenny Castro, Joe Porcaro, Jim Keltner, Chris Trujillo - percussion
Don Menza, Gary Herbig - saxophone
Backing Vocals:
John Elefante
Phillip Ingram
Kevin Dorsey
Billy Sherwood
Richard Page
Steve George
Bobby Womack

Tracklist:

01. Gypsy Train
02. Don't Chain My Heart
03. Never Enough
04. How Many Times
05. 2 Hearts
06. Wings Of Time
07. She Knows The Devil
08. The Other Side
09. Only You
10. Kingdom Of Desire
11. Jake To The Bone
12. Little Wing (Japan Bonus Track)
13. Kick Down The Walls (Extra Track)

+ Video "Don't Chain My Heart" (Official Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2011 / NEWS 2011"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 4 neregistrovaní