Soul Of Steel - Journey To Infinity (2013)

hudební novinky 2013 / music news 2013
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 19 Mar 2024, 06:46

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2013
Style : Melodic Power Metal , Melodic Progressive Metal
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 173 mb

Bio:

Soul Of Steel was born in early 2007. The initial training consisted of 4 elements. The proposed genre is power metal.In mid-2007 they immediately set to work on their first demo. In fact at the end of 2007 they released their first demo entitled "Reborn", self-produced, which found a good result at local level, but also on various magazines found excellent reviews (Metal Hammer vote 7, Rock Hard vote 6.5). They begin to go around the clubs, squares and events; until in 2008 there was a total change of line up.With this line-up, of which only drummer Lorenzo Chiafele remained, Soul Of Steel took over the live situation for a whole year, with several changes on the bass. Finally in early 2009, with Nicola Logrillo on bass, Soul Of Steel decided to start the composition of their first album. In September 2009, with the composition of the finished album, they decided to enter the Bee-X Studios in Brescia and start recording the first full-lenght. All this under the watchful eye of guitarist Olaf Thorsen (Labyrinth, Vision Divine) producer of their record. After finishing all the recording sessions at the beginning of October 2009, on January 8th 2010, Soul Of Steel will immediately present themselves at the Target Club of Bari (BA), opening the concert at Secret Sphere, a well-known symphonic power metal band of fame national and international. Between February and March 2010 the album was mixed and mastered at Ithil World Studio (IM) by Olaf Thorsen and by Sound Engineer Giovanni "Meniak" Nebbia."Destiny" contains 9 tracks of powerful melodic metal, played on various changes of fast but at the same time cadenced parts, like Stratovarius, Labyrinth ect.There will be Roberto Tiranti (Labyrinth) on the record.The album will be released by the Italian label Underground Symphony in December 2010.

Album:

Italy seems to have provided a near constant stream of power metal bands for at least the last fifteen years. Up for inspection today is Soul Of Steel who follow in the footsteps of the likes of Labyrinth, Vision Divine, and Secret Sphere in blending progressive metal elements into the tried and true Italian power metal sound. One thing which surprised me about Journey To Infinity is that it isn’t anywhere near as flowery as I was expecting. Sure these guys are light, as with a majority of their brethren, but they add a degree of crunch which is something I can certainly appreciate.The choice in name of course, is rather unfortunate. Soul Of Steel makes me think along the lines of Majesty, or any other unashamedly metal act. You won’t find much in the way of classic riffs or metal worshipping lyrics here, nah; this is your garden variety progressive power metal, with all the elements you’d expect from Dream Theater to Labyrinth. Plenty of bombastic, celestial keyboards, introspective pianos, Italian style speed picked guitars, riffs which spring to mind the likes of Pagan’s Mind or Symphony X, and of course a healthy amount of double kicked drums.As a result I will say that Soul Of Steel come across fairly generic, and have a habit of extending songs well after their welcome is worn out. It’s unfortunate, as I feel there are parts to certain songs which are really cool and enticing, “Neverland” standing as a good example with a catchy main riff I feel is wasted with uninspiring verses. They could have carved out an ace up-tempo tune with this one. This is something I can say about many tracks on the album, and as such stands as the main factor which hurts the band, and my scoring of this album.I wouldn’t say this is a bad album by any stretch, though. At worst it’s unspectacular, but for the most part is an enjoyable enough romp with some moments of delight sprinkled throughout. Soul Of Steel still has a ways ahead of them if they want to compete with their countries masters, but as a debut album you could do worse. Appeal won’t stretch any further than the progressive power metal crowds, but if you have a love for the style then this is at least worth a listen or two.Very good album !!

Line Up:

Gianni Valente - Vocals (2008-present)
Dario Di Francesco - Bass
Nicola Caroli - Guitars
Valerio De Rosa - Guitars
Lorenzo Chiafele - Drums (2007-present) - See also: ex-Elegy of Madness
Daniele Simeone - Keyboards, Piano

Tracklist:

01. Aeternum Tormentum 02:10 instrumental
02. Through the Gates of Heaven 07:21
03. Shadows of the Past 05:54
04. Neverland 06:04
05. Waiting For 05:58
06. The Fallen Angel 03:14
07. Journey to Infinity 05:13
08. Like a Memory 06:01
09. Secret Words 04:48
10. Portrait of My Last Dream 05:28
11. Last Desire 06:46
12. Eternal Life 07:38
13. Last Desire (acoustic version) 05:13

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2013 / NEWS 2013"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 5 neregistrovaných