Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2013
Style : Melodic Hard Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + front
Size : 132 mb

Bio:

Alex Masi was born 14 May 1969 in Venice, and studied at the Conservatory of Music in Verona. He formed the heavy rock band Dark Lord in 1984 and recorded two EPs with them. In the early 1980s Masi moved briefly to London, where he played with several musicians in the NWOBHM scene.With Dark Lord he toured as opening act for several major acts of the period until 1986, when he was invited by Metal Blade Records to move to Los Angeles and join the band Sound Barrier. He later founded a band of his own, called Masi. First album under the name MASI was called "Fire in the Rain" and it featured the single "Fire in the Rain". The second, more successful album under the name MASI was titled "Downtown Dreamers" it featured the hit single "God Promised a Paradise" which was on Heavy Rotation on MTV for a couple of months and is still on rotation on VH1 Classics. His first solo album was Attack of the Neon Shark, which received a Grammy nomination for Best Instrumental Rock Album. The second solo album was called Vertical Invader, and featured only Masi along with drummer John Macaluso. The Italian guitarist, Alex Masi, started listening to music at an early age, his parents were always playing classical and jazz albums and the very first piece of music he remembers hearing was "Toccata & Fugue in D minor" by J.S. Bach... left an immense impression on him and many years later when he recorded it on his Bach bach album he felt a sort of circle completing him... They had a housekeeper that would bring LP's at their house and play them for his sister and he when my parents were out... "Beatles, Stones, Hendrix... it felt magical, like a secret society... but it wasn't until years later when he started playing guitar that he really started checking out the rock world." First Alex Masi, started to play piano, studied theory etc. and then picked up the drums (pans & pots)... then at 12 a schoolmate showed him his new nylon strings guitar an played him 3 chords and he knew that was the key to girls and the only way for him to be popular in school... he learned those same 3 chords and also took some lessons but then it was seeing Ritchie Blackmore on TV that made him realize he had to be a lead guitar player... to a European kid in the 1970's Ritchie was the ultimate in coolness and virtuosity... then later he got into progressive rock, yes, genesis, gentle giant, tull, etc... he loved the fact that those guys were erasing the limitations of rock music up to that point...When the punk thing exploded in 1977, Alex Masi, went in the exact opposite direction and buried myself underneath records by Allan Holdsworth, McLaughlin, Henry Cow, Soft Machine and went through a heavily jazz/experimental period and graduated at the Conservatory f Music in Verona in theory and harmony... then Van Halen reminded him that power and fun can coexist with musicality, he moved to London for awhile and jammed with a bunch of nwobhm people... came back to Venice and formed in 1984 the group Dark Lord. They released 2 eps, toured with some cool european bands and drank scary amounts of beer... that was a period that he still remember with fondness.Alex Masi, moved to Los Angeles in 1986 after a request made by a record company to join an already existing band. That band later on was named after him...something he never felt too comfortable with. It was the era of the so called metal shredders and some record companies thought of building bands around us six-string wankers. MASI (the band) made a couple of albums under that name and later on in the late 1990's he released another couple of albums using the same monicker just to try to make it easier for people to recognize whom those records were from...In 1999 Alex Masi, released the first of a series of albums dedicated to composers he particularly love. The first of course was Bach ("In the Name of Bach") followed by Mozart in 2004 and L.v. Beethoven in April of 2005. He intends to continue recording Classical music from all periods and styles. In my solo records i've always tried to keep things less predictable as possible."Neon Shark" and "Vertical Invader" are his early attempts at breaking away from what is expected of a "guitar hero". He received the Grammy nomination for "Neon Shark", the same album on which Allan Holdsworth had guested. MCM in 2004 was another proud moment musically...with John Macaluso and Randy Coven they tried to incorporate some "outside" ideas and even quite a bit of Indian music which has been a favourite of him for the past seven years or so. The goal is to continue to do always more interesting things, collaborate with stimulating musicians and develop artistically.

Album:

Very good album.Probably the best song of whole album was "Golden Coast" that really shine whole album and some of songs were okay and probably the two or three last songs were so flat and could stand to keep much longer and I shame about it. But I noticed there at lot of instrumental rock bands working and pushing how they want they album to work out to make buy into a good audience whoever wants to buy this album. Not what I expected of this whole album, I think Alex Masi was trying to do too much and make too much of good thing trying to incorporate different elements like voice recognition and different catchy sound background to kind to make it a different matching each song. Alex plays seems impossible! Yet it's melodic, catchy, & easy to listen to! "Front Line Theory" grabs the listener from the first second and the album doesn't let up or have a slow moment (figuratively & literally) all the way through to the very end! I'm hesitant to say that it's my favorite of all of his albums since they are all so great ("Eternal Struggle" is near unbeatable in my opinion), but I think we may have a winner here! I am (obviously) a huge fan of Joe Satriani, Steve Vai, Yngwie Malmsteen, John Petrucci, Eric Johnson, etc...but NONE of those guys (no disrespect) have EVER made me feel musically inadequate or like turning in my guitars...but Alex has continuously made me aware that there are just some guitar skills that will always be out of my reach (and I'm not a bad player by any stretch of the imagination...see Neurepublik). Listening to a Masi/Alex Masi album is as epic (if not more so) than watching the most badass science fiction or fantasy movie ever! Whether your a musician or not...BUY THIS ALBUM! You owe it to yourself as Alex has set the bar very high, even for himself with "Danger Zone"!

Line-Up:

Alex Masi : Guitar - See also: ex-War and Peace, Vertigo, Condition Red, Dark Lord, MCM, John Macaluso
Kyle Michaels : Vocals
Tim McCardell : Bass
Tim Hart : Drums

Tracklist:

01. Front Line Theory
02. Second Door
03. Anti-Aircraft
04. Heat Seekin' Device
05. Golden Coast
06. Sun People
07. Viva La Revolucion
08. Beginning of the End
09. Sexual Warfare
10. Danger Zone
11. Holy Fiend
12. Afterglow

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2013 / NEWS 2013"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 14 neregistrovaných