Soen (SWE)

Progressive Metal , Progressive Rock , Avantgarde....
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Soen (SWE)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 14 Jún 2020, 13:03

Soen - Tellurian (2014)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2014
Style : Progressive Metal
Audio : 320 kbps + scans
Size : 137 mb

Bio:

Soen is a progressive metal supergroup consisting of various high-profile extreme metal musicians. Their debut album Cognitive was released on February 15, 2012.Initially formed in 2004, it was in May 2010 that the formation of Soen was announced. The original lineup consisted of former Opeth drummer Martin Lopez, ex-Death, Testament and Sadus bassist Steve Di Giorgio, Willowtree vocalist Joel Ekelöf and guitarist Kim Platbarzdis.The group's first song, "Fraccions", was released on the band's official website in October 2010.Their first video, for the song "Savia", was posted on their Facebook page in February 2012.Their second video is a moody acoustic version of the song "Ideate". The band's third video is for the song "Delenda".Drummer Martin Lopez has described Soen's music as "melodic, heavy, intricate and very different than everything else."Their debut, Cognitive, was released in February 2012 receiving positive critical reception, the members' technical proficiency was praised the most, though many reviewers noted extreme stylistic similarities to the music of Tool.Martin Lopez commented on the Tool similarity: "We are inspired by Tool but I consider them not only a band but a genre. Besides that, I really don’t think there’s anything to argue about, we make good music whoever it would remind you of. Some people tend to dislike rather than like and are looking for faults instead of seeing music for what it is, good or bad".

Album:

What tells us the album title? Tellurian is on the official "he often Dictionary English Language," an obsolete word for "of the earth or the earth dweller". The unique illustrators of the subconscious are back with a reassuring message for all Earthlings in turmoil, hurry or in need. The Swedish champion of the Progrocks bring us to "Tellurian" comforting words dressed in complex musical structures, packed with gadgets and wonderful melodies full of melancholy.The sonic labyrinth of "Tellurian" can be best explored through headphones in a darkened room with your eyes closed. Definitely not just another prog metal album that will still finish in a minute and has already forgotten in the next. Abstract and without pre-manufactured forms, supported by brutal beautiful melodies sends us the album through ups and downs wonderful soundscapes.To say it with the bands own words: Soen Probably are not for everybody's ears but love it or leave them, Their music is not something you can consume. It consumes you if you let it.

Line-Up:

Joel Ekelöf – vocals (WILLOWTREE)
Martin Lopez – drums and percussions (ex-OPETH, AMON AMARTH)
Joakim Platbarzdis – guitar
Stefan Stenberg – bass

Tracklist:

01. Komenco
02. Tabula Rasa
03. Kuraman
04. The Words
05. Pluton
06. Koniskas
07. Ennui
08. Void
09. The Other’s Fall

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Re: Soen (SWE)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 14 Jún 2020, 13:03

Soen - Lykaia (Limited Edition Digipak) (2017)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2017
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans + Video

Bio:

Soen is a progressive metal supergroup consisting of various high-profile extreme metal musicians. Their debut album Cognitive was released on February 15, 2012.Initially formed in 2004, it was in May 2010 that the formation of Soen was announced. The original lineup consisted of former Opeth drummer Martin Lopez, ex-Death, Testament and Sadus bassist Steve Di Giorgio, Willowtree vocalist Joel Ekelöf and guitarist Kim Platbarzdis.The group's first song, "Fraccions", was released on the band's official website in October 2010.Their first video, for the song "Savia", was posted on their Facebook page in February 2012.Their second video is a moody acoustic version of the song "Ideate". The band's third video is for the song "Delenda".Drummer Martin Lopez has described Soen's music as "melodic, heavy, intricate and very different than everything else."Their debut, Cognitive, was released in February 2012 receiving positive critical reception, the members' technical proficiency was praised the most, though many reviewers noted extreme stylistic similarities to the music of Tool.Martin Lopez commented on the Tool similarity: "We are inspired by Tool but I consider them not only a band but a genre. Besides that, I really don’t think there’s anything to argue about, we make good music whoever it would remind you of. Some people tend to dislike rather than like and are looking for faults instead of seeing music for what it is, good or bad".

Album:

Progressive metal supergroup Soen are back after a mere two years with a new offering of dark, moody prog metal entitled ‘Lykaia’ and it’s a work that is sure to bring joy to fans of the band and the genre as a whole. I’ve been aware of the band for a while now, but never followed their career very closely. My main interest in them was the presence of former Opeth drummer Martin Lopez, whom I’ve loved since getting into that band back in 2001. And I’ve missed his drumming a good bit, so I leapt at the chance at hearing and reviewing what he and his current band mates are up to. I’ll also be honest and admit that I shied away from Soen a bit over the years due to the constant comparisons to TOOL who, contrary to popular opinion, I think are more than a little overrated. Are there similarities? Listening through this new album, I’d have to say sure, but Soen are now doing their own thing, and have their own approach, and that is where the inevitable comments and comparisons between the two will end.‘Lykaia’ begins with the powerful and heavy “Sectarian” and the sound and approach of the album as a whole is established from the very first notes. Soen are not a flashy prog metal band in the likes of Dream Theater or others, but are more focused on solid song writing and letting the small, but vital, intricacies move the music forward and progress into a cohesive whole. The style is in part reminiscent of the less extreme, but still metal, passages of early Opeth, which is not at all to suggest they’re copying that sound, but the vibe is certainly similar. To heighten the similarity, vocalist Joel Ekelöf sounds uncannily like Mikael Åkerfeldt throughout. Obviously what his voice sounds like compared to someone else’s isn’t his fault, but the similarities must be mentioned regardless, and most importantly the vocals are very strong through the whole album.‘Lykaia’ continues through its 51 minute running time to ooze quality and craftsmanship, with each song being a well constructed world unto itself, whose only interest is to follow the creative muse, and do what the song requires. The perfect example of this is the forth song, and by far my favorite, “Opal” which runs about 7 minutes. Short by prog standards, but the guitar work of Marcus Jidell, and the bass of Stefan Stenberg fuse perfectly with the light touch and flavor of Lopez’s drumming. This perfect marriage and timing of Lopez is highlighted at the 3:50 mark when the song builds, and over the top he plays a simple cymbal or bell pattern which raises the intensity and togetherness of the song to another level. Though seemingly minor it is absolutely sublime, and a moment I anticipate and am rewarded by with each listen. It’s a small thing, a small touch, one which many might not think anything of, but I believe quality art is made of small details that stick with the listener or viewer, even if missed or ignored by others. And this album is quality art.It is not perfect, however, and I naturally have some critiques as well as praise. The most serious of which is even though all the songs are well crafted, there is a sameness about them that is honestly rather monotonous. Once you hear the first song, and absorb it, you pretty much get the sound of this album. They establish their sound, and don’t deviate much from it, which is perhaps why the enjoyment and interest in the songs come from repeated close listening to see how they work and build. But a bit of sonic variety would certainly be welcome in my mind. I would also like to hear the bass lifted a bit in the mix, particularly in the heavier portions where it gets a bit lost. Jidell’s work shines in the quieter middle sections, so hearing his bass lines a bit more clearly in the heavier would not be amiss.‘Lykaia’ is ultimately a prog metal album of very high quality, and one that should be on the radar of any metal fan. Although there are strong similarities between songs, and sometimes other bands, the songs and album Soen have created are meticulously crafted by musicians playing and writing at the top of their game, to produce a heavy, melodic, and frequently emotional journey of moody metal. Not a masterpiece perhaps, but highly recommended.

Line-Up:

Stefan Stenberg – bass
Marcus Jidell - guitars
Lars Åhlund - keyboards

Tracklist:

01. Sectarian (5:55)
02. Orison (7:07)
03. Lucidity (6:36)
04. Opal (6:46)
05. Jinn (5:41)
06. Sister (5:30)
07. Stray (5:38)
08. Paragon (6:25)
09. God's Acre (8:10)

+ Video "Lucidity" (Official Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 29 Aug 2023, 11:41

Soen - Imperial (Digipak Edition) (2021)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2021
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans

Bio:

Album:

The provocative, imperious and engaging Swedish based metal band Soen unveils fifth album "Imperial", via Silver Lining Music. Founder members Joel Ekelöf (vocals) and Martin Lopez (drums), along with Lars Enok Åhlund (keyboards and guitar), Oleksii 'Zlatoyar' Kobel (bass) and Cody Ford (lead guitar) have never shied away from challenging our perceptions of life and humanity and "Imperial" continues Soen's unique journey through the psyche of our species and the conundrum of our times. Eight crisp, sharp and supremely constructed songs spanning frustration, reflection and hope, "Imperial" is the most fierce and dynamic release of Soen's journey, one which continues to be deeply therapeutic for both the band’s dedicated followers and the band themselves."In my life I try to be as real as possible, but I think that the music and nature of Soen are the only place that I really, really feel I can be myself", explains Martin Lopez. "When you're home, doing music & writing lyrics, that is where you really get to express yourself without any judgement and with total freedom."Produced by Iñaki Marconi and the band, "Imperial" was mixed and mastered by Kane Churko, who has worked with the likes of Ozzy Osbourne and Bob Dylan, giving songs such as "Illusion", "Modesty" and the epic closer "Fortune" a dimension and richness which will reach yet more ears and minds. The sheer power and poetry of Soen's dynamics are more completely executed and honed than ever before, something which is perversely a product of the COVID-19 pandemic.

Line-Up:

Cody Ford (lg)
Lars Enok Åhlund (k, g)
Oleksii 'Zlatoyar' Kobel (b)

Tracklist:

01. Lumerian
02. Deceiver
03. Monarch
04. Illusion
05. Antagonist
06. Modesty
07. Dissident
08. Fortune

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 29 Aug 2023, 11:46

Soen - Memorial (Japan Diigipak Edition) (2023)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2023 (Japan Diigipak Edition)
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 122 mb

Bio:

Album:

Never ones to take the restrained path, on the sixth studio album "Memorial", Soen faces down the ills and ways of current society with a crisp, wounded venom that betrays the pain, anger and frustrations. Each guitar carries a greater serrated edge, each melody a richer heart, each lyric a soul and spleen venting definitive proclamation. At the same time, Soen’s unique blend of progression, aggression and beauty shows more maturity than ever before. The dovetail of melodic greatness and face-crushingly heavy guitars and rhythms on "Memorial" are glorious. There's the proud power-stride of "Sincere" and the sheer power of "Unbreakable", Martin Lopez's drums driving deep, the symphonic beauty of "Hollowed" (featuring guest vocals by Elisa), and the rousing roar of "Icon", with the trademark vocals of Joel Ekelöf as emotionally evocative as ever. Throughout, Oleksii 'Zlatoyar' Kobel's bass supplies a thick river of support, while Lars Enok Åhlund and Cody Lee Ford supply consistently dynamic, brilliant twin guitar work. Finishing with the beautiful, tragic, Pink Floyd-doused ballad "Vitals", "Memorial" is the result of brave, emotiona and evocative artists finding their best stride yet amidst global chaos and madness. Soen has been building up to this moment for years; now they're here, "Memorial" deserves universal acclaim as a truly inspired modern hard rock classic.

Line-Up:

Cody Ford - guitar
Lars Enok Åhlund - keyboards , guitar
Oleksii 'Zlatoyar' Kobel - bass

Tracklist:

01. Sincere
02. Unbreakable
03. Violence
04. Fortress
05. Hollowed (ft. Elisa)
06. Memorial
07. Incendiary
08. Tragedian
09. Icon
10. Vitals
11. Pesticide (Japan Bonus Track)

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Návrat na "PROGRESSIVE Metal, PROGRESSIVE Rock"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 13 neregistrovaných