Devin Townsend Project (CAN)

Progressive Metal , Progressive Rock , Avantgarde....
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Devin Townsend Project (CAN)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 24 Apr 2020, 22:49

Devin Townsend Project - Transcendence (2CD) (Limited Edition Digipak) (2016)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2016
Style : Progressive Metal
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 180 mb

Bio:

Devin Garret Townsend (born May 5, 1972) is a Canadian musician, songwriter and record producer. He was the founder, songwriter, vocalist, and guitarist in extreme metal band Strapping Young Lad from 1994 to 2007 and has an extensive career as a solo artist.After performing in a number of heavy metal bands in high school, Townsend was discovered by a record label in 1993 and was asked to perform lead vocals on Steve Vai's album Sex & Religion. After recording and touring with Vai, Townsend was discouraged by what he found in the music industry, and vented his anger on the solo album Heavy as a Really Heavy Thing released under the pseudonym Strapping Young Lad. He soon assembled a band under the name, and released the critically acclaimed City in 1997. Since then, he has released three more studio albums with Strapping Young Lad, along with solo material released under his own independent record label, HevyDevy Records.Townsend's solo albums, a diverse mix of hard rock, progressive metal, ambient, and new-age, have featured a varying lineup of supporting musicians. In 2002 he formed the Devin Townsend Band, a dedicated lineup which recorded and toured for two of his solo releases. In 2007, he disbanded both Strapping Young Lad and the Devin Townsend Band, taking a break from touring to spend more time with his family. After a two-year hiatus, he began recording again, and soon announced the formation of the Devin Townsend Project. The project began with a series of four albums, released from 2009 to 2011, each written in a different style, and Townsend continues to record and tour under the new moniker.Across all his bands and projects, Townsend has released twenty-three studio albums and three live albums. Townsend's trademark production style, featuring a heavily multitracked wall of sound, has been compared to the styles of Phil Spector and Frank Zappa. His versatile vocal delivery ranges from screaming to an opera-esque singing, and his songwriting is similarly diverse. Townsend's musical style is rooted in metal, and his albums are written to express different aspects of his personality.

Reviews:

DEVIN TOWNSEND PROJECT, the band led by Canadian musician/producer Devin Townsend, will release its new album, "Transcendence", on September 2.Devin comments: "'Transcendence', like every record I've done prior, is an extension of what's been going on in my world, represented in a new batch of songs. I'm 44 years old now, and this is where I have been over the past two years since 'Z2'."The follow-up to 2014's "Z2" double album (half of which was made up of the DTP full-length "Sky Blue"), sees the award-winning Townsend exploring a relatively new way of working, collaborating with the entire DTP band during the writing stages of the record. "The result of this process is a record that I truly think the intention of is special," he says of the album. "I 'found' gas to put into the tank and am glad I did. I think the intention, the theme, and the participation of everyone involved allows this album to act like a fulcrum between the past few years and what I intend to do next with the symphony. I am very proud of it and everyone involved."The artwork was once again created by Anthony Clarkson, whom Devin has been working with for several years now. Townsend comments on the cover: "[Anthony] presented me the main image of the girl as a painted version, and I was intrigued and asked him to redo it with a girl he knew with photos. I liked the idea that it seemed like a mashup of religious and spiritual imagery, in a sense, representing the idea (to me) that these types of connections to the infinite are often more like identities we can cling to rather than what lies behind. In a sense, the character on the front almost seems like the ideologies she's representing are more 'brand names' than anything else."In a recent interview with Metal Wani, Devin stated about the songwriting process for the follow-up to DEVIN TOWNSEND PROJECT's 2014 double album "Z2": "Because 'Z2' happened amidst the crowdfunding, amidst touring and just lots of shit, it was really a challenging and tiring experience. So I've tried to spend this year really putting the pieces together. So now that we are working on a new DTP record, the process will be more streamlined, more efficient and more fulfilling."He continued: "The way that I write is I just write a ton of music in the background of my life and then I just bring it into rehearsal. It's, like, 'Okay, guys. It goes like this. Let's smooth it out.'"Townsend also talked about the new album's musical and lyrical direction. He said: "In terms of what the music is, it's always hard to tell. But in terms of what the theme is, I can tell you — it's about getting over it: getting over yourself, getting over… all that stuff. And I'm not saying that I am. But the point of it is, that seems to be the next step."He went on to say: "You know, I'll get into situations with people that I'll be really irritated by them. And recently there's been this sort of thing that's been going on in my process where I'm, like, 'This is your problem. This is not [the other] person that needs to change; it's you and how you're reacting to them.' And that's kind of new, right?"Townsend added: "Because I have been so pigheaded and so selfish about so many things for so many years, I've spent a lot of time being, like, 'That person needs to change. This person needs to change.' So, in a sense, this record is based around the sense of, like, what needs to change is your reaction to these things and not them.""Z2" was a double album where the first CD was a DEVIN TOWNSEND PROJECT album called "Sky Blue", and the second disc was a ZILTOID album called "Dark Matters".DEVIN TOWNSEND PROJECT will team up with BETWEEN THE BURIED AND ME for the "Transcending The Coma Tour" this fall. Support on the trek will come from FALLUJAH.

Line Up:

Devin Townsend Vocals, Guitars, Bass, Keyboards, Programming (2009-present) - See also: Casualties of Cool, Devin Townsend, ex-IR8, ex-Ocean Machine, ex-Punky Brüster, ex-Strapping Young Lad, ex-The Devin Townsend Band, ex-Bent Sea, ex-Caustic Thought (live), ex-Grey Skies, ex-Noisescapes, ex-Revolution Harmony, ex-Steve Vai, ex-The Wildhearts (live)

Brian Waddell Bass (2009, 2012-present) - See also: ex-The Devin Townsend Band

Ryan van Poederooyen Drums (2009, 2011, 2012-present) - See also: Non-Human Level, ex-God Awakens Petrified, ex-The Devin Townsend Band, Terror Syndrome, ex-Lalu

Dave Young Keyboards (2009, 2011, 2012-present), Guitars (2012-present) - See also: ex-The Devin Townsend Band, Terror Syndrome

Mike St. Jean Keyboards (2014-present)

Tracklist:

CD1:

01. Truth 04:47
02. Stormbending 05:22
03. Failure 06:02
04. Secret Sciences 07:28
05. Higher 09:40
06. Stars 04:17
07. Transcendence 05:54
08. Offer Your Light 03:57
09. From the Heart 08:23
10. Transdermal Celebration (Ween cover) 08:26

CD2:

01. Gump 05:24
02. Celestial Signals 05:02
03. Support the Cause 04:31
04. Into the Sun 03:11
05. Time Overload 04:00
06. Lexus 05:14
07. Farther On 02:51
08. Victim 03:09
09. Monkey Mind 03:51
10. Caknucklehead 02:09
11. Loud 03:23

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "PROGRESSIVE Metal, PROGRESSIVE Rock"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 6 neregistrovaných