Confessor (USA)

Progressive Metal , Progressive Rock , Avantgarde....
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Confessor (USA)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 16 Jan 2017, 14:55

Confessor - Condemned (1991) (Relativity Records 2012)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1991 (Relativity Records 2012)
Style : Progressive Doom Metal
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 180 mb

Bio:

Confessor is a Heavy prog doom metal band from North Carolina, United States. By their technically complex interpretation of traditional doom style, they are also a well-known name within progressive metal circles. To date, the band has released two full-length studio albums.Following the release of their 1991 debut album, Condemned, Confessor disbanded in 1993 while the band was already planning a second album, but reformed in 2002 and is still active today.

Album:

"You've never heard anything like this!" is, for the most part, an overused and meaningless phrase, that is unless you happen to be talking about Confessor. Their debut album, Condemned, is one of the most uniquely bizarre metal records I've ever heard. A brilliant mix of seemingly incongruous elements Confessor's deranged sound is truly unforgettable. Imagine a vocalist that sounds like a woman screaming for her life, doom riffs so heavy and crunchy they'd make Candlemass green with envy, and serpentine drumming so complex and off-kilter it'd make Tomas Haake's head spin. Released back in 1991 on Earache Records, it's easy to see how Condemned flew over everyone's heads and was relegated to obscurity while poseurs everywhere were busy listening to Necroticism and Blessed Are the Sick. Musically, these guys did not fit in at all with the death metal scene that was just coming to prominence. They were operating on a completely different level, orbiting somewhere in outer space. This record was so ahead of its time I still don't think we've caught up.And how about the brutal cover art? Beautifully rendered in colored pencil against a stark background, a presumably nude male writhes bound, gagged, and blind-folded as he's shot in the back of the head. It's a masterpiece.Confessor broke while trying to record the follow-up to Condemned around 1993, but reformed in 2002 to play a benefit for their recently deceased guitarist Ivan Colon (R.I.P.). They finally released their sophomore album, Unraveled, in 2005. It sounds like Alice in Chains and highly recommend everyone check it out. Now for some killer videos...This first video is one of the most awesome things I've ever seen. It features a young Confessor performing at a water park that no longer exists called Fame City in Houston, Texas back in 1988. The quality is incredible. When the camera pulls back to reveal that they're playing on a gigantic poolside stage with people sunbathing just a few feet away... fucking surreal. I'm a big fan of singer Scott Jeffreys' neon green short shorts.

Line Up:

Brian Shoaf Guitars
Ivan Colon (R.I.P. 2002) Guitars
Cary Rowells Bass (1986-1994, 2002-present) - See also: Loincloth, ex-Fly Machine
Scott Jeffreys Vocals (1986-1994, 2002-2009, 2011-present) - See also: ex-Watchtower
Steve Shelton Drums (1987-1994, 2002-present) - See also: Loincloth, ex-Fly Machine

Tracklist:

01. Alone 04:23
02. Prepare Yourself 04:28
03. Collapse into Despair 04:50
04. Defining Happiness 03:58
05. Uncontrolled 03:58
06. Condemned 04:43
07. Eve of Salvation 05:29
08. The Stain 04:14
09. Suffer 04:57
10. Last Judgement (Bonus Track)
11. Endtime (Bonus Track)
12. Collapse... (Into Despair) (Demo version) (Bonus Track)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "PROGRESSIVE Metal, PROGRESSIVE Rock"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 12 neregistrovaných