Dreams (USA)

Hard Rock, Melodic Rock , AOR , Blues Rock , Glam & Sleaze Rock , West Coast , Christian Rock
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Dreams (USA)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 02 Júl 2021, 11:28

Dreams - Dreams (AOR Heaven Classix Edition) (2013)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1988-1991 (AOR Heaven Classix Remastered Edition 2013)
Style : Melodic Hard Rock , AOR
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 141 mb

Bio:

Dreams is a an AOR/hard rock band from Palos Hills, Illinois, USA, that was formed in 1985.Around 1985, in Palos Hills, IL, DREAMS started performing high-energy Melodic Rock in the Northern Illinois area perfecting their musical skills and style including headlining performances at major Universities, nightclubs and numerous city festivals.This way they built a sizeable following, which was enough for local label Broker Records to sign them. The self-titled debut was produced by Todd’s father, Gary Loizzo, ex- lead vocalist of American Breed and owner of a recording studio.Gary is a Grammy-nominated recording engineer who worked with multimillion-selling Styx records in the late 1970’s and early 1980’s, as well as on many other successful recordings. So, despite of being in a small label, “Dreams” has a superior high quality sound and production compared to any other small budget recordings of the era.Strangely enough though, Broker Records only released the stuff the guys had written / recorded on cassette, at the time a popular format in the States, because a lot of Americans used to listen to music on the road.More than 5,000 cassette tapes were sold and the band went out to play at some of L.A.’s clubs located on the infamous Sunset Strip. Unfortunately when they started showcasing for various major record labels, the sordid grunge began to take over the market and not a single Californian record company was interested in DREAMS anymore.

Album:

German label AOR Heaven through its subsidiary ‘Classix’ has been done an excellent job reissuing classic AOR / Melodic Rock gems, some of them previous unreleased.This is the case with the digitally remastered “DREAMS [AOR Heaven Classix remaster]” from the American band of the same name which was founded by keyboarder Todd Loizzo and some of his like-minded high school friends halfway the ’80s.And yes, this is pure classy stuff.Now it’s time for a proper reissue, and AOR Heaven Classix’s remaster is truly great, as the original master tapes obviously sound very good. What we have here is a pure late ’80s American Melodic Rock / AOR bliss with catchy choruses and a crisp sound.DREAMS style reminds you instantly of early NIGHT RANGER, LOVERBOY, REO SPEEDWAGON, SIGNAL, etc.The album has something for everyone: great AOR tunes such as “The Fear Of Being Alone” or “Does It Feel Like If You Want It To”, two soaring ballads in “Always There For You” and “ Lovin’ You Ain’t Enough”, and good time melodic rockers in “Livin’ In Another World” and “Coming Down On Me”. These are too good that deserve to be heard by any fan of the genre.In short: brash, big choruses, killer synths and over the top guitar playing in a typical ’80s fashion.If this album had been released halfway the ’80s on a major label, DREAMS would have been a huge. Well, never it’s too late. The material on this self-titled album comprises 12 huge AOR pearls written in the period 1988-1991 arranged & performed with all the melodic sense and catchiness to be a winner.AOR / Melodic Rock fans, don’t miss “Dreams”, it’s indeed a ‘dreamy’ recording full of ’80s magic.

Line-Up:

Linas Kastys – lead vocals
Paul Smith – guitars
Todd Loizzo – keyboards
John Oskorep – bass, acoustic guitar, backing vocals
Dave Batastini – drums, backing vocals

Tracklist:

01. Drive You Crazy
02. The Fear Of Being Alone
03. (Does It Feel) Like You Want It To
04. Do You Feel For Me
05. Livin’ In Another World
06. Feels Like I’m In Love
07. Run
08. Always There For You
09. Coming Down On Me
10. Something I Need
11. Lovin’ You Ain’t Enough
12. Livin’ In Another World (Original Demo Version)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Re: Dreams (USA)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 05 Sep 2023, 07:10

Dreams - Dreams (1987) (2CD) (Bad Reputation Records Edition 2023)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1987 (Bad Reputation Records Edition 2023)
Style : Melodic Hard Rock , AOR
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 213 mb

Bio:

Dreams is a an AOR/hard rock band from Palos Hills, Illinois, USA, that was formed in 1985.Around 1985, in Palos Hills, IL, DREAMS started performing high-energy Melodic Rock in the Northern Illinois area perfecting their musical skills and style including headlining performances at major Universities, nightclubs and numerous city festivals.This way they built a sizeable following, which was enough for local label Broker Records to sign them. The self-titled debut was produced by Todd’s father, Gary Loizzo, ex- lead vocalist of American Breed and owner of a recording studio.Gary is a Grammy-nominated recording engineer who worked with multimillion-selling Styx records in the late 1970’s and early 1980’s, as well as on many other successful recordings. So, despite of being in a small label, “Dreams” has a superior high quality sound and production compared to any other small budget recordings of the era.Strangely enough though, Broker Records only released the stuff the guys had written / recorded on cassette, at the time a popular format in the States, because a lot of Americans used to listen to music on the road.More than 5,000 cassette tapes were sold and the band went out to play at some of L.A.’s clubs located on the infamous Sunset Strip. Unfortunately when they started showcasing for various major record labels, the sordid grunge began to take over the market and not a single Californian record company was interested in DREAMS anymore.

Album:

DREAMS was founded by keyboarder Todd Loizzo and some of his like-minded high school friends halfway the ’80s influenced by the AOR / FM rock music style from the era.Between 1990-91 Dreams recorded many of the songs they had written in the period 1988-1991 and record labels we interested, however with the rock music business already changing things were delayed and these tracks remained unreleased for decades. The sadly now defunct AOR Heaven Records finally released “Dreams” on CD for our delight in 2013 though their AOR Heaven Classix series.This item was out of print very quickly but now 2023 thanks to Bad Reputation Records “Dreams” not only is available again, but also with a bonus disc of previously unreleased songs, and a fresh, new cover artwork done by the famous Mark Wilkinson (Marillion, Fish, Iron Maiden, Koritni, The Darkness).And yes, this is pure classy AOR stuff.Having a father who was first lead vocalist of American Breed and then owner of a recording studio, it was written in the stars that Todd Loizzo would start a band of his own. Within a year, DREAMS not only played in and around Chicago, but at many colleges throughout the state of Illinois.This way they built a sizeable following, which was enough for local label Broker Records to sign them. Strangely enough though, Broker only released the stuff the guys had written/recorded on cassette, at the time a popular format in the States, because a lot of Americans used to listen to music on the road.Several thousand cassette tapes were sold and the band went out to play at some of L.A.’s clubs located in the infamous Sunset Strip.Sadly enough: when they started showcasing for various records labels, Nirvana and the likes began to take over the market and not a single record company was interested in DREAMS anymore.But because they still had that local following, the band went on until halfway the ’90s before they really knew that there was no future for them. Unbelievable, because what you will listening is of such a huge quality!If this material have been released hallway the ’80s, DREAMS would have been a mega act.This reissue / remaster is great, as the original master tapes obviously sound very good. What we have here is a pure late ’80s American Melodic Rock / AOR bliss with catchy choruses and a crisp sound. DREAMS style reminds you instantly of early NIGHT RANGER, LOVERBOY, REO SPEEDWAGON, SIGNAL, etc.The album has something for everyone: great AOR tunes such as “The Fear Of Being Alone” or “Does It Feel Like If You Want It To”, two soaring ballads in “Always There For You” and “ Lovin’ You Ain’t Enough”, and good time melodic rockers in “Livin’ In Another World” and “Coming Down On Me”. These are too good that deserve to be heard by any fan of the genre.The bonus disc also features songs written / recorded back in the day, and some more recent – however all retaining that late Eighties AOR / melodic rock sound & style.In short: brash, big choruses, killer synths and over the top guitar playing in a typical ’80s fashion.

Line-Up:

Linas Kastys – lead vocals
Paul Smith – guitars
Todd Loizzo – keyboards
John Oskorep – bass, acoustic guitar, backing vocals
Dave Batastini – drums, backing vocals

Tracklist:

CD1:

01. Drive You Crazy
02. The Fear Of Being Alone
03. (Does It Feel) Like You Want It To
04. Do You Feel For Me
05. Livin’ In Another World
06. Feels Like I’m In Love
07. Run
08. Always There For You
09. Coming Down On Me
10. Something I Need
11. Lovin’ You Ain’t Enough

CD2:

01. Pickin’ Up The Pieces
02. Back With You
03. Tell Me
04. Feels Like I’m In Love
05. Doin’ It My Way
06. Summer Nights
07. Should ‘ve Known From The Start
08. Don’t Want To Fall In Love
09. When I’m With You
10. Livin’ In Another World

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "HARD Rock, MELODIC Rock, AOR, BLUES Rock, GLAM & SLEAZE Rock"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 23 neregistrovaných