Rick Springfield (AUS)

Hard Rock, Melodic Rock , AOR , Blues Rock , Glam & Sleaze Rock , West Coast , Christian Rock
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Rick Springfield (AUS)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 16 Jún 2016, 15:26

Rick Springfield - Living In Oz (1989) (Rock Candy Remastered 2008)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1989 (Rock Candy Remastered 2008)
Style : Melodic Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans + Videos
Size : 137 mb

Bio:

Rick Springfield (born Richard Lewis Springthorpe; 23 August 1949) is an Australian musician, singer-songwriter, actor and author. He was a member of the pop rock group Zoot from 1969 to 1971, then started his solo career with his début single "Speak to the Sky" reaching the top 10 in Australia in mid-1972, when he moved to the United States. He had a No. 1 hit with "Jessie's Girl" in 1981 in both Australia and the US, for which he received the Grammy Award for Best Male Rock Vocal Performance. He followed with four more top 10 US hits, "I've Done Everything for You", "Don't Talk to Strangers", "Affair of the Heart" and "Love Somebody". His two US top 10 albums are Working Class Dog (1981) and Success Hasn't Spoiled Me Yet (1982). As an actor, he portrayed Dr. Noah Drake on the daytime drama General Hospital, from 1981 to 1983 and during 2005 to 2008 and 2012, returning in 2013 for the show's 50th anniversary with son and actor Liam Springthorpe. In 2010, Springfield published his autobiography, Late, Late at Night: A Memoir.

Album:

Here's RICK SPRINGFIELD's "Living In Oz", one of his best '80s albums 'Remastered & Reloaded' by Rock Candy Records."Living In Oz" appeared at a time when Rick had made name for himself as a beloved actor in various TV series and as a rock&pop artist, having released the multi-platinum albums Working Class Dog and Success Hasn't Spoiled Me Yet.After that he wanted a lot more Rock credibility and started to write harder-edged material that would take his (already) outstanding career to a new level.Recorded with such luminaries as incredible guitarist Tim Pierce, drummer Mike Baird (Stan Bush, Journey) keyboardist Alan Pasqua, Richard Page & Tom Kelly doing backing vocals, etc, and produced by Bill Drescher and Springfield himself, it was another album that reached the platinum status, even though it differed a lot from the ones previously released."Living In Oz" showcased a slightly different creative tack for Springfield, who opted to modify his existing sound with deeper, more personalised lyrical themes, yet still retain a glossy melodic sheen.The album boasts two major hit singles in the brilliantly evocative guitar-driven ‘Affair Of The Heart’ and the instantly catchy ‘Human Touch’ which excellently mixed state-of-the-art sound of the era with warm vocals.'Affair Of The Heart' with its brilliant string arrangement is one of my all time favorite poppy AOR songs from the '80s. 'Motel Eyes' is marked with solid-edged beat, while title track 'Living In Oz' is an excellent rocker starting from heavy guitar riff and another favourite of mine.'Souls' rocks strongly, while 'I Can't Stop Hurting You' is another fabulous track: Rick (or the song's protagonist, take your pick) cops to mistreating the woman he loves, and laments the fact that he can't seem to stop doing so.'Like Father, Like Son' ends the album on a somber note, but one that should have listeners thinking about the tradition of families to mindlessly carry on stifling, even cruel traditions in the name of religion. This song is a tribute for his lost father."Living In Oz" is probably one of the best rock&pop / melodic rock albums from the US first half of the '80s scene, and one of the best in Rick Springfield's career. It is a truly exceptional and quite brilliant work.
This Rock Candy remaster sounds great, crisp.

Line Up:

Rick Springfield: vocals, guitar, bass, backing vocals
Tim Pierce: guitars
Mike Seifrit, Dennis Belfield: bass
Mike Baird: drums
Alan Pasqua, John Shenale, Mitchell Froom: keyboards
Jack White: electronic drums
Richard Elliot: sax solo on "Human Touch"
Michael Fisher: percussion
Richard Page, Tom Kelly: backing vocals

Tracklist:

01. Human Touch
02. Alyson
03. Affair Of The Heart
04. Living In Oz
05. Me & Johnny
06. Motel Eyes
07. Tiger By The Tail
08. Souls
09. I Can't Stop Hurting You
10. Like Father, Like Son

+ Video "Affair of the Heart" (Official Video)
+ Video "Human Touch" (Official Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Re: Rick Springfield (AUT)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 04 Dec 2020, 18:05

Rick Springfield - Stripped Down (2015)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2015
Audio : 320 kbps + front + Video

Bio:

Rick Springfield (born Richard Lewis Springthorpe; 23 August 1949) is an Australian musician, singer-songwriter, actor and author. He was a member of the pop rock group Zoot from 1969 to 1971, then started his solo career with his début single "Speak to the Sky" reaching the top 10 in Australia in mid-1972, when he moved to the United States. He had a No. 1 hit with "Jessie's Girl" in 1981 in both Australia and the US, for which he received the Grammy Award for Best Male Rock Vocal Performance. He followed with four more top 10 US hits, "I've Done Everything for You", "Don't Talk to Strangers", "Affair of the Heart" and "Love Somebody". His two US top 10 albums are Working Class Dog (1981) and Success Hasn't Spoiled Me Yet (1982). As an actor, he portrayed Dr. Noah Drake on the daytime drama General Hospital, from 1981 to 1983 and during 2005 to 2008 and 2012, returning in 2013 for the show's 50th anniversary with son and actor Liam Springthorpe. In 2010, Springfield published his autobiography, Late, Late at Night: A Memoir.

Album:

In one of the most talked about tours of 2014, “Stripped Down” brings iconic rock star Rick Springfield to his fans in an intimate solo show of music and storytelling. Springfield has made a legendary mark on the rock world, releasing 17 albums, selling 25 million records and producing 17 top-40 hits, including “Don’t Talk to Strangers.” In 1981, he earned a Grammy Award for Best Male Rock Vocal for his No. 1 hit single “Jessie’s Girl.” This show is the first in more than 30 years of touring in which fans will hear some of Springfield’s own favorite songs live.

Line Up:

Rick Springfield - Vocals, guitar, keyboards

Tracklist:

01. Affair Of The Heart
02. Love Is Alright Tonite
03. I’ve Done Everything For You
04. Painted Girl
05. Oh Well
06. Love Somebody
07. Baby Blue
08. Rollin & Tumblin
09. If Wishes Were Fishes
10. Don’t Talk To Strangers
11. April 24th, 1981 / My Father’s Chair
12. Me & Johnny
13. Human Touch
14. Jessie’s Girl

+ Video "Affair Of The Heart" (Official Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 04 Dec 2020, 18:06

Rick Springfield - Rocket Science (2016)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2016
Audio : 320 kbps + scans

Bio:

Album:

RICK SPRINGFIELD never disappoints... "Rocket Science", his new album to be released by Frontiers Music tomorrow is another proof of his chameleonic talent. He never made the same album twice, and while here his music is more eclectic than ever, Rick continues his career renaissance with a stupendous new album in "Rocket Science"."Rocket Science" makes clear that Springfield can continue walking on this successful road made out of catchy rock tunes.The first song that has released as advance (already featured on the blog) was "Light This Party Up" which is the opener of the new disc. The start couldn't have been chosen much better, since this rockin' melodic tune will light up every party. "Down" follows. Number two on the tracklist is tasty rock song that is catchy but not cheesy. Springfield finds the right mixture to keep his cut true and authentic, something that's reflected already in the opening double.One of the coolest tracks on "Rocket Science" got the title "Miss Mayhem". Starting slow and easy the song fits somewhere between melodic rock, blues and country. It's a number that sticks out from the rest which makes it really special. However, it still fits into the context of this longplayer and is 100% Rick Springfield."Pay It Forward" is melodic pop perfection. Unbelievably catchy and driven by steel guitar, banjos and violins, the country themed pop rocker is brilliant. Impossible not to sing along to. "All Hands On Deck" is simply and extraordinary song and one of Rick’s fastest moving and catchiest songs ever. It is unlike anything he has ever recorded before."Rocket Science" comes also with some slower songs of which "Found" is the best one. Pure clean vocals and there’s another impossibly catchy hook. The song is every bit as essential as any other track here. It’s not a slow ballad by at stretch and features a full rounded chorus.The bonus track exclusive to the digital purchase is "Beautiful Inside", a lovely midtempo melodic rocker much in the vein of Rick's last album, solid and organic."Rocket Science" is the right album for Rick Springfield fans and everybody that was disappointed by Bon Jovi's latest releases. Excellent melodic rock with an a strong American vibe and a positive vibe - that's Springfield's newest album. A great teaser for the summertime.

Line Up:

Rick Springfield (vocals, guitar)
George Nastos (guitar)
George Bernhardt (guitar)
Tim Pierce (guitar)
Matt Bissonette (bass, backing vocals)
Jorge Palacios (drums)
John Jorgenson (pedal steel)
George Doering (banjo, mandolin, guitar)
Jim Cox (keyboards)
Craig Eastman (violin)

Tracklist:

01. Light This Party Up
02. Down
03. That One
04. The Best Damn Thing
05. Miss Mayhem
06. Pay It Forward
07. Found
08. Crowded Solitude
09. Let Me In
10. All Hands on Deck
11. We Connect
12. (I Wish I Had A) Concrete Heart
13. Earth to Angel
14. Beautiful Inside (Bonus Track)

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 04 Dec 2020, 18:07

Rick Springfield - The Snake King (2018)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2018
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans + Video

Bio:

Album:

Rick Springfield's resume as a successful musician and actor need not be repeated here as it has been well documented many times over the years. What needs to be discussed here is that "The Snake King" will notbe the Rick Springfield album you or anyone else was expecting. Rick, not for the first time in his career, has thrown a curveball that surprises and absolutely delights at the same time. "The Snake King" finds Rick travelling down a dusty dirt road to explore the blues side of his rock 'n roll. All you have to do is check out two of the first couple cuts on the album, "In The Land Of The Blind" and "Little Demon" or also the title-track to get an understanding of the blues laden journey Rick had decided to allow us to join him on. And of the many delights on this album, Rick's grossly underrated guitar playing really shines here, perhaps moreso than on any album in his storied catalog. As for the lyrics? Not what you'd expect either, but we'll leave it up to the listener to decide what's being relayed there.

Line Up:

George Nastos (guitar)
George Bernhardt (guitar)
Tim Pierce (guitar)
Matt Bissonette (bass, backing vocals)
Jorge Palacios (drums)
John Jorgenson (pedal steel)
George Doering (banjo, mandolin, guitar)
Jim Cox (keyboards)
Craig Eastman (violin)

Tracklist:

01. Land of the Blind
02. The Devil That You Know
03. Little Demon
04. Judas Tree
05. Jesus Was an Atheist
06. The Snake King
07. God Don't Care
08. The Voodoo House
09. Suicide Manifesto
10. Blues for the Disillusioned
11. Santa is an Anagram
12. Orpheus in the Underworld

+ Video "In The Land Of The Blind" (Official Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 16 Jún 2021, 06:24

Rick Springfield - Tao (1985) (Rock Candy Remastered 2008)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1985 (Rock Candy Remastered 2008)
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans + Videos

Bio:

Album:

This is one of the best records from the 80`s. It has it all and is definatly the best Rick Springfield album ever.Tao album for sale by Rick Springfield was released Jul 04, 2011 on the Rock Candy label. Out of print in the U.S. ! Digitally remastered reissue of this 1985 album from the Pop/Rock hitmaker. Tao album for sale Features the hit singles 'State Of The Heart' (originally by fellow Australians Mondo Rock) and 'Celebrate Youth'. Rock Candy.2008. With Tao, Springfield decided to experiment with new wave and synthrock. Springfield noted in a 2012 interview, "Tao had a lot of European influences and I perhaps went a little bit too far in that direction. The production was more European orientated, with the massive synths and that stuff actually did it really well in Europe, especially in Germany, 'Celebrate Youth' was a hit." Springfield considers Tao to be his finest album to date. "We just had a lot of new ideas. It is probably the one I experimented on the most. Whatever I thought of we tried it. It was just when sampling was just starting, we got really into the drum sampling. But we started on just a DMX. A little DMX drum machine, all the original drum tracks were laid down on that, and then we triggered other drum samples from that. It was built up track by track. That is still my favorite album." Springfield recalls, "I had stopped listening to American rock by 1984. In fact, I was getting increasingly interested in what was going on in other types of music, especially with artists who were English."In the linear notes for the collector's edition CD of "Tao" Springfield comments, "I was going through a major depression back then, and had been for a few years. I was spiritually lost, and finding it hard to cope with everything that was going on. Even my success was causing me pain. I couldn't come to terms with earning so much money while others were struggling to find small change even to eat. It seemed so wrong, but what could I do about it? On top of that, I had real problems dealing with my father's death. It all meant that I was in such a mess, which is why the lyrics on the "Tao" album are definitely the darkest of my career."Tao was dismissed by Rolling Stone’s Wild as "an overwrought, misguided bid for respectability." Voicing similar concerns, Stereo Review contributor Steve Simels explained what he viewed as "production overkill" by suggesting that Springfield may have had "lingering suspicions that he’s a pretty face rather than a musician." Still, Simels did note that "when he’s dealing with relationships, Springfield is capable of writing with a fair amount of verbal facility and genuine feeling."

Line Up:

Backing Vocals – Mike Seifrit, Tom Kelly, Tom Funderburk*
Bass – Pino Palladino
Drums – Mike Baird
Guitar Synthesizer – Jeff Silverman
Guitar, Guitar Synthesizer – Tim Pierce
Guitar, Synthesizer, Bass, Percussion, Backing Vocals – Rick Springfield
Percussion – Mike Fischer*
Synthesizer – John Philip Shenale, Mitchell Froom, Nicky Hopkins

production:

Recorded At – The Village Recorder
Mixed At – The Village Recorder
Mastered At – Artisan Sound Recorders
Photography By – Brian Aris
Producer – Bill Drescher, Rick Springfield
Remastered By – Jon Astley

Tracklist:

01. Dance This World Away (Backing Vocals – Edie Lehmann, Richard Page) 4:29
02. Celebrate Youth 3:51
03. State Of The Heart 3:59
04. Written In Rock 4:34
05. The Power Of Love (The Tao Of Love) 4:58
06. Walking On The Edge 5:09
07. Walk Like A Man 4:12
08. The Tao Of Heaven 1:26
09. Stranger In The House 4:01
10. My Father's Chair 3:23

+ Video "Dance This World Away" (Official Video)
+ Video "State Of The Heart" (Official Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 17 Jún 2021, 12:06

Rick Springfield - The Red Locusts (2021)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2021
Audio : 320 kbps + front
Size : 107 mb

Bio:

Album:

For the band ‘The Red Locusts‘ all started few months ago with their self-titled debut album promotional campaign endorsed by RICK SPRINGFIELD. The band’s members are listed as singer-guitarist Paul Ramone, bassist Scotty Skuffleton, drummer Skippy Skuffleton, keyboardist Duncan Sweets and guitarist Beau Weevil.Well, in fact, this is a RICK SPRINGFIELD new album / project, a vehicle to do some of the other type of music he loves without his name behind.However, this is pure Springfield, as the songs are being written by him and Matt Bissonette – the former guitarist in his band who he also co-wrote songs with on “Rocket Science,” “Venus in Overdrive” and “Songs for the End of the World.”The rest of ‘The Red Locusts’ are reputed musicians; i.e. the drummer with the fun fictitious name ‘Skippy Skuffleton’ is in fact the unique Gregg Bissonette (Steve Lukather Band, Stan Bush, Satriani), etc.Musically, ‘The Red Locusts’ isn’t too far from RICK SPRINGFIELD’s regular music, just more classic pop with strong Beatles, Jellyfish, ELO, The Raspberries, etc influences.On first listen, my favorite songs are “Glow Worm” and “Insert Your Name Here” – the latter gives all fans an opportunity to pretend RS wrote a love song about them, which is really exciting for your inner-13-year-old self.)“Miss Daisy Hawkins” is a fun song, with lots of Beatles references (for context, Daisy Hawkins was the original name of the character of Eleanor Rigby). Also really like “Honestly”And “Another Bad Day for Cupid” is pure RICK SPRINGFIELD, a rock&pop song that easily could be placed into any any under his moniker.A fun, melody driven album with a timeless feeling.

Line Up:

bass . Scotty Skuffleton
drums – Skippy Skuffleton
keyboards – Duncan Sweets
guitar – Beau Weevil

Tracklist:

01. Under the Rainbow
02. Another Bad Day for Cupid
03. Sons and Daughters
04. Miss Daisy Hawkins
05. Honestly
06. Glow Worm
07. Insert Your Name Here
08. Vanity Skies
09. Deep Blue Sea
10. Love Is Going to Save the Day

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Re: Rick Springfield (AUS)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 01 Aug 2023, 09:45

Rick Springfield - Automatic (2023)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2023
Audio : 320 kbps + front
Size : 187 mb

Bio:

Album:

The last song on the new record by Rick Springfield – the last of 20(!) – is called “We Are Eternal.”He may be right. I speak my truth when I say Rick Springfield is one of the great, underrated power-pop artists of all time. And in 2023, he still is.Automatic comes just a couple weeks before he turns 74.It’s 20 flippin’ songs long. Translated for you non-vinyl lovers, Rick Springfield, who was born when Harry Truman was President, just released a double album. And it’s good.Springfield obviously remembers what side of his generational bread was buttered. Because Automatic is a good ’80s record in all but year.Are there ’80s lyrical cliches? Yes. Packed with synthesizers? Yes. Enough guitar riffage to qualify as power-pop? Yes. He’s a 74-year-old man pleading for love and sex in the exact same singing voice as he had 40 years ago.It’s like rolling through a giant vat of Day-Glo. There’s popping bass and electric drums and occasional horns, and the choruses come early and often, like they’re written for what we hairspray-soaked ’80s kids used to call MTV.Springfield knows what he’s doing. The whole thing is unapologetically and gloriously 1980s, as long as you remember the decade and aren’t some sort of snotty bearded hipster.They say go with what you know. And he did. The only reason so many guys didn’t like Rick Springfield back in the day was he was a soap opera actor with whom our girlfriends all wanted to sleep. But he shows on Automatic he was a pop-rock musical stud the whole time people were dismissing him for just looking like a stud.“Automatic” goes back to his ’80s strengths: catchy guitar riffs, good vocal hooks that don’t waste time, a little glossy pop with just enough rock to make the rockers secretly like him.Opener “Exit Wound” brings it all back from the get-go: catchy guitar riff, hooky vocals from a familiar voice that seemingly hasn’t lost any air over the decades. This song is a statement Springfield makes throughout the whole record. He knows who he is and what he does best and can still pull it off.“She Walks with Angels,” and much of the rest of the record, show’s Springfield keeps the formula alive without too much overlap. This gets to the chorus nice and fast, like good pop should. The title track also gets right to it, with a little bit of soul. INTERVIEW: Rick Springfield goes back to his roots with ‘The Snake King’ “This Town” brings back an underrated trick of male-dominated pop: very present female backing vocals, with a little falsetto from Springfield. “Love Ain’t Cool” shows off a bit of underlying funk that is, in fact, kind of cool.“Come Said the Girl” has a strong pace and hook, showing his identifiable vocal chops still there. “Broke House” has some real dance feeling, despite some semi-serious lyrics. It doesn’t dawdle, which really works. “When God Forgets My Name” is in the same ballpark, telling a story and moving well.“Heroes” starts off like a “Dr Who” cover to establish some anthem-cred and ends up being one of those songs that should accompany a video of Springfield bopping around a beach with dancing bikini babes (people could say that in the ’80s).“Works for Me” brings it down a notch. It’s a cool little song on which Rick Springfield still sounds desperate or emotional about love and sex (he was always good at that; see “Jessie’s Girl”).On “Fake it ‘Til You Make it,” Springfield – who plays all the guitar and keyboard parts on the album – pushes everything out front, especially the vocals. It’s probably the only song on the record worth skipping, but still not bad.That isn’t the case for “The Cure for Loneliness,” a fun pop dance groove lined with horns and some of that plastic soul that nevertheless works (if you’re in a club with a lot of neon lights). There are more synths on “Invisible World,” which is upbeat and well-constructed. “Make Your Move” is the requisite weepy piano ballad that has some lovely harmonies and generally works. “In Case of Fire Break Glass” is just well-built in a glossy way.Keyboard-driven “Did I Just Say That Out Loud” shows Springfields’s poppy drama voice at its best. He sounds pop-inspired on “Sometimes I Will Fly,” with lots of energy and sincerity. “Neutron Star” goes back to rocking a bit and, again, launches the hook quickly, even if it’s just some “whoa whoa whoas.” The very ’80s “Feed Your Soul” is song 19 and Springfield still isn’t sucking wind.Album closer “We Are Eternal” is fitting, uplifting and well done. Like most of the record. Rick Springfield is not only still going, but making good new music and a lot of it. Not many musicians of his generation can say the same.

Line Up:

Rick Springfield - vocals, guitar

Tracklist:

01. Exit Wound
02. She Walks With The Angels
03. Come Said The Girl
04. Automatic
05. Broke House
06. This Town
07. When God Forgets My Name
08. Heroes
09. Love Ain't Cool (Sha Do Wup)
10. Works For Me
11. Fake It Til You Make It
12. The Cure For Loneliness
13. Invisible World
14. Make Your Move
15. In Case Of Fire Break Glass
16. Did I Just Say That Out Loud
17. Someday I Will Fly
18. Neutron Star
19. Feed Your Soul
20. We Are Eternal

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Návrat na "HARD Rock, MELODIC Rock, AOR, BLUES Rock, GLAM & SLEAZE Rock"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 3 neregistrovaní