Lou Gramm (USA)

Hard Rock, Melodic Rock , AOR , Blues Rock , Glam & Sleaze Rock , West Coast , Christian Rock
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Lou Gramm (USA)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 12 Apr 2016, 15:43

Lou Gramm - Long Hard Look (1989) (Rock Candy Remastered 2013)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1989 (Rock Candy Remastered) (2013)
Style : Melodic Hard Rock , Melodic Rock , AOR
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans + Video
Size : 138 mb

Bio:

Lou Gramm (born Louis Andrew Grammatico; May 2, 1950) is an American rock vocalist and songwriter best known for being the original lead vocalist and co-writer of many of the songs for the rock band Foreigner. He also had a successful solo career. Gramm was the vocalist for many top-40 hits including "Cold as Ice", "Waiting for a Girl Like You", "I Want to Know What Love Is", "I Don't Want to Live Without You" and his solo hit "Midnight Blue". In 2009, the Lou Gramm Band released their self-titled album of Christian rock.AS THE VOICE of Foreigner, Lou Gramm sung on a succession of hit singles, helping to position the band as one of the most important hard rock acts of the 1970s and 80s. Of course, it was the twin ballads ‘Waiting For A Girl Like You’ and ‘I Want To Know What Love Is’ which instantly elevated Gramm’s voice to worldwide recognition; a voice that was not only rich in vintage soul but also in emotion. From those hits on he was regarded as one of the world’s greatest vocalists and one likely to strike out on his own.Lou’s first solo album ‘Ready Or Not’ was a commendable affair and commercially successful enough to warrant a second release, in1989, with ‘Long Hard Look’. This time around, however, the record company looked to slightly contemporise his sound by bringing in producer Peter Wolf, who had worked with both cutting edge pop acts (Wang Chung) and traditional melodic rock bands (Heart, Starship). The results were spectacular, Gramm crafting an album of concise and precise melodic rock that took as much from Foreigner as it did from traditional blues based singers.Mostly surrounding himself with expected names, including former Black Sheep bassist Bruce Turgon, guitarist Nils Lofgren and his brother Ben Gramm on drums, the surprising addition was former Dio guitarist Vivian Campbell whom, alongside Gramm and Turgon, would later go on to form the highly regarded Shadow King.Special Deluxe Collector’s Edition, fully remastered sound shaped from 24 BIT digital technology, 16 page full colour booklet, 3,500 word essay, enhanced artwork, rare photos and new interview with Lou Gramm.

Album:

LOU GRAMM has one of the most unique and remarkably memorable voices, not only as frontman of the multi platinum selling US melodic rock gods Foreigner, but also as a solo artist as this remastered reissue by Rock Candy Records of his second solo release "Long Hard Look" highlights.It was the fall of 1989 - one year after Foreigner made solid work on Inside Information, when Lou Gramm made another great solo album following Ready Or Not. This "Long Hard Look", in my opinion, is the better of the two solo efforts.The record scored two successful Billboard singles such as "True Blue Love" and "Just Between You And Me", but all the tracks were potential hits.The album impressively jolts in with "Angel With A Dirty Face", which as commercial as it comes, could have been a killer single as well.Helped in the songwriting by talented Bruce Turgon (who also play bass and did backing vocals), we find gems such as "Hanging On My Hip", "Broken Dreams", "Warmest Rising Sun" or "I'll Know When It's Over".It's that renowned vocal though that draws the listener in and won't let go; upon listening to this album you kinda get transfixed into that golden late '80s period when this genre was a global success and ruled the radio.Lots of melodic keyboard lines are complemented by fine guitar licks with the likes of Dann Huff and Vivian Campbell adding their own unique touches to the equation.Few singers could touch Lou Gramm in his prime; "Long Hard Look" has the hard edge and hot vocal that was such a contribution to Foreigner. It also shows a maturation of style and interpretation that put him in the company of very few as far as quality of performance and breadth of talent.Excellent remaster by Rock Candy.

Line-Up:

Lead Vocals: Lou Gramm
Guitars: Vivian Campbell, Dann Huff, Nils Lofgren, Peter Maunu, Bruce Turgon
Drums, Percussion: Benny Gramm, Lou Gramm
Bass: Pino Palladino, Bruce Turgon
Keyboards: Gary Corbett, Peter Wolf
Backing Vocals: Ina Wolf, Darryl Phinnessee, Phillip Ingram, Merry Clayton, Robin Clark, Maxi Anderson

Tracklist:

01. Angel With A Dirty Face
02. Just Between You And Me
03. Broken Dreams
04. True Blue Love
05. I'll Come Running
06. Hangin' On My Hip
07. Warmest Rising Sun
08. Day One
09. I'll Know When It's Over
10. Tin Soldier

+ Videos "Just Between You And Me" (Official Videos)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Re: Lou Gramm (USA)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 06 Jún 2021, 09:40

Lou Gramm & Foreigner - Lou Gramm & Foreigner (2018)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2018
Audio : 320 kbps + front
Size : 138 mb

Bio:

Lou Gramm (born Louis Andrew Grammatico; May 2, 1950) is an American rock vocalist and songwriter best known for being the original lead vocalist and co-writer of many of the songs for the rock band Foreigner. He also had a successful solo career. Gramm was the vocalist for many top-40 hits including "Cold as Ice", "Waiting for a Girl Like You", "I Want to Know What Love Is", "I Don't Want to Live Without You" and his solo hit "Midnight Blue". In 2009, the Lou Gramm Band released their self-titled album of Christian rock.AS THE VOICE of Foreigner, Lou Gramm sung on a succession of hit singles, helping to position the band as one of the most important hard rock acts of the 1970s and 80s. Of course, it was the twin ballads ‘Waiting For A Girl Like You’ and ‘I Want To Know What Love Is’ which instantly elevated Gramm’s voice to worldwide recognition; a voice that was not only rich in vintage soul but also in emotion. From those hits on he was regarded as one of the world’s greatest vocalists and one likely to strike out on his own.Lou’s first solo album ‘Ready Or Not’ was a commendable affair and commercially successful enough to warrant a second release, in1989, with ‘Long Hard Look’. This time around, however, the record company looked to slightly contemporise his sound by bringing in producer Peter Wolf, who had worked with both cutting edge pop acts (Wang Chung) and traditional melodic rock bands (Heart, Starship). The results were spectacular, Gramm crafting an album of concise and precise melodic rock that took as much from Foreigner as it did from traditional blues based singers.Mostly surrounding himself with expected names, including former Black Sheep bassist Bruce Turgon, guitarist Nils Lofgren and his brother Ben Gramm on drums, the surprising addition was former Dio guitarist Vivian Campbell whom, alongside Gramm and Turgon, would later go on to form the highly regarded Shadow King.Special Deluxe Collector’s Edition, fully remastered sound shaped from 24 BIT digital technology, 16 page full colour booklet, 3,500 word essay, enhanced artwork, rare photos and new interview with Lou Gramm.

Album:

Amazing compilation from Lou Gramm and Foreigner.

Line-Up:

+

Foreigner

Tracklist:

01. How Do You Tell Someone
02. Society's Child
03. I Wish Today Was Yesterday
04. My Baby
05. Headin' Home
06. Watch You Walk Away
07. Won't Somebody Take Her Home
08. Don't You Know Me My Friend
09. Better Know Your Heart
10. I Can't Make It Alone
11. That Was Yesterday (Live) - Foreigner
12. Hot Blooded (Live) - Foreigner
13. Cold as Ice (Live) - Foreigner

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 06 Jún 2021, 09:41

Lou Gramm - My Baby (Compilation) (2015)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2015
Style : Melodic Rock, Glam Metal, Christian Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + front + Videos
Size : 160 mb

Bio:

Lou Gramm (born Louis Andrew Grammatico; May 2, 1950) is an American rock vocalist and songwriter best known for being the original lead vocalist and co-writer of many of the songs for the rock band Foreigner. He also had a successful solo career. Gramm was the vocalist for many top-40 hits including "Cold as Ice", "Waiting for a Girl Like You", "I Want to Know What Love Is", "I Don't Want to Live Without You" and his solo hit "Midnight Blue". In 2009, the Lou Gramm Band released a self-titled Christian rock album.Gramm was born in Rochester, New York, the son of Nikki (Masetta), a singer, and Bennie Grammatico, a band leader and trumpeter.He attended Gates-Chili High School in Rochester, graduating with the class of 1968. He is also an alumnus of Monroe Community College in Rochester.Gramm began his musical career in his mid-teens playing in local Rochester bands, including St. James Infirmary (later The Infirmary), and PHFFT. He later sang harmony vocals in another local band, Poor Heart. Gramm then went on to sing, play drums and eventually become front man for the band Black Sheep. Black Sheep had the distinction of being the first American band signed to the Chrysalis label, which released their first single, "Stick Around" (1973). Black Sheep played in nightclubs in Rochester and Buffalo, New York, including McVan's, formerly at Niagara Street and Hertel Avenue. Soon after this initial bit of success, Black Sheep signed with Capitol Records, releasing two albums in succession [Black Sheep (1974) and Encouraging Words (1975)]. They were the opening act for KISS when an icy accident with their equipment truck on the New York State Thruway suddenly ended the band's tour on Christmas Eve, 1975. Unable to support its albums with live performances, Black Sheep disbanded.A year earlier, Lou Gramm had the opportunity to meet his future bandmate Mick Jones. Jones was in Rochester performing with the band Spooky Tooth, and Gramm had given Jones a copy of Black Sheep's first album (S/T). It was early in 1976, not long after Black Sheep's truck accident, when Jones, in search of a lead vocalist for a new band he was assembling, expressed his interest in Gramm and invited him to audition for the job of lead singer.Gramm traveled to New York to audition and got the job. Lou Grammatico then became Lou Gramm, and, with the band initially known as "Trigger," and later renamed Foreigner, became one of the most successful rock vocalists of the late 1970s and 1980s. Circus magazine in 1978 upon release of "Hot Blooded" commented that Gramm had a voice that Robert Plant might envy. His unique vocals have made Foreigner one of Billboard's Top 100 Artists of All Time in hit songs history.Gramm was the lead vocalist on all of Foreigner's hit songs, including "Feels Like the First Time", "Cold as Ice", "Long, Long Way from Home", "Hot Blooded", "Double Vision", "Blue Morning, Blue Day", "Head Games", "Dirty White Boy", "Urgent", "Juke Box Hero", "Break It Up" and "Say You Will". He co-wrote most of the songs for the band, which achieved two of its biggest hits with the ballads "Waiting for a Girl Like You", which spent ten weeks at #2 on the 1981-82 American Hot 100, and "I Want to Know What Love Is", which was a #1 hit internationally (US & UK) in 1985. Their first eight singles cracked the Billboard Top 20, making them the first group since the Beatles to achieve this.Gramm and Mick Jones had a volatile sort of chemistry that exploded into many a chart-topper, yet at times they clashed artistically. Following the band's second album, the successful Double Vision, shifts in personnel began to take place. Following their next album, Head Games, Gramm and Jones jointly decided to reduce the band's line up from six to four members. The next album, which Gramm has called the high point of his work with Foreigner, was aptly titled 4. Gramm wanted the band to remain true to its purer rock origins, favoring music with a solid drum and guitar structure, whereas Jones embraced the 1980s style of synthesizer ballads — a more lucrative approach at the time. The next album, Agent Provocateur, found Jones moving creatively in the opposite direction from Gramm, seeking out potential co-producers such as Trevor Horn, and then Alex Sadkin.Along with Jones, Gramm was inducted to the Songwriters Hall of Fame on June 13, 2013. He is currently on tour of America.

Line Up:

Lou Gramm - Vocals , guitars (Ex-Foreigner)

Tracklist:

01. Won’t Somebody Take Her Home (3:30)
02. Don’t You Know Me My Friend (2:47)
03. Better Know Your Heart (3:35)
04. I Can’t Make It Alone (5:20)
05. How Do You Tell Someone (3:44)
06. Society’s Child (4:33)
07. I Wish Today Was Yesterday (4:09)
08. My Baby (3:25)
09. Headin’ Home (3:32)
10. Watch You Walk Away (7:47)

+ Video "True Blue Love" (Official Music Video) (HQ)
+ Video "Just Between You And Me" (Official Music Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 15 Apr 2024, 12:39

Lou Gramm - Questions And Answers: The Atlantic Anthology 1987-1989 (3CD) (2021)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1987-1989 (HNE Recordings Ltd 2021)
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 361 mb

Bio:

Album:

Hear No Evil / Cherry Red Records are releasing a LOU GRAMM 3-CD career spanning titled “Questions & Answers ; Atlantic Anthology 1987-1989“, including his two solo albums for Atlantic, plus a third collectible disc which gathers together some of his Atlantic-era rarities, including two versions of ‘Lost In The Shadows (The Lost Boys)’ from the aforementioned soundtrack.‘Ready Or Not’ bonuses is represented by a “Rock Remix”, an “Extended Dance Remix” and an “Instrumental Remix” (all must have for ’80s fans). Hit single ‘Midnight Blue’ was issued in various formats, including a very collectible transparent blue 12 inch single, which featured an “Extended Remix” of the track.A single edit of ‘True Blue Love’ has been selected from “Long Hard Look”. To promote Lou’s 1987 debut, Atlantic Records released the very rare and highly collectible LP, “Questions And Answers”, a promotional album distributed to radio stations featuring Lou interviewed by Dan Neer as he discusses the genesis of the “Ready Or Not” record, and his career to date, in 1987.Lou Gramm had been recording with Rochester, New York based band, Black Sheep, since the early 1970s. Releasing two LPs for Capitol, Lou Gramm met his future bandmate and songwriting partner Mick Jones in 1975 when Black Sheep opened for Spooky Tooth in Rochester.Mick Jones was looking for a singer for his new band in 1976, and Black Sheep having split at the end of 1975, Lou was free to audition for Mick’s new group, Foreigner. Releasing their self-titled album on Atlantic Records in 1977, and featuring solid gold rock classics as ‘Cold As Ice’ and ‘Feels Like The First Time’, Foreigner were an instant worldwide smash.Going from strength to strength, the band hit a commercial peak in 1984 with the “Agent Provocateur” album and the chart topping power ballad, ‘I Want To Know What Love Is’.Perhaps choosing to return to a simpler melodic rock format, Lou Gramm released his debut solo album, “Ready Or Not”, in 1987. Produced by Pat Moran with Lou, it featured the hits ‘Midnight Blue’ and ‘Ready Or Not’ among a collection of songs that wouldn’t have sounded out of place on a Foreigner record.Having come from a very musical family, “Ready Or Not” is very much a family affair, featuring contributions from Lou’s brother Ben Jr. on drums and his father Ben Sr. on trumpet.The core of the band was Lou’s former Black Sheep bassist Bruce Turgon, who make a significant songwriting contribution to the album, plus guitar hero Nils Logfren.Lou also found time in 1987 to record a track for the soundtrack of teen horror flick, “The Lost Boys”.Returning to Foreigner for 1987’s “Inside Information”, Lou released his second solo album “Long Hard Look” in 1989. Capitalising on the success of his debut, it was produced by Peter Wolf (famed for his production and arrangement work for Frank Zappa, Heart & Kenny Loggins), “Long Hard Look” built on the foundations set by Lou’s debut.‘Just Between You And Me’ was another huge smash, making No.6 in the U.S. Hot 100, followed by the single ‘True Blue Love’. The album concludes with a cover of the Small Faces’ ‘Tin Soldier’.”This is a complete Lou Gramm ’80s solo-career release, not only including his 2 very good full albums, but collectible material impossible to find until now.

Line-Up:

Guitars: Vivian Campbell, Dann Huff, Nils Lofgren, Peter Maunu, Bruce Turgon
Drums, Percussion: Benny Gramm, Lou Gramm
Bass: Pino Palladino, Bruce Turgon
Keyboards: Gary Corbett, Peter Wolf
Backing Vocals: Ina Wolf, Darryl Phinnessee, Phillip Ingram, Merry Clayton, Robin Clark, Maxi Anderson

Tracklist:

CD1: Ready Or Not (1987)

01. Ready or Not
02. Heartache
03. Midnight Blue
04. Time
05. If I Don’t Have You
06. She’s Got to Know
07. Arrow Thru Your Heart
08. Until I Make You Mine
09. Chain of Love
10. Lover Come Back

CD2: Long Hard Look (1989)

01. Angel with a Dirty Face
02. Just Between You and Me
03. Broken Dreams
04. True Blue Love
05. I’ll Come Running
06. Hangin’ On My Hip
07. Warmest Rising Sun
08. Day One
09. I’ll Know When It’s Over
10. Tin Soldier

CD3: Single Versions ⁄ Questions And Answers (1987-89)

01. Lost In the Shadows (From “The Lost Boys”) [Vocal / Radio Edit]
02. Lost In the Shadows (From “The Lost Boys”)
03. Ready or Not (Rock Remix)
04. Ready or Not (Extended Dance Mix)
05. Ready or Not (Instrumental Remix)
06. Midnight Blue (Extended Mix)
07. True Blue Love (Edit) [Radio Edit]
08. Questions and Answers (Promo Interview)

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Návrat na "HARD Rock, MELODIC Rock, AOR, BLUES Rock, GLAM & SLEAZE Rock"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 22 neregistrovaných