Project Roenwolfe - Edge Of Saturn (2021)

hudební novinky 2021 / music news 2021
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Project Roenwolfe - Edge Of Saturn (2021)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 12 Máj 2021, 10:59

Project: Roenwolfe - Edge Of Saturn (2021)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2021
Style : Power Metal , Thrash Metal
Audio : 320 kbps + front
Size : 160 mb

Bio:

Formed in 2011, debut in 2013, disband in 2016, and reformed in 2019. Combining the thrash attack of bands such as Heathen, Artillery, and Toxik with the progressive vocals and stylings of Arch-Era Fates Warning, Savatage, and Sanctuary, P:RW is set to release their long overdue second album "EDGE OF SATURN" in 2021. Featuring current and ex members of Judicator, Theocracy, and Soulmass.

Album:

I’ve been fortunately blessed with just the right type of thrash that hits my musical g-spot recently. Sure, thrash bands can bark and shout to great effect – but it’s incredibly refreshing to hear a melodic vocalist in this genre; it gives bands of the new wave like Desecrator and Septagon a flairy edge over the others. Now, I wouldn’t dare lump Project: Roenwolfe in with the acts that are commonly associated with the term ‘new wave thrash’. This is a far cry from Municipal Waste or Gama Bomb. Project: Roenwolfe is thinking-man’s thrash metal, more in line with late-80s Heathen or Forbidden, with plenty of progressive elements to counteract the direct savagery they’re capable of. It’s been a solid 8 years since we last heard from the American duo, mainly due to the busy-ness of mainman Tony Cordisco. But since his departure from power metallers Judicator last year, he’s had more time to concentrate his efforts on an angrier and more focused beast. I certainly hope Edge Of Saturn heralds the beginning of a frequent release schedule, because this is one impressive and addictive record.Kicking off with a bit of ambience and spoken word which errs just the right side of cheesy, Edge Of Saturn is an admirable thrill-ride which isn’t content to just batter you with relentless speed or bore you with a million acoustic intros a la The New Order. The balance between ‘breakneck’ and ‘measured’ is finely executed, resulting in some climactic mid-paced moments, as well as moments of pure velocity which feel truly earned. “Song Of Kali” could not kick off proceedings in stronger fashion. It summarizes the whole LP in a concise way whilst leaving room for some virtuosic flamboyance. It goes without saying that Tony’s soloing throughout the album is en pointe, but I’m only glossing over that because I want to focus more words on the riffs. Edge Of Saturn is riff central. They can be heavy as hell, like the stomping intro to the title-track; they can be angular and interesting, like the 0:41 mark in “Promethium”; or they can be airy and vague like the opening to “Aeternum Vale”.If you’re used to Tony’s work with Judicator, you’ll recognize his type of riffing immediately, and the first moments of “Aeternum Vale” utterly reek of his signature style. However, mic-wielder extraordinaire Patrick Parris is also on fire here. The combination of pounding riffage and dramatic cries of ‘AND ALL WILL PASS! INTO THE NIGHT!’ make the album’s closing moments irresistibly spine-tingling. I do love it when a record ‘starts’ and ‘ends’ properly. However, the meat in the middle is beefy indeed, with enough variety to satisfy any sort of thrash metal fan. The crawling menace of “Starbound Butcher Of My Dreams” (what a title!) contrasts wonderfully with the ultra-catchy “Something More” or the neck-breaking “Of Mice & Straw Men”. Many of these more up-beat numbers like “Of Mice…” and especially “Mastermind Manipulators” take my brain right to European thrashers like Eruption. I realize the constant comparisons do PRW an injustice. Truth be told, the dynamic duo definitely have their own sound carved into the genre, and it’s one you want to keep coming back to.I’m always surprised by how emotionally involved I get during Edge Of Saturn. Even though some of the structures have a tendency to become self-indulgent (if you have the attention span of a squirrel, that is), there is always an emotional gut-punch to latch onto and become really invested in. The Frankensteinian tragedy of “Promethium” has Parris pulling out one of his most anguished performances, and “Song Of Kali” is a pretty pissed off tune to say the least. Laden with misanthropy yet sprinkled with notes of hope, Edge Of Saturn is progressively-tinged thrash metal with grandiose scope, clever melodies that never settle for simplicity, and fantastic artwork that reminds me, rather eerily, of The Dreamstone. This is going to be a difficult one to beat in thrash circles, primarily because I foresee nothing quite like this being released for the rest of 2021. Most importantly, it’s a beacon of intelligent light in a metal community full of troglodyte wankers.

Line Up:

Alicia Cordisco - Guitars (rhythm), Bass, Drum programming (2011-2015), Guitars (2016-present) - See also: ex-Apophenia, ex-Atresia, ex-Grimaced, ex-Sedulity, ex-Tony C, ex-Xoteric, ex-Bubonic Wrath, ex-Judicator, ex-Vermiform
Patrick Hoyt Parris - Vocals (2011-present) - See also: ex-Theocracy
Aaron Sluss - Bass (2014-present) - See also: Graveview, Soulmass, Yngwie Malmsteen, ex-Vermiform, ex-Seven Kingdoms
Ernie Topran - Drums (2019-present) - See also: Theocracy, ex-Halcyon Way, ex-Xeroderma

Tracklist:

01. Song Of Kali
02. Something More
03. Promethium
04. Edge Of Saturn
05. Mastermind Manipulators
06. Starbound Butcher Of My Dreams
07. Of Mice & Straw Men
08. Aeternum Vale
09. The Dreaming God

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2021 / NEWS 2021"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 4 neregistrovaní