Firehouse (USA)

Hard Rock, Melodic Rock , AOR , Blues Rock , Glam & Sleaze Rock , West Coast , Christian Rock
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Firehouse (USA)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 05 Jún 2017, 06:59

Firehouse - Firehouse (1990) (Japan Remastered Edition 2016)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1990 (Japan Remastered Edition 2016)
Style : Melodic Hard Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans + Videos
Size : 157 mb

Bio:

FireHouse is an American hard rock band formed in Charlotte, North Carolina, in 1989.The band reached stardom during the early 1990s with hit singles like "Reach For The Sky" and "All She Wrote", as well as their signature power ballads "I Live My Life for You", "Love of a Lifetime", "When I Look Into Your Eyes" and "Don't Treat Me Bad". At the 1992 American Music Awards, FireHouse won the award for Favorite Heavy Metal/Hard Rock New Artist. They were chosen over Nirvana and Alice in Chains.As the 1990s progressed, the band remained very popular in Asia, mainly in countries like Japan, Thailand, India, Malaysia, Philippines, Indonesia, and Singapore. They also maintained popularity in South America and Europe.FireHouse continued to release new material throughout the late 1990s and into the early 2000s, most of which has successfully charted in Japan. The band has also continued to tour internationally as of 2007, having participated twice in the annual Rock Never Stops Tour with other bands of the 1980s. FireHouse is estimated to have sold over 7 million albums worldwide since their debut.Originally composed of vocalist C. J. Snare, guitarist Bill Leverty, drummer Michael Foster, and bassist Perry Richardson, the band has maintained its original members with the exception of Richardson, who departed in 2000. Richardson was replaced three times before current bassist Allen McKenzie was given the position in 2004.

Album:

So here we go with the awesome self-titled debut (which in Japan appeared with different artwork) plus 4 extras.Firehouse’s recipe wasn’t complicated: typical late '80s hard rock stylistically similar to Bon Jovi or Winger, with fluffed up looks but far from the over-the-top makeup usage of Poison or Mötley Crüe. All in all, a slightly rugged, but still heart-throbbish hair metal band.In short, not overtly glammy, yet with plenty of commercial appeal.However, a few surprises were contained within the full-length itself. The first and most blatant of them was lead singer C.J. Snare. His vocal register is unique and instantly recognizable, helping Firehouse a clear-cut identity they may not have had otherwise. He also has some clear chops, as he is unafraid to show at the beginning of 'Overnight Sensation' or the end of 'Oughta Be a Law'.Guitarist Bill Leverty adds to this advantage, being somewhat more prone to shredding than others in his genre. At times, his 'techy' solos flirt with melodic “virtuoso” metal, but his solid, pounding riffs ground the band within the realm of midtempo hard rock.As noted, the overall sound is not dissimilar from that of other bands from the period; however, the songwriting quality is undeniably high, to the point where there is hardly a weak song among these 13 tracks.However, there is no denying that this is the kind of album where the standouts jump at you and grab you by the throat. In this case, there are five of them, and each will ingrain itself in your head within the first couple of listens.The first one appears right at the outset of the album, with the fabulous 'Rock On The Radio'. From the weird-ass tribal beginning (props for not calling it an Intro) right through to the huge chorus and stomping rhythm, this is one heck of a rock’n’roll track sure to blow the roof off of any room it is played in.Matching it blow by blow is our requisite power ballad, 'Love Of a Lifetime'. To call this track awesome would be an understatement; it is, purely and simply, one of the best hard rock ballads I have ever heard. Leverty’s solo is understated and elegant, and Snare has a genuinely rousing performance, all backed by a solid slow beat.Rounding up the power trio of songs is 'Shake And Tumble'. Stylistically very similar to Rock On The Radio, this track is just as infectious, and even though it doesn’t feature much by way of lyrics, it’s still absolutely irresistible. Try not to fist-pump along to this song; if you manage, you’re a better man then me.The fourth standout for me, and the “odd-man-out” of the group, is 'Lovers’ Lane'. With its boogie-riffic rhythm and spewed-out words from Snare, it’s an instantly catchy song that proves Firehouse fare well in a slightly faster rhythm, too.Oh, and there's 'All She Wrote', the 'melodic rock' track on the record and one of the best from the era.Firehouse delivered an immensely pleasurable debut opus, which launched a deservedly respectable career which lasts to this day. They may never have lived up to the strength of this album, but they staked their claim as one of the greatest bands in the later period of glamourized hard rock – which is far from a bad achievement for a band debuting in 1990.The band won the American Music Award for Best New Hard Rock/Heavy Metal Band, Metal Edge Magazine's Best New Band, Young Guitar Magazine's Best Newcomer, and Music Life Magazine's reader's pop poll Best Newcomer of the Year.This first album sold over two million copies in the United States only, and was certified double platinum by the RIAA."Firehouse" was one of the best albums appeared in 1990, and that was a superb year in terms of releases. This Japanese remaster sounds million bucks and you have 4 excellent bonus tracks.

Line-Up:

C.J. Snare - lead vocals, keyboards
Bill Leverty - guitars, backing vocals
Perry Richardson - bass, backing vocals
Michael Foster - drums, percussion, backing vocals

Tracklist:

01 - Rock On The Radio
02 - All She Wrote
03 - Shake & Tumble
04 - Don't Treat Me Bad
05 - Oughta Be A Law
06 - Lover's Lane
07 - Home Is Where The Heart Is
08 - Don't Walk Away
09 - Seasons Of Change
10 - Overnight Sensation
11 - Love Of A Lifetime
12 - Helpless
13 - Overnight Sensation (Live) (Japan Bonus Track)
14 - All She Wrote (Live) (Japan Bonus Track)
15 - Home Is Where the Heart Is (Live) (Japan Bonus Track)
16 - Don't Walk Away (Live) (Japan Bonus Track)

+ Video "Love Of A Lifetime" (Official Video)
+ Video "All She Wrote (Live)" (Official Video)
+ Video "Don't Treat Me Bad" (Official Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Re: Firehouse (USA)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 05 Jún 2017, 12:47

Firehouse - 3 (1995) (Japan Remastered Edition 2016)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1995 (Japan Remastered Edition 2016)

Bio:

FireHouse is an American hard rock band formed in Charlotte, North Carolina, in 1989.The band reached stardom during the early 1990s with hit singles like "Reach For The Sky" and "All She Wrote", as well as their signature power ballads "I Live My Life for You", "Love of a Lifetime", "When I Look Into Your Eyes" and "Don't Treat Me Bad". At the 1992 American Music Awards, FireHouse won the award for Favorite Heavy Metal/Hard Rock New Artist. They were chosen over Nirvana and Alice in Chains.As the 1990s progressed, the band remained very popular in Asia, mainly in countries like Japan, Thailand, India, Malaysia, Philippines, Indonesia, and Singapore. They also maintained popularity in South America and Europe.FireHouse continued to release new material throughout the late 1990s and into the early 2000s, most of which has successfully charted in Japan. The band has also continued to tour internationally as of 2007, having participated twice in the annual Rock Never Stops Tour with other bands of the 1980s. FireHouse is estimated to have sold over 7 million albums worldwide since their debut.Originally composed of vocalist C. J. Snare, guitarist Bill Leverty, drummer Michael Foster, and bassist Perry Richardson, the band has maintained its original members with the exception of Richardson, who departed in 2000. Richardson was replaced three times before current bassist Allen McKenzie was given the position in 2004.

Album:

Following the presentation of the first three FIREHOUSE albums remastered in its last Japanese Edition including bonus tracks, here it is "3", the lovely Firehouse third record including as extra the really hard to find tunes 'Christmas With You' and the hit 'I Live My Life For You (More Acoustic)'.Firehouse are one band that no one can say was a ‘sellout’ band. They have stuck to their musical guns despite the changing landscape of hard rock in the early '90s. Having said that, “3” was a slight departure from the pure party rock sound of the first two studio albums, but only in terms of sound. In the bones, these are the same '80s melodic hard rock kind of tunes just a with a different skin.Yes, these are more acoustic driven songs, but that was a logical move.The glammy hard rock sound was out of the radio in 1995, but there was some kind of 'unplugged' fever, with several acoustic albums from classic artists / bands selling very well.Take as example Tesla's Five Man Acoustical Jam, and Kiss were recording the MTV Unplugged at the same time Firehouse released this "3".So basically, on "3" Firehouse remain faithful to their melodic hard recipe, yet more stripped down and adding acoustics to the mix.To craft this type of sound, my favorite producer was called by the band: Mr. Ron Nevison, who provided a pristine, uber-polished patina.The album starts off with a few hard rock songs with a strong rhythm sense to them. 'Somethin’ bout Your Body' in particular has a bit of a bump and grind feel to it. I can imagine the excellent pair of 'Love Is a Dangerous Thing' and 'Try To Make A Living' wrapped by a 1989 production sound with big electric guitars, but here, according to times, are mostly acoustically (yet strongly) driven.Had any of these songs been released in 1988 and all would have become MTV / rock radio hits. 'Here For You' is one of those sticky sweet, acoustic ballads that sold millions years before. If this song hasn’t been used for someone’s wedding song, I’d be surprised. 'No One At All' is a similar acoustic guitar driven semi-ballad, but more lively and a really love the bridge-chorus.'Temptation' has a funky hard rock vibe to it, while album closer 'I Live My Life For You' is yet another acoustic guitar ballad that provided to Firehouse a unexpected Top 40 hit, in many countries reaching the #1 in the charts.This Japanese remastered reissue is excellent, including the much sought after 'I Live My Life For You' purely acoustic version (no percussion), the Japan-only single 'Christmas With You', and a rare live version of 'Reach For The Sky' recorded in Japan 23 Sept. 1995.I love Firehouse "3", from its songwriting to the polished melodious production.

Line-Up:

C.J. Snare lead vocals
Bill Leverty guitars, vocals
Perry Richardson bass, vocals
Michael Foster drums, percussion, vocals

Tracklist:

01. Love is a Dangerous Thing
02. What's Wrong
03. Somethin' 'bout Your Body
04. Trying to Make a Living
05. Here for You
06. Get a Life
07. Two Sides
08. No One at All
09. Temptation
10. I Live My Life For You
11. I Live My Life For You (More Acoustic) (Japan Bonus Track)
12. Reach For The Sky (Live in Japan) (Japan Bonus Track)
13. Christmas With You (Japan Bonus Track)

+ Video "I Live My Life For You" (Official Video)
+ Video "Here for You" (Official Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 19 Jún 2017, 11:45

Firehouse - Hold Your Fire (1992) (Japan Remastered Edition 2008)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1992 (Japan Remastered Edition 2008)

Bio:

Album:

And here's the last of the first three FIREHOUSE albums remastered in its last Japanese Edition including bonus tracks, the band's second effort "Hold Your Fire".FireHouse's "Hold Your Fire" sports *The Sound* that defined the Melodic Hard Rock genre between 1990-92. And coupled with truly awesome songs.Again produced by master David Prater, the sophomore release from the North Carolina band has an overall heavier sound than the band's debut, although it still retains the melody and hooks of their sound.In fact, there's not such heaviness, but more edgy guitars. Around the time, acts such as Damn Yankees, Aerosmith or soon Hardline added this characteristic to their Melodic Hard Rock recipe, and FireHouse embraced it for "Hold Your Fire".The hooks are even bigger than before, and you have absolute belters here such as title track 'Hold Your Fire' (my favorite) where the band skillfully combine strong guitar riffs mixing distorted & clean tones with acoustics resulting in a terrific aural experience.I also love the stratospheric 'Reach For The Sky' and its killer chorus, then the harder edge on the guitars can be heard on the excellent 'Rock You Tonight', 'Mama Didn't Raise No Fool', and 'You're Too Bad'.I really like as well the hairy melodic rocker 'Sleeping With You', the elaborated midtempo 'Hold The Dream' and the #3 chart-topping power ballad 'When I Look Into Your Eyes'.This Japanese remastered edition includes two juicy bonus tracks: 'Shake & Tumble' and 'Don't Treat Me Bad' from the first album both recorded live in Lafayette at the Cajun Dome 1991. It seems FireHouse was 'on fire' that night. Great versions captured very raw.None Melodic Hard Rock collection is complete without FireHouse's "Hold Your Fire", and this Japanese remastered edition is the one to treasure. It sounds awe-so-me.I love this album.

Line-Up:

C.J. Snare - lead & backing vocals, keyboards
Michael Foster - drums, percussion

Tracklist:

01. Reach for the Sky
02. Rock You Tonight
03. Sleeping with You
04. You're Too Bad
05. When I Look Into Your Eyes
06. Get in Touch
07. Hold Your Fire
08. The Meaning of Love
09. Talk of the Town
10. Life in the Real World
11. Mama Didn't Raise no Fool
12. Hold the Dream
13. Shake & Tumble (Live) (Japan Bonus Track)
14. Don't Treat Me Bad (Live) (Japan Bonus Track)

+ Video "Reach For The Sky" (Official Video)
+ Video "Sleeping With You" (Official Video)

+ Video "When I Look Into Your Eyes" (Official Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 04 Jún 2018, 12:25

Firehouse - Firehouse (1990) (2CD) (Bad Reputation Remastered Edition 2017)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1990 (Bad Reputation Remastered Edition 2017)
Audio : 320 kbps + scans + Videos

Bio:

Album:

French reissue label Bad Reputation has been doing a great job releasing 'Collector Series / Remastered with Bonus', with the main attraction being, on most releases, the addition of a bonus disc, making these reissues the 'definitive expanded versions'. In a Rock Candy Records fashion, these are official remasters in arrangement with the original recording companies.In the case of this recent FIREHOUSE first album reissue, we have "FireHouse 2-CD remaster + 8 bonus tracks".This should be the definitive "FireHouse" expanded release, including two bonus tracks in 'Sleeping With You [Acoustic Version]', and the band's classic 'Love Of A Lifetime [Extremely Acoustic Version]', which is not the version appeared in the band's album Good Acoustics but the rare promotional CDsingle.Additionally, there's a bonus disc including 6 terrific live recordings, some of them appeared in the Japanese reissue of the album, some not.Needless to say "FireHouse" is a must have in your melodic rock collection.You probably already got a copy of this killer 1990 album, however this "FireHouse 2-CD remaster + 8 bonus tracks" is the definitive, most complete version available, the one to treasure.

Line-Up:

C.J. Snare - lead vocals, keyboards
Michael Foster - drums, percussion, backing vocals

Tracklist:

CD1: FireHouse Remastered + 2

01. Rock On The Radio
02. All She Wrote
03..Shake & Tumble
04. Don't Treat Me Bad
05. Oughta Be A Law
06. Lover's Lane
07. Home Is Where The Heart Is
08. Don't Walk Away
09. Seasons Of Change
10. Overnight Sensation
11. Love Of A Lifetime
12. Helpless
13. Love Of A Lifetime [Extremely Acoustic Version] (Bonus Track)
14. Sleeping With You [Acoustic Version] (Bonus Track)

CD2: Bonus Disc

01. Shake & Tumble [Live]
02. Don't Treat Me Bad [Live]
03. Overnight Sensation [Live]
04. All She Wrote [Live]
05. Home Is Where The Heart Is [Live]
06. Don't Walk Away [Live]

+ Video "Love Of A Lifetime" (Official Video)
+ Video "All She Wrote (Live)" (Official Video)
+ Video "Don't Treat Me Bad" (Official Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Návrat na "HARD Rock, MELODIC Rock, AOR, BLUES Rock, GLAM & SLEAZE Rock"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 16 neregistrovaných