Rex Smith (USA)

Hard Rock, Melodic Rock , AOR , Blues Rock , Glam & Sleaze Rock , West Coast , Christian Rock
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Rex Smith (USA)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 18 Jún 2018, 08:20

Rex Smith - Where Do We Go From Here? (1977)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1977
Style : Hard Rock , Classic Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + scans
Size : 110 mb

Bio:

Rex Smith (born September 19, 1955, Jacksonville, Florida) is an American actor and singer.Smith made his acting debut in the Broadway play Grease in 1978. He is noted for his role as Jesse Mach in the 1985 television series Street Hawk, as well as being the first actor to play the Marvel Comics superhero Daredevil in live action as well, also being a singer and stage actor. During the late 1970s, Smith was popular as a teen idol. He was featured regularly in 16 Magazine and Tiger Beat. He also had a gold Top 10 single, "You Take My Breath Away" in 1979.In the early 1970s, Smith was the lead singer for a band from Athens, Georgia named Phaedra. Smith next sang vocals in a hard rock band called Rex.In 1979, he had a hit single from the television movie Sooner or Later, entitled "You Take My Breath Away", which reached No. 10 on the Billboard Hot 100.It is on the platinum-selling album Sooner or Later, which is also named for the movie. The music for this song was written by Stephen J. Lawrence and the lyrics were written by Bruce Hart. For many years, it was a staple on the play lists of FM radio stations with a soft rock or "lite" format.In 1981, Smith hit the top 40 again with a remake of "Everlasting Love", in a duet with singer Rachel Sweet. Peaking at No. 32, the song is Smith's last charting hit to date. The song also became Smith's only hit on the UK Singles Chart, peaking at No. 35.Smith performed live at the 1982 Miss Universe pageant main event night, held in Lima, Peru.His latest album was released in 2000 and entitled Simply...Rex. It was re-released in 2006 and re-titled You Take My Breath Away.

Album:

CD reissue of this 1977 album from the teen idol/heart throb/actor/singer who had a Top 10 hit with the song 'You Take My Breath Away' in 1979 and also scored a hit with 'Everlasting Love', a duet with Rachel Sweet.The debut is a bit heavier and has some classics like Trouble, Dead End Kids, and 10 Seconds To Love. But I think WDWGFH? is better overall. For those "not in the know", Rex is the younger brother of Michael Lee Smith who was the vocalist for an underrated 70s band called Starz! As one reviewer for the debut mentioned, the first two Rex albums were not just solo albums for Rex but featured a solid band including ex-Hydra bassist Orville Davis. I like almost all of the songs on this album, especially rockers "7 Come 11" & "Stealin The Night Away", and the ballad "Chains Around My Heart". But I think the title track is the standout cut. It's just a great well written song. Rex sure had a strong set of pipes. Get the first two Rex albums and pick up Violation and Coliseum Rock by Starz while you're at it.

Line Up:

Rex Smith vocals
Lars Hanson guitar, keyboards, backing vocals
Lou Vandora guitar, slide guitar, backing vocals
Orville Davis bass
Mike Ratti drums, percussion

Tracklist:

01. Where Do We Go from Here
02. Do Me
03. Burn Your Bridges
04. 7 Come 11
05. You're Never Too Old to Rock 'n' Roll
06. Chains on My Heart
07. Stealin' the Night Away
08. You Don't Want Love
09. Running Wild

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "HARD Rock, MELODIC Rock, AOR, BLUES Rock, GLAM & SLEAZE Rock"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 19 neregistrovaných