Treat - Organized Crime (1989) (Japan Edition 1990)

hudební novinky 1990 / music news 1990
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 06 Mar 2020, 14:26

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1989 (Japan Edition 1990)
Style : Melodic Hard Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans + Video
Size : 123 mb

Bio:

Treat is a melodic heavy metal band from Stockholm, Sweden. In the second half of the 1980s they had national as well as international successes with songs like "Get You on the Run", "World of Promises", "Party All Over" and the classic "Ready for the Taking".They played at rock festivals like Monsters of Rock in 1988 in Germany. They were also the opening act for Queen in Sweden in 1986 and opened for W.A.S.P. during their first Swedish tour.In 2005, they made a comeback and released the collection Weapons of choice 1984-2006 on March 19, which included the previously unreleased track "Still in Heaven" along with the two new songs "Go!" and "Burn for You". Their first reunion show was in front of 4000 people at the Sweden Rock Festival on June 10, 2006.They were signed to the labels Mercury, Vertigo and now Universal.The song "Roar" from the album Coup de Grace is the main theme of the Facebook app game "Monster Galaxy" and also played significantly on the GOM Star League Starcraft tournament.In late 1990, the band replaced Ernlund with current Candlemass singer Mats Levén, who had previously sung with the band Swedish Erotica and recorded their last album of the 1990s. The self-titled album Treat was released in 1992 and again failed to gain any success for the band and led to the band's break-up on the 26th of March 1993.In 2005 a compilation album was released called Weapons of Choice, which sold surprisingly well around the world and led to the band reforming with the 1989 line-up plus Nalle Påhlsson on bass. The band then signed a deal with Universal and played at the Sweden Rock Festival on June 10, 2006. On March 19, 2010 the band released their reunion album Coup de Grace which was a great success for the band and has led to them touring the world for the first time since the 1980s. The album received positive reviews from the press.In July 2014, Treat played the Väsby Rock festival in Upplands Väsby, Sweden.

Album:

Treat are an absolutely fantastic melodic rock band from Sweden that should have ruled the airwaves back in the 80s/early 90's. I'm really at a loss as to why they never achieved any success, but hey, at least we can still enjoy them with their great albums."Organized Crime" was released in 1989, and was the last Treat album to feature front-man Robert Ernlund. This may also be my favorite Treat record as well. The songs are a little heavier than previous Treat releases, but they make sure they keep that Euro styled harmony in the mix. While not every song is hit worthy, most of this album is pretty awesome to listen to. Songs like "Ready for the Taking," "Party All Over," "Keep Your Hands to Yourself," and "Get You On The Run" are all catchy as sin, and make this pretty close to must-have for melodic rock fans.This band played and toured during the 80's and they have sadly like so many others disappeared from the musical scene. But the music still lives , and I do not exaggerate when I state that this is your opportunity to purchase a interesting and enjoyable piece of hardrock history.The most correct description of Treat would require that you compare them to Europe. ( Europe was one of the most celebrated " soft " hardrock bands that ever was heard on the european charts during the eighties. Their all time classic " Final countdown " will probably ring a bell when you hear it - even if you do not know the artists behind it ) For those of you who are familiar with Europe ; well , Treat plays and performes in the same vein as their fellow countrymen. Well structured and smooth melodies underlined with terrific vocals - although with a little more bass in the voice. The lyrics are very versatile even if a few of them ( to my disliking ) are nothing but plain love-themes.OK - you may be asking yourself : " should I spend money on a Europe-clone ? " My answer would be ; Treat definitely stands on it's own merits. If you compare the song quality from this album with , for instance, Europes " Final Countdown " or " Wings of tomorrow " there is an interesting difference ! Europes typical album contains 2-4 really smoking songs , while the remaining material is more sort of average and just fill up the other half of the albums. Treat on the other side do not really have any SUPER song on the album - but instead almost EVERY single tune is VERY GOOD with great catchiness and some really pleasant melodies. If you put down your money on a whole album I think this is the best choice , while on the other side many of Europes best songs can be purchased in the shape of maxi-CD:s or "best-of-compilations". Organized Crime is without any significant exception a very delightful album and it is hard for me to pick or suggest any particular " nuggets " , but if you can test listen to this great CD I would suggest that you try " Conspiracy " which is my choice number one when I let people enjoy softer music at garden partys etc. Another song that always gets the attention from listerers is the emotional " home is where your heart is ". Great music from a great decade. Even if my main choices when buying CD:s today lies within the realms of power-and speedmetal I must confess that those guys back in the 80's certainly knew their trade when it came to songwriting. Without hesitation I recommend you to buy this CD if you have the slightest interest in serious and talented hardrock following the northeuropean tradition.This is a safe chance !

Line Up:

Jamie Borger- drums, backing vocals
Anders Wikstrom - lead guitars, backing vocals
Robert Ernlund - lead vocals
Joe Larson - bass, backing vocals
Patrick Appelgren - keyboards, backing vocals

Tracklist:

01. Ready for the Taking
02. Party All Over
03. Keep Your Hands to Yourself
04. Stay Away
05. Conspiracy
06. Mr. Heartache
07. Gimme One More Night
08. Get You On the Run
09. Home is Where Your Heart Is
10. Fatal Smile
11. Hunger

+ Video "Party All Over" (Official Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 1990 / NEWS 1990"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 4 neregistrovaní