Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1988
Style : Glam Sleaze Rock, Hard Rock, Hair Metal
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 155 mb

Bio:

Concrete Jungle was the name of a New York City-based band that released their only full length record in 1988.The independently produced, 12-track recording was released in the twilight of the glam and hair metal era of rock, and featured 12 tracks (one of them a cover of Jerry Lee Lewis' "Great Balls of Fire").Produced by Max Norman, Roger Probert and Dan Muro, the album received rave reviews from KERRANG! magazine in early 1989, which propelled Wear and Tear to number 3 on the import charts in the UK. Max Norman was hired to assist in the studio, based on the band's reverence of the work he had done with Ozzy Osbourne during the early stages of Ozzy's solo career which featured Randy Rhoads on guitar.The quartet consisted of J.C. Ryan on vocals, Chris Young on guitar, and the brother tandem of Marc David (Gambino) on bass and Michael X (Gambino) on drums. Young and the Gambino brothers had spent years together in the previous version of the band (then called "Sacrifice"). It wasn't until right before the album was released that the band decided to change its name to be more descriptive of the area from which they originated.The band broke up in 1991, after an unsuccessful attempt to reach a deal with interested American major labels. It is believed that the price tag set by ICBM to let them leave their deal with the independent was too high.Michael Gambino and JC Ryan went on to form "Hip Joint Chamber", hard rock band, which never released an album. Other members of the band included Robert Cuevas on bass and Tony Roina on lead guitar. Tony Roina plays in a band call "Boot Pie". Robert Cuevas went on to sing in NYC based "Hells Kitchen" then went off alone as a singer songwriter. Hip Joint Chamber had much interest but singer JC Ryan disappeared. Chris Young attempted several reincarnations of Concrete Jungle before forming "Lukabrazi". Marc Gambino joined forces with cousin Lou Corio on drums in a band called "Saving Grace", which released a 3-song, self titled EP and then later renamed itself "Highway Jones" (which also released a full length, self-titled disk with Marc on bass two years after he left the band). Marc later joined a band called "maybe pete", which released a full-length record in 2005 called "Between the City and the Stratosphere". He currently plays in "Kimon & The Prophets".

Album:

This cd totally rocks.....the vocals are really good. I particularly like the cover song--Great Balls of Fire. Ithink of of the album's highlights is the ballad....How can Love just Fade away.' Awesome ballad. This album should've been big. With production by Max Norman, you would think so.These guys popped out a surprisingly high quality indie record at a time when I'd spend hours scouring through the cd racks. Remember when you could buy a cd and be happy based on a cover? I'll admit I bought this based on the legs and the hair more than anything else. I recently saw this one go for almost 200 bucks on Ebay. I have it and wouldn't pay more than 20 for it. If you can find it the first half is definitely better than the second and the cover of Great Balls of Fire is just bad.Album produced by Max Norman, who is famous for producing the first 2 Ozzy albums (with Randy Rhoads).

Line Up:

J.C. Ryan - Lead Vocals
Chris Young - All Guitars, Backing Vocals
Marc David - Bass, Backing Vocals
Michael X - Drums

Bart Fasbender - Additional Backing Vocals
Max Norman - Additional Backing Vocals
Dan Muro - Keyboards

Produced by Dan Muro, Max Norman, Roger Probert

Tracklist:

01. Right On The Line Of Love
02. How Can Love Just Fade Away
03. Nobody Moves
04. When I'm Gone
05. Wear And Tear
06. Great Balls Of Fire
07. Ladies Of The Night
08. Sweet Missy
09. Between The Lines
10. Cuts Like A Knife
11. Head Over Fist
12. One Nighter

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 1988 / NEWS 1988"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 1 neregistrovaný