Biloxi - Checkmate...The Game´s Over (1989) (Japan Edition 1994)

hudební novinky 1994 / music news 1994
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 11 Jan 2023, 14:55

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1989 (Japan Edition 1994)
Style : Melodic Hard Rock , AOR
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 62 mb

Bio:

Biloxi was formed in 1989 in Los Angeles, California by founding member/vocalist Clyde Holly. The band went through several member changes until 1992 when "Let The Games Begin" was recorded. Biloxi signed to Zero Records in Japan in 1993 which charted the band with a top ten CD in the Asian market.The band also signed an import deal with a small independent label called X-treme Records out of Copenhagen, Denmark which garnered the band a #1 "Import of the Year" in Europe. Biloxi received rave reviews in such magazines as Metal Edge, Metalized, BURRN, and received a "5 out of 5 Stars" rating from KERRANG!With the untimely death of Biloxi's guitarist, the former lineup disbanded and Clyde Holly relocated to his hometown and the band's namesake. Opening HollyHouse Recording Studio, Clyde produced bands from the local/regional area and eventually produced drummer Rob Gronkoski and his band Slump.After several years of doing mostly studio production, Clyde and Rob found themselves working together in the Rebecca Allen Band which eventually led to the reformation of Biloxi. The band has been working on writing and recording since the new millennium and has now finished the new CD entitled "Right The Music". With the onslaught of grunge and heavy rock, Biloxi has held strong to their melodic rock roots encompassing thick harmonies, hook laden guitar riffs, and a powerful drum style that's second to none. Clyde Holly's vocal style has not changed much since "L.T.G.B." with the exception of a more bluesey feel.Joined by keyboardist Stefan Prescott, who's style is similar to Jordan Rudess, and lead Guitarist , Mark Lanoue, Biloxi was able to mold their style into a more technical and heavier approach for the third CD, which is currently being recorded for a SUMMER 2007 release.After the untimely death of Clyde, the remaining members decided to continue with finishing and releasing BILOXI III in honor of their friend. Clyde left us two GEMS with his vocals on it and Mark has taken over the lead vocals including a tribute to Clyde, which is a song from the "Check Mate" bootleg. The release will be named "In the Wake of The Storm", in rememberance of huricane Katrina.

Album:

Bootleg/unofficial release, intended to appear as a Japanese issue on Zero Corporation.This release is not part of the label's catalog, nor was it ever released by them, or any label in Japan.Another amazing melodic tracks from Biloxi !!Very RARE album.BILOXI was a short-lived melodic hard rock band from the city of the same name in Mississippi, not exactly the Rock capital for this kind of music. Anyway, commanded by talented singer and bass player Clyde Holly (RIP), the group made some impact in the L.A. area during the last agonizing months of the genre (before the grunge ruined all) with their debut 'Let The Games Begin' in 1993.But Clyde & Co. started to work together in the second half of the '80s and managed to record a professional demo in 1989.The good sales of 'Let The Games Begin' attracted Japanese label Zero Corp Records (EMI-Toshiba) to sign Biloxi and release in Asia not only the album, but also the earlier '89 six-track recording, entitled "Checkmate... The Game's Over".Although their full length debut is a really good melodic hard rock album with some pomp overtones, I largely prefer this "Checkmate... The Game's Over", because it owns the real US Melodic Rock / AOR sound and style from the second half of the eighties.Somehow Biloxi reminds me here US wonders White Sister, perhaps because Clyde Holly's vocal timbre recalling Dennis Churchill. There's also some Firehouse touches in few melodies, but what steals the show are their AOR delivery in tunes like the wonderful "Listen To Your Heart". A gem if you ask me.Despite being demos, as said, all the tracks in "Checkmate... The Game's Over" were professionally recorded, but Zero Corp Records transferred the tapes without any remastering.Well, I did mine.I have enhanced the overall sound, attenuated the hiss, and properly (for a home studio) mastered the chunks. I doubt you'll find a better version of "Checkmate... The Game's Over" out there.This is pure '80s stuff, very recommended indeed.

Line Up:

Clyde Holly - Bass, Lead Vocals (R.I.P. 2006)
Pat McNulty - Guitar, Vocals
Rich Symons - Guitar, Vocals, Blues Harp
Douglas R. Docker - Keyboards, Vocals - see also: The Chronomaster Project
Billy Orrico - Drums, Vocals

Production:

Produced, Engineered, Mixed and Arranged by Clyde Holly and Biloxi
Recorded at B.E.M.S. Studios South El Monte, California
Additional Recording & Mixing at Fictitious Recorders Maui, Hawaii
Digitally Mastered by John Modell at Ocean View Digital, West Los Angeles, California
Cover Art - Glen Design, Edison, NJ
Photography - Ray Torian

Tracklist:

01 Someone To Love You 3:46
02 Listen To Your Heart 5:00
03 One In A Million 3:30
04 I'll Meet You On The Other Side 4:31
05 Love Prevails 5:30
06 Out On The Streets Again 3:59

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 1994 / NEWS 1994"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 1 neregistrovaný