1st Avenue - Daily Battle (Japan Edition) (1994)

hudební novinky 1994 / music news 1994
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 01 Máj 2020, 10:56

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1994 (Japan Edition)
Style : Melodic Hard Rock , AOR
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 99 mb

Bio:

For the history of this Dutch AOR band, we have to go back to the year 1987. Keyboard player Robert Kempe (later known as Robby Valentine) had just left the band Line and decided to start an AOR project. Looking for a suitable vocalist, he sent a tape with some of his new songs to Peter Struijk (aka Peter Strykes), who gained the necessary experience in bands like Horizon, Vandenberg and Avalon. Having had a difficult time behind him, Struijk wasn’t that keen to join Kempe at first, but the quality of the material won him over. From then on, things went pretty quick for 1st Avenue, with guitarist Gil Lopez, bass player Arko Bommer and drummer Nop Ton rounding off the line-up. There was a great chemistry between Kempe and Struijk and in a period of only three months, over twenty songs were written.A second try-out (in January 1988) was of overriding importance for the new band. Producer Okkie Huysdens was among those present and suggested to record three songs for Rob & Ferdi Bolland. Being highly successful musicians themselves, the Bolland brothers were also known as producers and music publishers. With their help, 1st Avenue was able to sign a deal for two albums with the Indisc label shortly after.But … things went probably a bit too quick for the two leading men. According to Peter Struijk (who I interviewed in September 1992), Robert Kempe wanted to rule the roost too much, which ultimately led to his dismissal in the mid of 1988. A little later he was replaced by Joby Bosboom (k).Once that line-up problem was solved, a long period of writing, recording and selecting material for the debut platter started. After four years of doctoring, the debut album “Tears And Triumph” was finally ready for release in April 1992. Featuring the singles “Heaven In Your Arms” and “Once In A Million Years” (two excellent ballads), the album oozed quality with great vocals and huge keyboards.A second album, “Daily Battle”, followed in 1994 and although it was another great album, it would become 1st Avenue’s swan song.

Album:

Regarded by many as the best AOR / Melodic Rock band ever coming out from Netherlands, 1st AVENUE music include all the elements which made this genre so lovable: loads of keyboards, melodious guitars and catchy choruses. “Daily Battle” is their 2nd and final album, and this Japanese edition is the best sounding ever appeared.1st Avenue first album was pretty successful all over Europe among fans of the genre, and got a lot of airplay leading the band to tour heavily.With a new keyboard player, the band recorded this “Daily Battle” in two weeks with Okkie Huysdens (The President) producing. Opener ‘Feel Love’ is a pure slice of Melodic Rock / AOR bombast as heard on the band’s first album.They opted for a ballad as second track, ‘I Still Believe In You’, however since track 3 ‘Ready For You’ the band rock harder.‘Over And Done (Between Us)’ combines powerful guitar attack with great melodic keys, and easily is one of the best 1st Avenue songs ever. ‘Maybe Tomorrow’ follows, a midtempo AOR ballad, however follower ‘Time After Time’ is driven by sharp guitar riffs, pumping bass lines and soaring vocals.‘Don’t Disappear On Me’ rocks in a TNT similar vein (great tune), while ‘Call Me’, although melodic all over, is much more elaborated, showcasing the band’s dexterity.Sadly the last album by 1st Avenue, “Daily Battle” is just another great Melodic Rock / AOR album from the final days of golden era of the genre This Japanese edition is the best sounding of all available (now out of print), pressed in a time when Asian CD manufacturing was far superior.

Line Up:

Peter Strykes - Vocals, Backing Vocals
Nop Ton - Drums
Arko Bommer - Bass Guitar
Gil Lopez - Guitars
Chris Allister - Keyboards

Tracklist:

01. Feel Love 04:38
02. I Still Believe In You 04:43
03. Ready For You 03:46
04. Over And Done 03:27
05. Maybe Tomorrow Never Comes 04:23
06. Time After Time 04:49
07. Don't Disappear On Me 05:38
08. Can't Talk My Heart Away 05:25
09. Call Me 04:56
10. A Party 03:33

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 1994 / NEWS 1994"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 3 neregistrovaní