Nouveaux - And This Is How I Feel (1996)

hudební novinky 1996 / music news 1996
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 09 Apr 2020, 09:45

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1996
Style : Melodic Hard Rock , Christian Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 138 mb

Bio:

Back in the early 80's, Sheffield, England's very own Def Leppard exploded onto the music scene taking the world by storm with their high octane Arena Rock sound. With such an over the top sound, it wasn't long before other bands followed suit as Nouveaux quickly took to the stage. Nouveaux was the christian answer to Def Leppard- one of the Biggest Rock Band that the World has ever seen. With that said, Nouveaux isn't the first christian band to align themselves with the arrangements and sounds of secular artists. We have seen the same with such bands as Whitecross who sound similar to the band Ratt and then there's X-sinner who sounded a lot like the world famous Australian band AC/DC. Also, there's Oklahoma City Thrashers-Eternal Decision who sound similar to the band Metalica. However, by no means is Nouveaux an exact copy of said band because they also bring to the table some of their own original arrangements as well.Nouveaux is an Arena Rock band from Nashville, TN who formed back in 1994 by Guitarist-Steve Ashley and Bassist-Kurt Lehman. Nouveaux is a derivative of the french word Nouveau which means something that's 'new' to someone. It wasn't long before Steve & Kurt added Vocalist/Keyboardist-Paul Alan to the group to make it a 3-piece band. With the addition of frontman Paul Alan, the band started playing gigs for the Breakout Drug Education Program at High Schools in the southern Michigan area. While performing these High School shows the band started building a fan base which moved them to start writing songs and putting together some new arrangements. This soon landed them a record deal in 1994 with Benson Records of Nashville,TN.Nouveaux has shared the stage with many great artists including: Micheal Sweet (Stryper), East To West (Jay DeMarcus of Rascal Flatts), Newsboys, Jars of Clay, Audio Adrenaline and many more...The band toured for about 6 years making stops all over the United States, Canada, and Singapore. Nouveaux had two #1 singles on CCM Radio along with 4 top 10 singles on CCM as well.In 1994, Nouveaux released their full-length debut album simply titled 'Beginnings'. This release finds the band in top form with Massive hooks and powerful choruses. With this release, we can see that the group has move from a 3-piece band to a 5-piece fully outfitted power house. Members include Vocalist-Paul Alan,​Lead Guitarist-KC Smothers, Guitarist-Steve Ashley, Bassist-Kurt Lehman, and Drummer-​Jeff Ausdamore.Vocalist Paul Alan's delivery quickly draws comparisons to well known Vocalist Joe Elliott(Def Leppard) with plenty of grit and an ability to reach higher ranges. Also, you will find that the harmonies between the lead and backing vocals will draw strong comparisons to that of the aforementioned band as well. The harmonies throughout this project are one of the highlights on this release.Guitars are managed by KC Smothers & co-founder Steve Ashley and are in keeping with the 80's era guitar shredn' styles with driving riffs, uplifting accompaniment, general noodling, and bluesy style play.Our percussion team is comprised of Bassist-Kurt Lehman & Drummer-Jeff Ausdamore who both add a strong punch to the mix. Jeff's kit work is in keeping with the 80's era drum styles as he rocks the house.In 1996 the band released their followup sophomore full-length album titled 'And This Is How I Feel'. This release finds the band going in more of a mellow adult contemporary direction featuring acoustic guitars. It's also worth noting that in 1997 KC Smothers left the band to join the well known Metal band Whitecross. As found on the band's facebook page: "There have been a lot of people wondering if the band will ever reunite and record another CD. The answer is a resounding no but you will hear some new music from me (Steve Ashley) sometime this year....I co wrote and was largely responsible for the music for the songs: Through Heaven's Fields, If Only, Maybe Tomorrow, Wonder, Never See The Day, We Believe, All That Glitters. I saw in an article somewhere that Paul Alan took credit for penning If Only but that is not the case. That song was birthed on the front porch at my mom and dad's house in the fall by the lake while I was noodling on my acoustic guitar. Paul and I co wrote almost everything we recorded. Some reasons to why the band want reunite are that Jeff moved to Texas, Kurt lives in Grand Rapids, MI... Paul Alan has no interest in doing music anymore because he was burned by the Christian music industry in a lot of ways. It is still a passion of mine and I may end up doing some stuff with KC Smothers again. We shall see...." Looking for more hard hitting music to add to your collection then one should consider what Nouveaux has offered up. What you have before you is, without doubt, a solid debut release to be had and played loud. If you are like me and can't get enough of that 80's era Arena Rock sound and are into bands like Idle Cure, Shout, or Def Leppard then you are in for a feast and are going to love Nouveaux. Procure your copy of the band's debut release 'Beginnings' and begin reliving the nostalgia of the golden years of Rock'n Roll.

Album:

This second, and final, Nouveaux album is a drop down from Beginnings, but it still has flavor. There's nothing worse than a band producing the same ol thing every time out. Def Leppard was hurt by Adrenalize cause they didn't change with the times. Since then, Leppard has changed their sound, but it hasn't quite caught on, even though I love it. Anyways, it's a shame that Nouveaux didn't last. I would have loved to hear a thrid album. But at least we have some quality stuff that will last. "...And This is how I Feel" is the name of the CD and apparently how this Christian rock was feeling at the time was quite mellow. Gone are the bombastic, over-the-top, Def Leppard-esque tunes of their debut, replaced by acoustic guitars and a chilled vibe. You'll find yourself puzzledly asking, "Is this really the same band that recorded 'Beginnings'?" You have to wonder how the band expected to keep their fans happy with this lightweight, coffeehouse-approved drivel that makes Richard Marx sound like heavy metal. I couldn't get rid of this fast enough when I first picked it up, and my opinion hasn't improved over the years. And this is how I feel: very disappointed.

Line Up:

Paul Alan - Lead Vocals, Piano
Kurt Lehman - Bass, Vocals
Jeff Ausdemore - Drums, Percussion, Vocals
K.C. Smothers - Guitar, Vocals
Steve Ashley - Lead Vocals, Guitar

Additional Musicians:

John Elefante - Keyboards
George Pirelli - Drums
Glenn Pearce - Guitar

Produced by John And Dino Elefante
Recorded at The Sound Kitchen Franklin, TN, The Snack Bar, Brentwood, TN & Battery Studio, Nashville, TN

Tracklist:

01. Nice
02. Maybe Tomorrow
03. Simply Beautiful
04. Never See the Day
05. You Breathe
06. If Only...
07. Larisa
08. Listen
09. Through Heaven's Fields
10. I'll Cry Too
11. Wonder
12. Chasing Shadows

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 1996 / NEWS 1996"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 9 neregistrovaných