Heartland - As It Comes (Japan Edition) (2000)

hudební novinky 2000 / music news 2000
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 03 Mar 2021, 19:30

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2000 (Japan Edition)
Style : Melodic Hard Rock , AOR
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 129 mb

Bio:

Fronted by lead vocalist Chris Ousey, between 1991 and 2011 British AOR / Melodic Rockers HEARTLAND released a total of eleven albums, but for the fans as well as for the critics, the best of the bunch is still their self-titled debut, originally released by A&M Records in 1991. HEARTLAND is a AOR band formed by former VIRGINIA WOLF vocalist Chris Ousey.HEARTLAND's debut was released in March of 1991 on A&M however by this time the popularity of the AOR / Melodic Rock scene was on the wane. A second album was released in 1995 through German label Long Island, which was ostensibly a collection of demo recordings.Escape Music, signed HEARTLAND up for a third album, 'III', issued in 1996. This album saw former EXPORT and IAN GILLAN guitarist Steve Morris joining Chris Ousey as the core of the band, with a fourth album, 'Bridge Of Fools', quickly emerging soon after the third.Following Steve Morris working with 'Dream Catcher' with IAN GILLAN & Chis Ousey working on side project THE DISTANCE with guitarist/song writer/producer Kenny "Kaos" Loney, the band release 1998 album 'Miracles By Design'.In 1999, the band released the album 'When Angels Call' as a thank you to their many fans old and new alike. The album was a collection of HEARTLAND classic's, new material and tracks from pre-HEARTLAND Project VIRGINIA WOLF, all delivered in an intimate acoustic style. In addition the 'Wide Open' album was re-issued during this year, as the original CD was no longer availble due to the demise of German label Long Island.The 2001 release 'As It Comes' saw a HEARTLAND line up of Ousey, Morris, bass player Tim Hewitts, keyboard player Steve Millington and drummer Steve Gibson.HEARTLAND completed the next album in late 2004 for an early 2005 release 'Move On' through Escape Music. Contributing guests included bassist Mathias Gregersen, the GRAND ILLUSION pairing of Peter Sundell and Per Svensson on backing vocals with the MERCYFUL FATE and FORCE OF EVIL credited Bjarne T. Holm on drums.HEARTLAND announced a fresh album for Escape Music in September 2007 entitled 'Mind Your Head' which is the bands tenth album.

Album:

As It Comes is album number 6 for Heartland and once that sort of catalogue is established, it is hard to distinguish the material amongst all the other albums before it and also hard for a band to record something new to sound original and excite fans.Fortunately Heartland do a little of both, with several songs that retain the sound we know and love and pleasing long time fans, while also throwing in a few new tricks to break the flow of the album up and hopefully reach a few new fans.As a result, As It Comes is probably the best album the guys have recorded since their softer AOR debut.The main thing I can report from this album is the songs have more life to them and remain more memorable.Having said that, the only thing the guys can do to improve now, is work on their choruses. Heartland remain a band that rely on intricate and changing melodies contained in the whole song, rather than a killer chorus that sticks in your head endlessly.Opening track Starring Down The Gun has more punch than just about any other Heartland number I can think of. It suits the guys and Ousey sounds great. The more intense drumming makes an effect and the chorus, while it comes and goes very quickly is effective.Eyes Open Wide is classic Heartland at their best. A fast tempoed, but moody AOR rocker that contains a smoldering vocal and a verse layered with several guitar and vocal melodies.This is the sort of track I could always hear more of.She Blows Me Away and Willing To Fly are both good moody rock tracks, musically in the vein of the band's first album, but with the production of their recent style.Love Resurrection is another more guitar dominated track like the opening number.Whatever Gets You Through The Night is one of those new tricks I was talking about. This is possibly the darkest track the guys have ever recorded, with plenty of atmosphere and a tough chorus where the vocal takes a back seat to the guitar and musical layers. A good track.On The Run Away, Steve Morris plays some tasty guitar and Chris Ousey does some of his best Eric Martin vocals. Another classic style Heartland track.You Make Me Smile also harks back the softer AOR style of the debut with some great smooth vocals and some great pure keyboard AOR hooks. A pretty ballad.Conquer All finishes the album with some urgency - a fast moving pop rocker with a memorable chorus and more great vocals.BOTTOM LINE: A few tracks stand out as classic AOR numbers, but put the whole album together and it adds up to possibly the best Heartland album to date. At the very least it is the band's most musically diverse, even when they don't stray from the formula of past albums too much. It still leaves a positive feeling and a regard that the band are still capable of being creative and making good AOR records after several years on the job.It's also great to see an AOR band establish a real track record. Like fellow UK rockers Ten, I expect Heartland to be round for several years to come.

Line-Up:

Chris Ousey - vocals (Ex-Monroe, Ex-VIRGINIA WOLF, Snakecharmer)
Steve Morris guitars, keyboards
Steve Gibson drums
Tim Hewitt bass
Steve Millington keyboards

Tracklist:

01. Staring Down the Gun
02. Eyes Open Wide
03. She Blows Me Away
04. Willing to Fly
05. Love Resurrection
06. Too Good to Be True
07. Whatever Gets You Through the Night
08. One Love
09. Live to Fight Another Day
10. The Runaway
11. You Make Me Smile
12. To Conquer All
13. Too Good To Be True (Guitar Version) (Japan Bonus Track)

Please my link you can´t spread further and don´t upload to other hostings!!!

Obrázok

Remember! if You like the release, buy the original CD. Support the artists!

All download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Please when You buy a premium account, You can support our work, You can do parallel downloads with unlimited speed and never waiting.
Please click and buy some account only through icons below: (when You not see icons below stop AdBlock and AdBlock plus in Google chrome)

Cuando usted compra una cuenta premium, Usted puede apoyar nuestro trabajo, usted puede hacer descargas paralelas con velocidad ilimitada y nunca espera.
Por favor, haga clic y comprar de cuenta sólo a través de iconos por debajo: (si no ves el iconos siguiente parada AdBlock y AdBlock Plus en Google Chrome)

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2000 / NEWS 2000"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 4 neregistrovaní