Black Sabbath - The Best Of Black Sabbath (2CD) (2000)

hudební novinky 2000 / music news 2000
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 13 Dec 2020, 22:43

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2000
Style : Hard Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 125 mb

Bio:

Black Sabbath are generally considered both the first heavy metal and doom metal band. Originally they were called Polka Tulk (featuring a saxophonist and slide guitarist in their line-up) before changing to Earth, a name they had to change again because of confusion with another band of the same name. They may have also went by the name The Earth Blues Company in their pre-Black Sabbath days.Originally, they started as a blues-influenced hard rock group, but as they progressed they added more European folk elements to their sound, a sound that wasn't like any other group during their time. Thus, this was known as heavy metal, and in due time, the band became what is now known as doom metal. Their lyrics dealt with darker issues than most conventional rock as well.Accordingly, the "doom" genre name came from their "Paranoid" release, with the song called "Hand of Doom." Stoner metal is another sub-genre that is a direct descendant from this band.The "Mob Rules" line-up of Tony Iommi, Geezer Butler, Ronnie James Dio and Vinny Appice reunited in 2007. Rather than using the Black Sabbath name (as the original line-up is still officially in place), they were called Heaven and Hell, after the first Dio-era album. Three new tracks were recorded for a compilation album of Dio-era Sabbath material before they officially reformed under the Heaven and Hell name.On May 13th 2006, Black Sabbath were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, becoming arguably the first heavy metal band to receive that honor.On November 11, 2011, the original members of Black Sabbath officially announced that they would record a new album and tour again in 2012.On May 19th, 2012, Geezer Butler announced that Tommy Clufetos would be the drummer for the band at three live shows. Original drummer Bill Ward has issued a statement saying that he would not join the reunion because of an "un-signable contract".

Album:

This 2 CD compilation concentrates on the 'classic' Sabbath days, when Ozzy Osbourne was lead singer, though it contains a couple of notable post-Ozzy tracks such as "Heaven and Hell" and "Turn Up the Night". It also includes all the tracks you'd expect from such a compilation; "Black Sabbath", "NIB", "War Pigs", "Paranoid", "Electric Funeral", "Sabbath Bloody Sabbath" and "Spiral Architect" all make an appearance.One year ago, I was a good Sabbath fan. However, the only album I had was Paranoid. Then, my brother gave me this compilation and because of that I am a even BIGGER Sabbath fan now.The compilation focuses mainly on the Ozzy-era: in fact, only three songs of it don't feature Ozzy Osbourne as the vocalist.On one hand, I recognize that that was the best Sabbath era. But on the other hand, I think that a compilation must contain songs of the other periods of the band, so that you can have a better vision of how the band improved over the years. Why not throw in a few Tony Martin songs? Or more Dio ones? The lack of variety is, indeed, my biggest complaint about this album.On the first disc, we have a good collection of the best songs of their first three albums. From the revolutionary Black Sabbath to the complex War Pigs, from the mellow Planet Caravan to the heavy Into the Void - everything is there.In the second disc, we have 13 songs of the other Ozzy-era albums, 2 of the Dio-era and 1 of the (short) Ian Gillan-era. However, the selection of songs isn't very good - in my opinion, a Sabbath compilation MUST contain Sabbra Cadabra and National Acrobat! Where are those two classics?However, Dirty Women deserves a special mention as it is one of the most underrated Sabbath songs ever and finally is featured on one of their compilations! Yay!So, if you need an introduction to Black Sabbath, buy/download this Best Of, you will get a pretty nice impression of the band (or, at least, an impression of its early days).Concluding, a solid compilation but with too many songs featuring Ozzy. Next time throw in some songs of the other Sabbath periods, ok?80 points- Some flaws here and there, but a good compilation.

Line-Up:

Geezer Butler Bass
Tony Iommi Guitars
Ozzy Osbourne Vocals (tracks 1.1-16, 2.1-13)
Bill Ward Drums (tracks 1.1-16, 2.1-14, 2.16)
Ronnie James Dio (R.I.P. 2010) Vocals (tracks 2.14, 2.15)
Vinny Appice Drums (track 2.15)
Ian Gillan Vocals (track 2.16)

Tracklist:

CD1:

01. Black Sabbath
02. The Wizard
03. NIB
04. Evil Woman (Don't Play Your Games With Me)
05. Wicked World
06. War Pigs
07. Paranoid
08. Planet Caravan
09. Iron Man
10. Electric Funeral
11. Fairies Wear Boots
12. Sweet Leaf
13. Embryo
14. Children Of The Grave
15. Lord Of This World
16. Into The Void

CD2:

01. Tomorrow's Dream
02. Supernaut
03. Snowblind
04. Sabbath Bloody Sabbath
05. Killing Yourself To Live
06. Spiral Architect
07. Hole In The Sky
08. Don't Start (Too Late)
09. Symptom Of The Universe
10. Am I Going Insane (Radio)
11. Dirty Women
12. Never Say Die
13. Hard Road
14. Heaven and Hell
15. Turn Up The Night
16. The Dark — Zero The Hero

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2000 / NEWS 2000"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 3 neregistrovaní