Lost Horizon - A Flame To The Ground Beneath (Japan Edition) (2003)

hudební novinky 2003 / music news 2003
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 07 Sep 2023, 07:20

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2003 (Japan Edition)
Style : Melodic Power Metal
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 124 mb

Bio:

Metal band Lost Horizon took shape during the late '90s and early 2000s. A CD of demos landed the group -- featuring vocalist Daniel Heiman, drummer Christian Nyquist, guitarist Wojtek Lisicki, and bassist Martin Furängen -- on the Music for Nations label; their debut album, Awakening the World, was out by the end of May 2001. During the time between that album's release and the follow-up, 2003's A Flame to the Ground Beneath, Lost Horizon became a six-piece unit with the addition of two new members (keyboardist Attila Publik, guitarist Fredrik Olsson) -- or warriors, as they like to refer to themselves. They were able to sustain a major bus accident just weeks prior to the release of the album, and continued to tour in support of it.

Album:

This has to be my absolute favorite power metal record of all time. It used to be Helloween's "Keeper Of The Seven Keys I", but I had to admit eventually that these guys really did overtake their ancestors. At first, I didn't know what to make of this record, as it sounded a bit inaccessible. The long songs, the extremely high number of sections in one song, the synth, all of these things made it very difficult for me to get into it. Months later, I don't know how, or for what reason, this album came to my mind. I listened to it again, and I was just blown away. This album is unbelievable.With regards to the style, this is one hundred percent, solid, shining power metal. There are literally no other elements in the sound, no heavy metal nor speed metal characteristics. Just what we know as "power metal", and that only. Synth, mid-paced double-bass filled, tremolo picking sections that are very sophisticated and precise. All of the characteristics of the genre are encompassed by this album. Lost Horizon was going for a record that's very exclusive to this genre, and they did it magnificently.Moving on to the songs themselves... You will probably never repeat listening to an album this deep and precious ever again. All of the songs are very emotionally driven, and they are determined to find answers to the deepest questions you might have about yourself, life, the Universe, anything. While all of the songs are mid-paced and long, the record remains very intriguing and creative until the very last second. The melodies, such as the one in the chorus of "Lost In The Depths Of Me", or the one in "Cry Of A Restless Soul" are more uplifting and soothing than anything in human history. With the inclusion of the synth, they managed to write songs so atmospheric, so spiritually brightening, so epic sounding, that no other album can duplicate this experience.As far as technical abilities go, the band is not made of the most advanced musicians you've ever heard. The guitar work is the perfect definition of "excellent". These guys are very good, but not Katsu Ohtas or Yngwie J. Malmsteens. However, the guitarists of Lost Horizon have something those two guys don't have, and that is storytelling ability. That allows them to make up for their lacking technical skills, AND do a lot more than that. Their riffs and solos are just unrivaled in painting the most wonderful and blindingly beautiful melodies of power metal, and while they aren't the most technical, their abilities are more than sufficient to impress anyone who listens to metal.Vocalist Daniel Heiman is the most outstanding musician on here as far as musicianship goes. His performance to this day is essentially unrivaled in the genre. His cold, sharp voice remains crystal clear and unshakably stable during the highest-pitched sections, and deeper parts as well. And his range is more than impressive. Just check out "Highlander" at about 7:11. Enough said.Drummer Christian Nyqvist also puts on a hell of a show, providing some of the most complex, most sophisticated drumming you've ever heard in the genre. It's almost as if he had a different pattern for each and every single riff, and his fills are very tasteful and well-placed in the songs. He is highly skilled at using the double-pedal, and with his varying, creative usage of the cymbals, he helps to color the music even further. It is hard to imagine doing it any better than he did.This record is truly one of a kind. I'm not so strict about 100% ratings. In my mind, if a record manages to take me away and teleport me to another reality, I will give it a 100%. But if I was stricter, and I would only give one perfect score per genre, this album would get it in the power metal realm. There is nothing that would take the record any further, anything you would add or take away would ruin the record. It is the definition of perfection. The unique, philosophical, emotionally charged approach to power metal created these songs that are so deep, so amazingly liberating, so healing to your mental wounds, that there really is no price tag that would match the value of this masterpiece.

Line Up:

Ethereal Magnanimus - Vocals
Cosmic Antagonist - Bass (1999-present) - See also: ex-Luciferion, ex-Highlander
Transcendental Protagonist - Guitars (1999-2003, 2004-present), Keyboards (1999-2001) - See also: ex-Einhorn, ex-Luciferion, ex-Jaggernaut, ex-Against the Plagues, ex-Blast 2000, ex-Highlander
Equilibrian Epicurius - Guitars
Preternatural Transmogrifier - Drums (1999-present) - See also: ex-Highlander
Perspicacious Protector - Keyboards

Tracklist:

01. Transdimensional Revelation 02:14 instrumental
02. Pure 06:25
03. Lost in the Depths of Me 08:45
04. Again Will the Fire Burn 04:08
05. The Song of Earth 01:20 instrumental
06. Cry of a Restless Soul 08:22
07. Think Not Forever 05:58
08. Highlander (The One) 11:56
09. Deliverance 03:27 instrumental

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2003 / NEWS 2003"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 21 neregistrovaných