Swingin' Thing - Keep On Swingin' (Suncity Records Edition) (2005)

hudební novinky 2005 / music news 2005
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 09 Mar 2023, 11:08

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2005 (Suncity Records Edition)
Style : Sleaze Glam Hard Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + scans
Size : 170 mb

Bio:

Swingin' Thing is a Glam Rock band formed on the Sunset Strip in Hollywood, CA in 1987. The lineup consisted of Paul E. Bardot, Chris Penketh, Sunny Phillips, Henry Kelly, and Mike Penketh.Playing to sold out clubs every nite - the boyz became a cult phenomenon on the gritty streets of Hollywood. In 1991 they had a chance to hit it big when they signed a record contract with Monster Records (Japan), where they released a 5 Track EP and toured the country.One year later they signed a deal with Hollywood Records and Virgin Publishing as "The Things", but the deals fell apart with the invasion of Grunge Rock in the 90's. After being so close to the big time and playing a major role on the Sunset Strip scene, Paul decided to go his own way in 1995. Chris took over the vocals and the band changed their name to Faceplant, Soon after, Henry left the band and they decided to call it quits in 1996.In 2009, the band signed with Los Angeles record label Demon Doll Records and released three albums, 'The Black List', 'Desperate Living' and '5 & 5' and also released a DVD entitled 'Rediscovered'. They reformed to play 2 consecutive years in 2012 and 2013 with Blackboard Jungle at the Roxy in Hollywood at the BBJ Reunion Fest.

Album:

I seem to remember Swingin’ Thing as being a mediocre glam band, but there is nothing mediocre about this release. Either I had misjudged the band several years ago, or they matured in the time between their self-titled EP and shortening their name to The Things. This collection is comprised of the group’s unreleased second album Things That Swing and eight bonus tracks, for a whopping seventeen tunes in total.I was shocked at how much vocalist Paul E. Bardot sounds like Rhino Bucket‘s Georg Dolivo at times, while the rest of the band mixes the sleaze of Roxx Gang with the fun pop-metal of Warrant.Actually, fun seems to be the theme here. The killer opening track “Hazy, Lazy, Crazy Daze Of Summer” is the type of song that should be played while driving near the beach and ogling the beautiful women. It and “Coconut Cream” would have made great additions to B-grade 80s comedy movies like Summer School. Swingin’ Thing comes across like a group of surfer dudes, except that water would ruin their puffed-up hairstyles.Of course you know an album like this will have its share of ballads, some of which work and some that don’t. “Better Left Unsaid” is one that does work, while “Cowboy On The Run” falls a bit short.The bonus tracks find the band slightly drifting into punk territory, but songs like “Sugar Shock” and the Aerosmith leaning “Hey Kidd” are still well worth a listen. Meanwhile “Cat’s Got Your Tongue” is one of the best songs on the entire disc.Suncity Records has released another cool album here, with the usual professional booklets and artwork. If you missed Swingin’ Thing the first time around, or were like me and initially wrote them off, I suggest giving them another shot.

Line-Up:

Paul E. Bardot – vocals
Chris Penketh – guitars and vocals
Sunny Philips – guitars and vocals
Henry Kelly – bass
Michael Penketh – drums

Production:

Produced and mastered by Swingin’ Thing

Tracklist:

01. Hazy, Lazy, Crazy Daze Of Summer 5:08
02. I Want Your Body 4:03
03. Pump! 4:06
04. Better Left Unsaid 4:20
05. Coconut Cream 3:52
06. Groove Of Love 4:16
07. No One But Myself To Blame 6:00
08. Hook, Line & Sink Her 3:27
09. Cowboy On The Run 4:36 (Exclusive Only Here)
10. Precious 4:29 (Bonus Track)
11. Underground 4:18 (Bonus Track)
12. Hey Kidd 4:54 (Bonus Track)
13. Do You Feel Allright? 2:43 (Bonus Track)
14. Generation 4:04 (Bonus Track)
15. Cat's Got Your Tongue 3:22 (Bonus Track)
16. Sugar Shock 4:25 (Bonus Track) (Exclusive Only Here)
17. For You 6:42(Bonus Track)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2005 / NEWS 2005"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 3 neregistrovaní