Heartland - Move On (Japan Edition) (2005)

hudební novinky 2005 / music news 2005
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 03 Mar 2021, 19:27

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2005 (Japan Edition)
Style : Melodic Hard Rock , AOR
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 129 mb

Bio:

Fronted by lead vocalist Chris Ousey, between 1991 and 2011 British AOR / Melodic Rockers HEARTLAND released a total of eleven albums, but for the fans as well as for the critics, the best of the bunch is still their self-titled debut, originally released by A&M Records in 1991. HEARTLAND is a AOR band formed by former VIRGINIA WOLF vocalist Chris Ousey.HEARTLAND's debut was released in March of 1991 on A&M however by this time the popularity of the AOR / Melodic Rock scene was on the wane. A second album was released in 1995 through German label Long Island, which was ostensibly a collection of demo recordings.Escape Music, signed HEARTLAND up for a third album, 'III', issued in 1996. This album saw former EXPORT and IAN GILLAN guitarist Steve Morris joining Chris Ousey as the core of the band, with a fourth album, 'Bridge Of Fools', quickly emerging soon after the third.Following Steve Morris working with 'Dream Catcher' with IAN GILLAN & Chis Ousey working on side project THE DISTANCE with guitarist/song writer/producer Kenny "Kaos" Loney, the band release 1998 album 'Miracles By Design'.In 1999, the band released the album 'When Angels Call' as a thank you to their many fans old and new alike. The album was a collection of HEARTLAND classic's, new material and tracks from pre-HEARTLAND Project VIRGINIA WOLF, all delivered in an intimate acoustic style. In addition the 'Wide Open' album was re-issued during this year, as the original CD was no longer availble due to the demise of German label Long Island.The 2001 release 'As It Comes' saw a HEARTLAND line up of Ousey, Morris, bass player Tim Hewitts, keyboard player Steve Millington and drummer Steve Gibson.HEARTLAND completed the next album in late 2004 for an early 2005 release 'Move On' through Escape Music. Contributing guests included bassist Mathias Gregersen, the GRAND ILLUSION pairing of Peter Sundell and Per Svensson on backing vocals with the MERCYFUL FATE and FORCE OF EVIL credited Bjarne T. Holm on drums.HEARTLAND announced a fresh album for Escape Music in September 2007 entitled 'Mind Your Head' which is the bands tenth album.

Album:

I have to admit that I’ve had a bit of a soft spot in my heart for HEARTLAND (no pun intended!) ever since they released their 1998 “Miracles By Design” album. “Miracles” was the complete album to me. It had great songs that flowed perfectly, top-notch playing, and solid production.Of course, “Miracles By Design” isn’t where life started for HEARTLAND. They released their debut album way back in 1991 on A & M Records. That self-titled debut was Heartland’s only major label release and even though they have continued to regularly release records, they have since decided to take the Indie label route. First they went with the German Long Island Records label for the 1995 release of “Wide Open” and then with the UK-based Escape Music for all subsequent albums. In total HEARTLAND has released nine albums to date and I’m happy to say “Move On” may be their best since the release of “Miracles” and one of their best overall.The new album opens with the track “Hard Hearted Man” and the song has a harder edge than I’ve heard from the group in a while. Singer Chris Ousey, who bears a striking resemblance in the vocal department to Eric Martin of MR. BIG fame, turns in some impressive work on the song but guitarist Steve Morris steals the show on this song with some ripping axe work. Also, the production is crisp and slightly different feeling from the bands previous work. In the past I would have classified the band as pure AOR but this album starts out more of a melodic hard rock affair, and that is fine with me when it’s done this well!As if the opening track wasn’t rocking enough “City of Lights” cranks it up a notch further. The song has some great, huge backing vocals and again some awesome guitar work from Morris.“Take Me Alive” has sort of a hard funk feel to it not that far from something you might hear from say, the STEVIE SALAS COLORCODE. The style is not usually my favorite and something I wouldn’t expect from HEARTLAND but nontheless they do it well and make it work.The next trio of songs harkens back to the vintage HEARTLAND sound. “How Was I To Know” is a true AOR power ballad and it features acoustic guitar mixed with Morris’ melodic electric solo. “Hell or High Water” has a laid back vibe mixed with a little Hammond B3 sound. “Too Sad to Cry” with its melodic AOR style reminds me of something from the “Miracles” album. The quality of the production really shines on these types of tracks also.“Getting Ready” has a latter-day DEF LEPPARD feel right from the start. In fact, if you heard the opening few seconds you’d know exactly what I mean. Meanwhile “Remember Me?” is a high energy track with an absolutely killer guitar solo. I must say Steve Morris has a great tone to his guitar sound.The instrumental “Redemption” is very nice with a mellow acoustic beginning that leads into some great electric soloing. You really get an appreciation for the diversity with which Morris plays... one moment he’s playing a rough and ready solo on tracks like the aforementioned “City of Lights” and “Remember Me?” and then you get the beautifully melodic moments like in “Redemption”.Next up is the track “Where Do We Go From Here”. The song is another cool melodic rocker in the true HEARTLAND sound. The song is keyboard dominated and not too far from classic ‘80’s JOURNEY sound-wise. “One Fine Day” is a laid-back acoustic laced track. It’s as close to pure pop as you can come with its gospel-like backing vocals and melodic guitar sounds.The album’s closing track “Rotate” brings back a little of the funky sound the band tried with “Take Me Alive.” It’s highlighted with yet even more impressive guitar work from Morris.HEARTLAND has never really made a bad album in my mind but “Move On” is one of the better offerings from the band. I can see this disc getting quite a few spins in my CD player in the coming weeks. If top-notch AOR with some hard rock thrown in (and even a couple funk-influenced tracks) is your bag you could do far worse than this release. HEARTLAND is a veteran outfit that has added some new rocking sounds to their usual AOR repertoire and have made a fresh sounding album because of it.

Line-Up:

Chris Ousey - vocals (Ex-Monroe, Ex-VIRGINIA WOLF, Snakecharmer)
Steve Morris Guitar, Keyboards
Mathias Gregerson Bass
Rasmus Dueldahl Drums

additional musicians:

Bjarne T.Holm - drums on "Getting Ready"
Peter Sundell - backing vocals
Per Svensson - backing vocals

Tracklist:

01. City Of Lights
02. Too Sad To Cry
03. Hell Or High Water
04. Hard Hearted Man
05. Where Do We Go From Here
06. One Fine Day
07. Getting Ready
08. How Was I To Know
09. Take Me Alive
10. Redemption
11. Remember Me?

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2005 / NEWS 2005"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 2 neregistrovaní