Crucified Barbara - In Distortion We Trust (Special Edition) (2006)

hudební novinky 2006 / music news 2006
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 31 Jan 2021, 12:28

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2006 (Special Edition)
Style : Hard Rock , Heavy Metal
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans + Videos
Size : 192 mb

Bio:

Formed in Stockholm in 1998 by bassist Ida Evileye and guitarist Klara Force, CRUCIFIED BARBARA is Sweden's hardest rocking quartet, playing a fiery brand of rock 'n' roll tinged with metal and lashings of punk, pop, thrash, and whatever else dares to cross their path.No strangers to hard work or success, CRUCIFIED BARBARA’s debut single from their 2005 debut In Distortion We Trust climbed to #8 on the Swedish pop charts. They played Australia, toured across Europe opening for Motörhead, Sepultura, In Flames, and Doro, and earned a prestigious slot alongside Black Sabbath, Velvet Revolver, and System Of A Down at the U.K. Download Festival. With all that touring, it would be four years before the band got around to recording their second album, 2009’s ‘Til Death Do Us Party. Next thing you know, there they were on national television performing in Eurovision’s 2010 Song Contest and made it to the semi-finals. Go figure.Entering the legendary Music-A-Matic Vintage Recording Studio in Gothenberg with sound engineer Henryk Lipp and producer Chips Kiesby to create CRUCIFIED BARBARA’s third studio release, The Midnight Chase features the beautifully evil “Rock Me Like The Devil,” the anthemic “Everything We Need,” and the commandeering “Into The Fire.” Ida Evileye dominates her trusty Sandberg bass, Klara Force rocks steady on her ’76 Gibson Explorer, Mia Coldheart belts out her unapologetic vocals while riffing all over her Gibson Gothic Flying V, and Nicki Wicked pounds on her glittered Yamaha Maple drum kit until you’re splayed across the floor with a bull’s-eye knock-out punch that’ll make you spit your teeth out. Now you know what happens when Motörhead mates with The Runaways.So how did they get their name? The band members attended Denmark’s legendary Roskilde Festival and came across something very unexpected in a nearby forest: a blow-up doll (generically called “Barbara” throughout Sweden) attached to a crucifix. And no, they didn’t identify with the victim, they claimed the power of the aggressor right on the spot and have never looked back.If ever you cross their path, bring some brass knuckles to better protect yourself.

Album:

In Distortion We Trust is the first album by Swedish band Crucified Barbara. It was first released in Sweden in 2005.It was recorded in PAMA Studios/Blakk Records in Kristianopel in Sweden and produced and engineered by Mankan Sedenberg.The recordings were finished, mixed and mastered at the beginning of summer.The first single, "Losing the Game," and the accompanying video were released in December.Females in Metal, that's becoming more and more usual today, but there are still very few all-female bands on the market, and it has always been that way.From the 70:ties I know about a few, bands like The Runaways & Vixen.And Kittie & Astarte from nowadays. That was about it, before I came across this young Swedish band I'm about to review now, Crucified Barbara (strange name, huh?).Even if their Punk-oozing Heavy Hard Rock isn't really what I normally listening too, I find both them and their music very striking and pretty funny. But I'm pretty sure that they won't gain much fans from the Metal and Hard Rock scene, their fans will mostly be teenage girls that wants to revolt or just having a bad time in their life (I suppose).But even if they are decent songwriters, I feel that their lyrics could be a bit better, all this "Motherfucker" and stuff just sounds childish.The album is divided into two parts, it's the first part (first three songs) that's really good and there's the second part (the rest of the songs) that sounds pretty much the same, there are no song really better then the other here, almost all of them sounds like fillers.But there are those first three, the starter "Play Me Hard (The Bachelor's Guitar), that's a pretty decent opener, even if it's not the best of the three.Second one, the title-track "In Distortion We Trust" is pretty much the hardest this album has to offer, the most "Metal" song here, good guitars and a great chorus makes this maybe the best song.And there are the third, the single "Losing the Game"; this Radio-friendly track might be the track most people will relate to the band. It's not a bad one, it's very catchy and you can sing-a-long already the first time you hear it.Unfortunately the rest of the songs doesn't keep this level, and already track four is boring, and the album will stay like that, there are no "hidden jewels" among the remaining songs, and I think that's a shame.The score would have been much higher if there were at least 2 more songs in the same class as the first three, but it's still good for a debut in the kind of music.I still recommend you to check up this debut from this very promising and young Swedish band, that's going to release many more albums in the future, that's at least something I'm hoping for, because I want more.

Line-Up:

Ida Evileye - Bass (1998-present)
Nicki Wicked - Drums, Vocals (backing) (1998-present)
Mia Coldheart - Guitars (lead) (1998-present), Vocals (2003-present)
Klara Force - Guitars, Vocals (backing) (1998-present)

Tracklist:

01. Play Me Hard
02. In Distortion We Trust
03. Losing The Game
04. Motorfucker
05. I Need A Cowboy From Hell
06. My Heart Is Black
07. Hide 'Em All
08. Going Down
09. I Wet Myself
10. Rock 'n' Roll Bachelor
11. Bad Hangover
12. My Heart Is Black (Acoustic) (Bonus Track)
13. Killed By Death (Bonus Track)
14. Shout It Out Loud (Bonus Track)

+ Video "Play Me Hard" (Official Video)
+ Video "Rock 'N' Roll Bachelor" (Official Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2006 / NEWS 2006"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 6 neregistrovaných