Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1998
Style : Hard Rock , Glam Metal
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 115 mb

Bio:

Keel is an American heavy metal band founded in 1984 in Los Angeles, California. They are known for their rock anthem "The Right to Rock." The band was active until 1989, with a brief reunion in 1998. Keel reunited again in 2008 and toured in 2009 for their 25th anniversary.Keel was formed by former Steeler vocalist Ron Keel. The original members were Ron Keel on vocals, former Icon / Schoolboys member David Michael Phillips on guitar, Marc Ferrari on lead & rhythm guitars, Bobby Marks on drums and Kenny Chaisson on bass guitar. Within months, Phillips left to join King Kobra and was replaced by ex-Sexist guitarist Bryan Jay.This was the lineup for their 1984 debut album Lay Down the Law.After the album's release, Marks left and was replaced by Steven Riley, who subsequently left early in the recording of the band's second album to join W.A.S.P., and was in turn replaced by Dwain Miller, forming a lineup which would remain stable for almost 4 years. Their debut album caught the eye of KISS' Gene Simmons, resulting in his production of their second album, The Right To Rock, released on March 26, 1985. Their next and also Simmons-produced third album The Final Frontier was released on April 30, 1986. It included the single "Because the Night", a song that was co-written by Patti Smith and Bruce Springsteen and had been a hit for Smith in 1978.In 1986, Keel won the Best Band of the Year award in the 2nd annual Metal Edge magazine reader's poll, beating such noted bands as Iron Maiden and Judas Priest.In 1987, the song "Rock & Roll Outlaw" (a cover from the 1978 self titled debut of Australian hard rock band Rose Tattoo) appeared on the soundtrack of the movie Dudes. Their fourth album, Keel, was released on June 21, 1987, recorded with producer Michael Wagener. An unreleased track from the album, Ferrari's "Proud To Be Loud", would eventually wind up on Pantera's Power Metal album, which Ferrari produced early in 1988.Ferrari & Jay both left in 1988, after touring in support of the Keel album. They were replaced by keyboardist Scott Warren, later in Dio, and Baton Rouge guitarist Tony Palmucci.Their fifth album, Larger Than Live, was released in 1989 with six new studio recordings, including a cover of the 1980 Humble Pie song "Fool for a Pretty Face". Also on the album were six live tracks recorded in March 1989. Following the shooting of the music video for the song "Dreams Are Not Enough" on that same year, Ron Keel announced the disbandment of Keel. In the 1990s, Ferrari wrote a gear column for Metal Edge magazine entitled "Power Sources", and went on to form Cold Sweat with among others ex-UFO guitarist Erik Gamans, who would release the album Break Out in 1990. After the demise of that group, Ferrari appeared in both Wayne's World movies (as the guitarist for Tia Carrere's band "Crucial Taunt") and formed the band Medicine Wheel, which released three CDs. In addition, he released two solo CDs and started a music publishing company called MasterSource, employing Ron Keel to write material for the library. Ferrari also recently wrote a book titled Rock Star 101.Bryan Jay and Dwain Miller went from Keel to forming a band called Dogbone, with ex-Riot vocalist Rhett Forrester, bassist Rob Thiessen and vocalist Eddie Salz.In 1998, members of Keel got together to release their sixth album Keel VI: Back in Action. It mainly consisted of unreleased material from their previous albums, including the aforementioned "Proud To Be Loud".The band's song "Speed Demon" (from The Right to Rock) is briefly heard on the 2002 movie Men in Black II, and appears on Mike Varney's U.S. Metal Vol. IV compilation.Ron Keel has pursued numerous musiefore forming the country metal band IronHorse in 2001. In 2006, Ron left IronHorse and formed K2 Featuring Ron Keel a year later.On November 2008, Keel reunited in time to celebrate the band's 25th anniversary. All the members from The Right to Rock era have rejoined except for Chaisson. The new bassist is Ron Keel's longtime friend, Geno Arce. Their first reunion show was held in Hollywood, CA, on January 24, 2009.In addition, the band played at the third annual Rocklahoma festival on July 2009.A reunion album, Streets of Rock & Roll was released in 2010, as well as a 25th anniversary edition of The Right to Rock featuring a brand new re-recorded version of the title song as a bonus track.

Album:

I f**king love John Keel. From when I first heard his vocals years ago on the self-titled Steeler (US) debut (featuring a young Malmsteen on guitar) I admired his throaty yet soaring style, and a couple years after, heard about Keel, his eponymous act. Incidentally, this was the first Keel album I heard, before getting my hands on the classics ‘Right to Rock’ and ‘Lay Down the Law’. I had no idea initially that the album was released as late as 1998! This is how true the album remains to the formula and sound of classic heavy metal/hard rock, which is relieving, for die hard fans of the genre, like myself.Anyhow, this is a strong, yet modern album, with Keel writing some excellent numbers in the classic vein, while supplementing this with touches of more modern sounding rock. The most memorable track for me, is ‘United Nations’, a pro-rock anthem, shouting out lyrics about people across the world being proud to rock! (In the tradition of countless, countless bands and songs before; perhaps the most obvious being Twisted Sister’s ‘I Wanna Rock’). Anyway, this song is pure greatness. Continuing the albums utter flaunting of Keel’s excellent high-pitched vocal work, it does so with epic lyrics and an incredibly punchy catching chorus. “We are United Nations – under the flag of rock n roll!!!!” – Excellent. However it doesn’t stop there; everything in this track is where it should be. A perfect arrangement that is deserving of a place on any Keel ‘Best Of’.Party anthem territory is covered in ‘Friday Every Night’, a track discussing the rock n roll lifestyle of playing heavy metal from town to town, and partying the hell out of every day. Inside are excellent lyrics about conquering every town, carrying on an 80’s tradition to perfection. This track is also pretty damn radio friendly, and pondering this, I’m wondering why Keel hasn’t had too much mainstream success. Ferrari and Brian Jay really earn their keep in these two anthems, placing excellent riff after excellent riff, truly executing the style well.The title track is strong also, giving us some Keel screams and continuing the perfect guitar with squealy intros and Dokken-esque verse riffs. Great lyrics in this one about uniting ‘with the boys’ to rock! “Now I’m making up for lost time – coz I’m back where I belong!!!!” I love the way Keel explicitly refers to himself in the lyrics, as most songs are clearly not so direct in this manner. And the fact that he’s so damn positive! Another party anthem!Pretty much every song on this album is a heavy hitting thriller, but one more worthy of directly discussing is ‘Reason to Rock’ a track written by Ron Keel, interestingly, and also sung it. This different style of song (while staying true enough to the classical formula) with the clear difference in vocals is an excellent touch, and its inclusion in the album is a winning touch. Love the choruses, lyrics and back ups in this one.In summation, fans of keel go and get this one! Those who own the classic 80’s albums and love ‘em, but have not yet decided to be bold enough to venture into their 90’s territory should take the plunge! I can’t stress strongly enough what a good album this is, and is well worthy of falling under the Keel banner, and having the title “Back in Action” – believe me - they are. This one is full of punchy, hard hitting party anthems and great guitar work. A must have.

Line Up:

Ron Keel – vocals, guitar, producer
Marc Ferrari – lead guitar, backing vocals
Bryan Jay – lead guitar, backing vocals
Kenny Chaisson – bass, backing vocals
Dwain Miller - drums, vocals

Tracklist:

01. Back In Action 3:00
02. Reason To Rock 3:13
03. United Nations 4:11
04. Friday Every Night 3:27
05. Reach Out And Rock Somebody 3:16
06. Hold Your Head Up 3:11 Cover: Argent
07. Proud To Be Loud 3:36
08. Answers In Your Eyes 4:17
09. Lay Down The Law '84 3:56
10. Speed Demon '84

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 1998 / NEWS 1998"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 1 neregistrovaný