Bad English - Bad English (1989) (Steamhammer Remastered Edition 2009)

hudební novinky 2009 / music news 2009
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 18 Jan 2020, 11:03

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok
Obrázok

Year : 1989 (Steamhammer Remastered Edition 2009)
Style : Melodic Hard Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans + Videos
Size : 121 mb

Info:

Bad English was an American/British hard rock supergroup formed in 1987, reuniting keyboardist Jonathan Cain from Journey with singer John Waite and bassist Ricky Phillips, his former bandmates in The Babys.The members decided on a name for the band while playing pool. John Waite missed a shot and Jonathan Cain made a comment on how bad his "english" was (referring to the spin a player puts on the cue ball) and the band decided to use the phrase.The name is also thought to be a reference to The Babys, since the name was misspelled and an example of bad English.Jonathan Cain and guitarist Neal Schon, who had enjoyed enormous success in Journey, formed Bad English with Waite after Journey disbanded.The first album, eponymously titled, was a big seller containing three hit singles: the number one hit "When I See You Smile" written by Diane Warren, the top 10 hit "Price of Love," and "Possession." Another track from the debut album, "Best of What I Got", was featured in the soundtrack to the 1989 feature film Tango and Cash.The band's second album, Backlash (1991), came and went without any fanfare. The only single, "Straight To Your Heart," just missed the Top 40, peaking at No. 42. Ricky Phillips writes on his website that the group had parted company before the second album had been mixed. Both Phillips and guitarist Neal Schon expressed frustration with the "pop" side of the band's songs and wanted a harder edge. In the end, it proved to be the band's undoing as everyone left to pursue other projects.In later interviews Waite revealed that although he loved playing to stadium-sized audiences, he was uncomfortable with the corporate rock image that he felt the band had presented and has been a solo artist ever since.Bad English drummer Deen Castronovo later went on to join a reformed Journey with singer Steve Augeri, Neal Schon, Jonathan Cain, and Ross Valory. He also played on Ozzy Osbourne's album Ozzmosis in 1995.

Album:

Bad English is the self-titled platinum-selling debut album by American rock supergroup Bad English, released in 1989.The band scored two huge hits on the Billboard charts including the No. 1 hit "When I See You Smile" and No. 5 hit "Price of Love". In all, five singles were officially released from the album, all charting on the Hot 100.First single "Forget Me Not" was a major hit at rock radio, spending two weeks at No. 2 on the Mainstream Rock Tracks chart, but it narrowly failed to hit the pop Top 40. The second single was the Diane Warren-penned power ballad "When I See You Smile", which was a massive multiformat hit, spending two weeks at No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100, two weeks in the top 10 at rock radio, and getting significant and sustained play at Adult Contemporary radio. But "When I See You Smile" lingered in the pop Top 40 and was still climbing the Adult Contemporary charts, and close to being certified Gold, long after the song had peaked at rock radio. When the decision was made to release a second consecutive power ballad as the album's third single ("Price of Love"), the band released the stomper "Best of What I Got" as a promo to U.S. rock radio, hoping to maintain interest and credibility with the rock audience for their live headlining tour. The plan worked, as "Price of Love" hit the pop top five but did not receive enough rock radio airplay to hit the 40-place Rock Tracks chart, while "Best of What I Got" surged to No. 9 there (the band's second-highest showing on that chart), and the band was invited to join the Whitesnake tour beginning in the spring for a second jaunt around the U.S.A five-video collection was released, containing the music videos for "Best of What I Got", "Heaven Is a 4 Letter Word", "Forget Me Not", "When I See You Smile", and "Price of Love".

Line-Up:

John Waite - lead vocals
Neal Schon - lead, rhythm & acoustic guitars, backing vocals
Jonathan Cain - keyboards, backing vocals
Ricky Phillips - bass, backing vocals
Deen Castronovo - drums, percussion, backing vocals

Production:

Art Direction, Design – Hugh Syme
Mastered By – George Marino
Mixed By – Michael Fraser* (tracks: 1 to 4 to 6, 8, 9, 11), Phil Kaffel (tracks: 1, 2, 7, 8, 10, 12)
Photography By [Cover] – Chris Cuffaro
Producer – Richie Zito
Engineer – Phil Kaffel
Engineer [Second Engineers] – Daren Chadwick, Gary Wagner (2), Jeff Poe, Leon Johnson, Mike Tacci, Randall Wine*, Robert Vogt, Toby Wright
Written-By – Hill* (tracks: 12), David Roberts (3) (tracks: 6), Diane Warren (tracks: 5), John Waite (tracks: 1 to 4, 6 to 12), Jonathan Cain (tracks: 1 to 4, 6 to 12), Mark Spiro (tracks: 2, 4), Martin Page (tracks: 7), Neal Schon (tracks: 1, 2, 9 to 12), Stinfield* (tracks: 12), Ricky Phillips (tracks: 3, 11), Todd Cerney (tracks: 9)

Tracklist:

01. Best of What I Got 4:40
02. Heaven is a 4 Letter Word 4:45
03. Possession 5:08
04. Forget Me Not 4:58
05. When I See You Smile 4:20
06. Tough Times Don't Last 4:42
07. Ghost in Your Heart 4:46
08. Price of Love 4:47
09. Ready When You Are 4:20
10. Lay Down 4:38
11. The Restless Ones 5:23
12. Rockin' Horse 5:31
13. Don't Walk Away 4:30

+ Video "When I See You Smile" (Official Video)
+ Video "Price Of Love" (Official Video)

Please my link you can´t spread further and don´t upload to other hostings!!!

Obrázok

Remember! if You like the release, buy the original CD. Support the artists!

All download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Please when You buy a premium account, You can support our work, You can do parallel downloads with unlimited speed and never waiting.
Please click and buy some account only through icons below: (when You not see icons below stop AdBlock and AdBlock plus in Google chrome)

Cuando usted compra una cuenta premium, Usted puede apoyar nuestro trabajo, usted puede hacer descargas paralelas con velocidad ilimitada y nunca espera.
Por favor, haga clic y comprar de cuenta sólo a través de iconos por debajo: (si no ves el iconos siguiente parada AdBlock y AdBlock Plus en Google Chrome)

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2009 / NEWS 2009"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 7 neregistrovaných