Johnny Crash - Unfinished Business (1992) (Suncity Records Edition 2008)

hudební novinky 2008 / music news 2008
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 24 Apr 2023, 06:59

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1992 (Suncity Records Edition 2008)
Style : Sleaze Hard Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 116 mb

Bio:

Hard rock band formed 1987.Johnny Crash was an American band, formed in 1985.Members originally included former Tokyo Blade singer Vick Wright (Vicki James Wright), former Champaign guitarists Christopher Stewart and August Worchell, bassist Andy Rogers, and former Rock City Angels drummer Stephen "Punkee" Adamo.Their sound was likened to that of AC/DC, and contemporaries Junkyard, Rhino Bucket and The Four Horsemen. In 1990, the band released their first album, Neighbourhood Threat, featuring Vicki James Wright (vocals), August Worchell (guitar and backing vocals), Christopher Stewart (guitar and backing vocals), Stephen "Punky" Adamo (drums) and Terry Nails (bass).The band, with Andy Rogers on bass, toured for a short time with bands such as Mötley Crüe and Pretty Maids. The single "Hey Kid" became a minor hit and its video received some rotation on MTV.Guitarist J.J. Bolt and then-future Guns N' Roses members Dizzy Reed and Matt Sorum joined the band to replace Worchell and Adamo. However, before the second album could be released Johnny Crash were dropped by their record label, and Stewart suggested moving to Europe. James Wright disagreed and the band split up.In 1992, bassist Andy Rogers died of a heroin overdose.In 2007, an interview with Vicki James Wright stated that the then unreleased album, now titled Unfinished Business, will come out on Suncity Records sometime "soon". In 2008, Unfinished Business was released on Suncity Records.Vicki James Wright has since gone back to his original name, Vick Wright.He released his first novel titled South of the Pole in 2007.In 2010, Vic Wright wrote and directed the short film entitled White Trash Noir produced by Vick Wright's boutique film company, Vicktory Films. He won the "Best Director for a short or feature" award for White Trash Noir at the AOF Festival in Pasadena, California in 2011 and the award for "Best Horror Film" at the Action On Film International Film Festival 2013 for his first feature film, To Hell With A Bullet.To Hell With A Bullet is a low budget feature film released in 2014. The film is about a washed-up rock singer who makes a deal with a mysterious doctor who promises to return his voice to its prime, with horrifying consequences. Wright is influenced in this production by the late, Rod Serling (Twilight Zone, Night Gallery) along with a modern take on Roald Dahl's Tales of the Unexpected.The next production for his film company will be the feature-length version of White Trash Noir, which is scheduled to go into pre-production sometime in 2014. I'm guessing nobody has eyes on this production anymore.

Album:

All I can say about this CD is…it’s about fucking time! For over fifteen years these recordings have been collecting dust in some lame record company’s vault as the ‘suite and tie guys’ began signing boredom inducing bands to major contracts in the early 90s. Whoever was behind the shelving of Unfinished Business should be brought before a jury of headbangers and tried for crimes against humanity – as the band states, “there’s no parole for rock ‘n’ roll.”Everyone who reads Sleaze Roxx should know by now who Johnny Crash is, but for those of you who may have missed out I’ll bring you up to date. The band was formed by a handful of Sunset Strip misfits and a European singer who had tasted success with Tokyo Blade. Together they released 1990’s underrated classic Neighborhood Threat, a flawless collection of AC/DC inspired rock. From there things began to unravel and the recordings represented on this disc are what the band was able to produce before the straw broke the camel’s back.If you want unrelenting songs like those found on the band’s debut, you got it. “Damnation Alley”, “Monkey See Monkey Do” (in which singer Vicki James Wright sounds more like Brian Johnson than ever), “Mama Don’t Care”, “Ditch The Bitch” and “No Parole” are all great hard rock songs that have the same feel and attitude as the debut album. Unfinished Business also has more diversity than the debut on songs such as “Rock ‘N’ Roll Suicide”, the countrified swamp-boogie of “Summer Love” and the ballad-like “When It Gets Hard” (get your minds out of the gutter, its not about THAT!).As you can tell, I love this CD – and to be honest I’ve had the demos of these songs for years now. But what impressed me is how much better these songs sound then those old demos I had. The re-mastering on this disc is top-notch, as are the songs. Rumor has it Axl Rose threatened legal action if this CD got released, due to the involment of Matt Sorum and Dizzy Reed (who were Guns N’Roses members at the time), but unlike his own material he couldn’t keep this one under wraps forever!

Line-Up:

Vicki James Wright - vocals
Christopher Stewart - rhythm guitar
Dizzy Reed - lead guitar
Andy Rodgers - bass (R.I.P. 1992)
Matt Sorum - drums

Additional Musicians:

Dizzy Reed – guitar

Production:

Re-mastered by Chris Fatouros

Tracklist:

01. Damnation Alley 4:53
02. Monkey See Monkey Do 4:01
03. Mama Don't Care (What She Don't See) 4:15
04. Renegade 4:53
05. In the Groove 5:12
06. Rock 'N Roll Suicide 4:14
07. Summer Daze 3:51
08. Ditch the Bitch 4:10
09. When It Gets Hard 5:09
10. Livin' Above the Law 4:18
11. No Parole 3:04

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2008 / NEWS 2008"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 3 neregistrovaní