Kiss - Gold (2CD) (2005) (Japan SHM-CD Edition 2008)

hudební novinky 2008 / music news 2008
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 03 Mar 2022, 08:51

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2005 (Japan SHM-CD Edition 2008)
Style : Hard Rock , Heavy Metal
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 365 mb

Bio:

Kiss was formed in New York in '72 by guitarist/vocalist Paul Stanley (Stanley Eisen) and Gene Simmons (Gene Klein). The line-up was rounded out by drummer Peter Criss (Crisscoula), located through a Rolling Stone ad, and lead guitarist Ace Frehley (Paul Frehley), who answered an ad in the Village Voice. The band's cartoon image, kabuki makeup and 4th-of-July stageshow concept was in place from the start, and they began promoting their own hall shows in NYC. TV director Bill Aucoin saw them, became their manager, and secured a deal for them with Neil Bogart's Casablanca Records within two weeks. Three LPs were released in a year's time, but the live fourth LP, Alive! (1975) contained their first huge hit, "Rock And Roll All Nite." Until the early '80, Kiss was unstoppable, with two huge-selling Marvel Comics, a network TV movie and four simultaneously-released solo albums under their studded belts. In '80, Criss left for a solo career and since then, the drum and lead positions have been ever-changing. In '83, the band stripped away the makeup and celebrated renewed interest."You wanted the best, you got it! The hottest band in the land: KISS!" So went the rally cry at the beginning of a Kiss concert, an event of exploding pyrotechnics, vomited blood and louder-than-God hard rock. Their fan club--The Kiss Army--swelled to six-figures strong during the band's '70s heyday, and between 1974 and today they've sold in excess of 70 million albums.In '96, the original band reformed (made up?), and took their full costume-makeup-pyro 1976 show on the road--for a year-long stint--resulting in one of the most successful rock tours ever. Conjecture that the band wanted to quit on a high note has remained unproven; anything could happen in Kiss' future.

Album:

Gold is a 2005 greatest hits collection by American shock rock band Kiss. This two-disc set covers the band's recordings from 1974 to 1982. All tracks are previously available.The SHM-CD [Super High Material CD] format features enhanced audio quality through the use of a special polycarbonate plastic. Using a process developed by JVC and Universal Music Japan discovered through the joint companies' research into LCD display manufacturing, SHM-CDs feature improved transparency on the data side of the disc, allowing for more accurate reading of CD data by the CD player laser head. SHM-CD format CDs are fully compatible with standard CD players.At this point, you can’t blame Gene anymore.Kiss’ old record label was free to issue whatever compilations they wanted, and they did. Of these compilations, none contained previously unreleased material. So, these are aimed strictly at the newbies, and the collectors. And the collectors loathe shelling out for this kind of thing.There is some light shining through the clouds.First off, unlike every hits album released before it, this one actually has liner notes! Not bad liner notes either! Some common errors have been corrected in them (for example, Anton Fig is listed on drums for the “disco” albums). Not all the errors have been corrected, unfortunately, and I believe all lineup information has been taken directly from the liner notes of Kiss’ The Box Set.Second, the track listing really is superb, even if offering few surprises. The ground covered is the “makeup years” 1974-1982…yet for unknown reasons the entire (excellent) Creatures Of The Night album is absent. Instead Universal ends this compilation with two tracks from the import only Killers, a pleasant if baffling inclusion. The liner notes end here as well, glossing over the entire last two decades of the band.Lastly, there are a total of 40 tracks on two CDs, a very generous slice of rock n’ roll indeed. This allowed Universal to include no less than five tracks from the first album! Five tracks are included from Destroyer, four from Alive!, and each solo record is given one track as well! Even the box set didn’t have anything from Gene’s solo record (although it included an unreleased demo). The disco albums are given a total of four tracks combined, and Music From The Elder is not ignored either.I suppose in this day and age, a band of Kiss’ age does need a number of hits albums. You need a good, full-length single disc for the people who want that (The Very Best Of). You need a double-disc version for the people who want a little more (Gold). And now in this era, you also need a budget-priced 10 or 12 track hits compilation like 20th Century Masters. When you think about it, it all makes sense.While I think Universal really should have put something on here for the diehards who already have all this material several times over, one version of this album comes with a DVD of Kiss Exposed. I guess that’s cool if you don’t have it already. It’s an odd pick, since Exposed mostly focuses on the music after the makeup came off, none of which are relevant to Gold.

Line Up:

Paul Stanley - lead and backing vocals, rhythm guitar, lead guitar (Disc 1 track 9; Disc 2 tracks 15, 16, 18) first guitar solo (Disc 2 tracks 1, 4), bass guitar (Disc 2 tracks 5, 14) 12-string guitar (Disc 1 track 5; Disc 2 track 3)
Gene Simmons - lead and backing vocals, bass guitar, rhythm guitar (Disc 2 tracks 6, 12)
Peter Criss - drums, percussion, backing and lead vocals
Ace Frehley - lead guitar, backing and lead vocals, bass (Disc 1 tracks 7), acoustic guitar (Disc 1 track 9; Disc 2 tracks 3, 11, 16, 18), all guitars and bass (Disc 2 tracks 7, 11, 17)
Eric Carr - drums, percussion, backing vocals (Disc 2 tracks 18-20)

Additional personnel:

Bill Bodine - bass guitar (Disc 2 track 13)
Steve Buslowe - bass guitar (Disc 2 track 10)
Lenny Castro - percussion (Disc 2 track 13)
Bill Cuomo - keyboards, synthesizer (Disc 2 track 13)
Sean Delaney - percussion (Disc 2 track 12)
Bob Ezrin - piano (Disc 1 track 19), orchestration (Disc 1 track 19; Disc 2 track 18), electric piano (Disc 2 track 18)
Dick Wagner - acoustic guitar (Disc 1 track 19)
Bruce Foster – acoustic piano and additional guitar (Disc 1 track 2)
Warren Dewey – fire engine sound effects (Disc 1 track 3)
Eddie Kramer - keyboards (Disc 2 tracks 4-6)
Anton Fig - drums (Disc 2 tracks 11, 14-17)
Richie Fontana - drums (Disc 2 track 10)
Tom Harper - bass guitar (Disc 2 track 16)
Neil Jason - bass guitar (Disc 2 track 12)
Michael Kamen - orchestration (Disc 2 track 18)
Holly Knight - keyboards (Disc 2 track 16)
Bob Kulick - lead guitar (Disc 2 tracks 10, 19-20)
Steve Lacy - guitar (Disc 2 track 12)
David Lasley - backing vocals (Disc 2 track 11)
Susan Collins - backing vocals (Disc 2 track 11)
Bobby McAdams – power mouth (talk box) (Disc 2 track 11)
Art Munson - guitar (Disc 2 track 13)
Stan Penridge - guitar, backing vocals (Disc 2 track 13)
Vini Poncia - keyboards and backing vocals (Disc 2 tracks 13-15, 17)
Joe Perry - guitar (Disc 2 track 12)
John Shane Howell - classical guitar (Disc 2 track 12)
Allen Schwartzberg - drums (Disc 2 track 12)
Bob Seger and Janis Ian – backing vocals (Disc 2 track 12)
Eric Troyer - piano, backing vocals (Disc 2 track 12)
The American Symphony Orchestra (Disc 2 track 18)

Tracklist:

CD1:

01. Strutter
02. Nothin' To Lose
03. Firehouse
04. Deuce
05. Black Diamond
06. Got To Choose
07. Parasite
08. Hotter Than Hell
09. C'mon and Love Me
10. She
11. Anything For My Baby
12. Rock Bottom (live)
13. Cold Gin (live)
14. Rock and Roll All Nite (live)
15. Let Me Go, Rock'n'Roll (live)
16. Detroit Rock City
17. King Of The Night Time World
18. Shout It Out Loud
19. Beth
20. Do You Love Me?

CD2:

01. I Want You
02. Calling Dr. Love
03. Hard Luck Woman
04. I Stole Your Love
05. Love Gun
06. Christine Sixteen
07. Shock Me
08. Makin' Love (live)
09. God Of Thunder (live)
10. Tonight You Belong To Me
11. New York Groove
12. Radioactive
13. Don't You Let Me Down
14. I Was Made For Loving You
15. Sure Know Something
16. Shandi
17. Talk To Me
18. A World Without Heroes
19. Nowhere To Run
20. I'm A Legend Tonight

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2008 / NEWS 2008"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 3 neregistrovaní