Exodus - Impact Is Imminent (1990) (Caroline Records Limited Remastered Edition 2008)

hudební novinky 2008 / music news 2008
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Exodus - Impact Is Imminent (1990) (Caroline Records Limited Remastered Edition 2008)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 19 Jún 2020, 07:12

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1990 (Caroline Records Limited Remastered Edition 2008)
Style : Thrash Metal
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 118 mb

Bio:

Exodus is an American thrash metal band formed in 1980 in Richmond, California.Spanning a career of 34 years, Exodus has gone through numerous lineup changes, two extended hiatuses, and the deaths of two former band members. Guitarist Gary Holt joined the band shortly after its formation and has remained the only constant member of Exodus since and appears on all their releases. Drummer Tom Hunting is one of the original members, and departed from the band twice, in 1989 and 2004, but rejoined in 2007.To date, Exodus has released nine studio albums, two live albums and two compilations. The band had particular success in the mid-to-late 1980s, and their first three albums (Bonded by Blood, Pleasures of the Flesh and Fabulous Disaster) cemented Exodus' reputation as one of the most successful thrash metal bands. The critical praise given to Fabulous Disaster garnered attention from major labels, including Capitol Records, with whom Exodus would eventually sign in 1989. Exodus released two more albums (Impact Is Imminent and Force of Habit) before disbanding in 1993. After a temporary return in 1997-1998, Exodus reformed for a second time in 2001, and since then, they have released four more albums, the most recent being 2010's Exhibit B: The Human Condition. The band will release their tenth studio album, Blood In, Blood Out, in October 2014.Exodus have sold over 5 million albums worldwide as of 2013.

Album:

Impact Is Imminent is the fourth studio album by thrash metal band Exodus, released in 1990. Impact Is Imminent was Exodus' first album on Capitol Records as well as their first album to feature John Tempesta on drums, and their last to feature Rob McKillop on bass, though he appeared on their first live album, Good Friendly Violent Fun, which was recorded live in 1989 but not released until 1991. It was re-released in 2008 in a limited edition mini-album packaging to resemble the original vinyl release, including the inner sleeve.Exodus spent the latter half of 1990 touring in support of Impact Is Imminent. The band opened for funk rock act Red Hot Chili Peppers (who were labelmates with Exodus at the time) at The Kaiser Center in Oakland on July 21, 1990.Exodus was part of two major tours: in August 1990, they toured the U.S. with Suicidal Tendencies and Pantera (who had just released the most successful records of their respective careers: Lights...Camera...Revolution! and Cowboys from Hell), and three months later, they toured Europe with Flotsam and Jetsam, Vio-Lence and Forbidden.Exodus wrapped up the tour on December 28, 1990 at The Fillmore.The band was scheduled to tour in early 1991 with Judas Priest and Annihilator on the European Painkiller tour, but they were dropped from the tour and replaced by Pantera because their label refused to pay tour support.Impact Is Imminent received a negative review from Allmusic's Eduardo Rivadavia, who awarded the album one-and-a-half stars out of five and called it "the most forgettable album of Exodus' career."Despite being released on a major label, Impact Is Imminent was not as successful as Fabulous Disaster and debuted at No. 137 on the Billboard 200, Exodus' lowest chart position to date.Impact Is Imminent would be Exodus' last album to enter the Billboard 200, until 2014's Blood In, Blood Out.Although Gary Holt expressed his dislike for the album during the making of Exhibit B: The Human Condition, saying, "If there was one album I could have back and record again it would be Impact ". He praised it for having "some of the best riffs I've ever written".Hold restated his opinion about the record on April 30, 2020 during an interview with Robb Flynn of Machinehead. "I listen back to ‘Impact Is Imminent,’ and if there’s one album in my career I wish I had back like if it had never been released – it’s that album. Because it’s got some of the best riffs I ever wrote. I mean, the main riff on ‘Impact Is Imminent’ is my favorite riff I’ve ever written. The string skipping, no one had ever done that shit.All music is composed by Gary Holt.

Line Up:

Steve "Zetro" Souza - Vocals - See also: ex-Dublin Death Patrol, ex-Tenet, AC/DZ, ex-Hatriot, ex-Testament (live), ex-Legacy, ex-F-Bomb, ex-Metal Warrior
Rob McKillop - Bass
Gary Holt - Guitars - See also: ex-Wardance, ex-Slayer (live), ex-Sexoturica, ex-Spastik Children
Rick Hunolt - Guitars
John Tempesta - Drums - See also: ex-White Zombie, The Cult, ex-Helmet, ex-Prong, ex-Testament, ex-Rob Zombie, ex-Scum of the Earth, ex-Temple of the Black Moon, ex-The Dead Daisies, ex-Two-Bit Thief

Production:

Recorded at Music Grinder and Record Two Mendocino Studios
Additional recording at Alpha & Omega, The Plant, and Earwax Studios
Produced by The H-Team
Recorded by Csaba Petocz
Mixed by Marc Senesac at Alpha & Omega
Additional engineering by John Bush, Lewis Demetri, Chris Fuhrman, Andy Newell, and Jim McKee
Assistant engineered by Steve Heinke, Lawrence Ethan, Shawna Stobie, Ulrich Wild, Casey McMackin, and Manny Lacarrubba
Mastered by Stephen Marcussen at Precision Mastering

Tracklist:

01. Intro/Impact Is Imminent 04:19
02. A.W.O.L. 05:44
03. The Lunatic Parade 04:14
04. Within the Walls of Chaos 07:45
05. Objection Overruled 04:34
06. Only Death Decides 06:07
07. Heads They Win (Tails You Lose) 07:43
08. Changing of the Guard 06:49
09. Thrash Under Pressure 02:39

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2008 / NEWS 2008"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 2 neregistrovaní