Buckcherry - All Night Long (2CD) (Japan SHM-CD Limited Edition) (2010)

hudební novinky 2010 / music news 2010
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 03 Apr 2023, 06:45

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2010 (Japan SHM-CD Limited Edition)
Style : Hard Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 171 mb

Bio:

Buckcherry is an American rock band from Anaheim, California formed in 1995. The band released two albums, Buckcherry (1999) and Time Bomb (2001), before dissolving in the summer of 2002. In 2005, lead vocalist Josh Todd and lead guitarist Keith Nelson reformed Buckcherry and released a new album on April 16, 2006, 15. It contained Buckcherry's biggest crossover hits to date, "Crazy Bitch", and their first Billboard Hot 100 top ten hit, "Sorry". Their fourth album, Black Butterfly, was released in September 2008, and their fifth album, All Night Long, was released on August 3, 2010. Buckcherry released their sixth album, Confessions, on February 19, 2013.Josh Todd grew up in Anaheim Hills, California and later moved to Lake Forest, California. Early on, Todd fronted the Hollywood glam rock band Slamhound. He eventually met lead guitarist Keith Nelson through their tattoo artist (Kevin Quinn) after discovering a common love of AC/DC. The duo made a few demos before being joined by bassist Jonathan Brightman and drummer Devon Glenn, calling themselves Sparrow. Sparrow began performing around the Hollywood club scene, receiving a strong, local following due to their old school rock and roll vibe, and were signed to DreamWorks Records shortly after. The group changed its name to Buckcherry after receiving a cease-and-desist letter from a record label called Sparrow (owned by EMI). Although Buckcherry is a spoonerism of Chuck Berry, the group said it was inspired by a drag queen acquaintance of theirs named Buck Cherry (Buck Cherry was also the moniker of John Armstrong, guitarist for 1980s new-wave group The Modernettes).

Album:

The deluxe edition of All Night Long includes The Reckless Sons EP featuring 6 acoustic originals.Buckcherry are back with their follow-up to 2008’s disappointing Black Butterfly. The new album is entitled All Night Long and it is a return to the fun lovin’, hard rockin’, explosive music that we’ve come to expect from Buckcherry. All Night Long is the album that should have followed 15 — Black Butterfly was too contemporary sounding, too somber, and might have alienated some of their core fans. Granted, that album enabled them to secure slots on tours like KISS‘ ‘Sonic Boom Tour‘, but it wouldn’t be an embellishment to say that the only listenable tracks were “Too Drunk…” and “Rescue Me.” Oddly enough, “Too Drunk…” was subsequently replaced on the second pressing by a brilliant cover of Deep Purple‘s “Highway Star.”Moving on to the new album All Night Long, while there are very few explosive moments like we heard on the band’s first two efforts, this CD is good. It’s melodic, heavy at times, aggressive, groove and riff driven no frills rock ‘n’ roll. There’s a sense of urgency and excitement which we didn’t hear on the predecessor — this is a big plus in my opinion.There are many excellent moments on All Night Long — the title track is a great fun song with a catchy chorus and great riff, and is sure to find its rightful place in the Buckcherry live arsenal for years to come. “Recovery” and “Dead” are a throwback to the classic Buckcherry sound we heard on the debut and Time Bomb albums. “Liberty” is the hidden jewel on the album — it is to All Night Long what “Brooklyn” was to 15, it’s just fantastic.I found “I Want You” to be a sub-par ballad that simply disrupted the momentum that had been established by the preceding six tracks while “Our World” is so far removed from what this band is about that it’s ridiculous. In a press release, Josh Todd said; “As musicians who have the benefit of the spotlight from time to time, we feel it is our duty to aid in raising awareness and financial support to help remedy the awful situation in the Gulf Of Mexico. It is so important that each and every one of us do what we can to help those out whose lives have been harshly impacted by the oil spill.” I understand the concern, but play a benefit show or two — Buckcherry is no more U2 than Motley Crue or Guns N’ Roses are. Meanwhile “Bliss” is a track that seems to have just forced its way into the final sequencing of the album in an effort to have a pretty, yet very forgettable, song to get on radio.In short, All Night Long is a much better album that I was anticipating from Buckcherry. I was sure that the misstep called Black Butterfly would have derailed this great rock ‘n’ roll band — thankfully it didn’t.

Line Up:

Josh Todd – lead vocals
Keith Nelson – lead guitar and backing vocals
Stevie D. – rhythm guitar and backing vocals
Jimmy ‘Two Fingers’ Ashhurst – bass
Xavier Muriel – drums

Production:

Produced by Marti Frederiksen and Keith Nelson
Engineer – Jun Murakawa
Mixed By – Mike Fraser

Tracklist:

CD1:

01. All Night Long
02. It’s A Party
03. These Things
04. Oh My Lord
05. Recovery
06. Never Say Never
07. I Want You
08. Liberty
09. Our World
10. Bliss
11. Dead
12. Lonely (Japan Bonus Track)

CD2: The Reckless Sons EP

12. These Things (acoustic)
13. Fire Off Your Guns (acoustic)
14. Black Butterfly (acoustic)
15. King Of Kings (acoustic)
16. My Friend (acoustic)
17. Grace (acoustic)
18. Sorry (acoustic)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2010 / NEWS 2010"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 7 neregistrovaných