Kidd Glove - Kidd Glove (1984) (Yesterrock Remastered 2010)

hudební novinky 2010 / music news 2010
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 25 Dec 2020, 14:19

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1984 (Yesterrock Remastered 2010)
Style : Melodic Hard Rock , AOR
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 135 mb

Bio:

It all started when Motown decided to add a Rock Division to their company. Getting signed to Motown Records at 22 was quite an experience in itself. A guy by the name of Steve Barri was, at that time, the head of A&R at Motown and also the designated producer for this undertaking. They held a huge audition in L.A. which literally consisted of hundreds of contestants to find the perfect “Rock Dude” so I joined the crowds of rock artists that were auditioning and somehow won. I was immediately paired up with a couple of Motown staff writers to begin writing the Kidd Glove Album. It was recorded a couple of months later and released with great anticipation and attained great success. As a special bonus, The import CD is being shipped & includes the first video from Kidd Glove called “Good Clean Fun” along with 3 bonus tracks I wrote and performed for a film called “The Twin Sitters” (Which is a must see DVD), plus one additional bonus song I wrote for my son, “Viking Boy", which has never been released before.

Album:

Recorded At Motown/ Hitsville USA Recoding Studios, Hollywood, California & Dawnbreaker Recording Studio, San Fernando, California.Among the many labels that re-release classics in the melodic rock genre, two are doing real fine: Rock Candy Records and YesterRock. The latter, sadly, ceased its operations. But in about 6 years of existence, YesterRock has remastered a lot of true gems from the genre - so be fast to get yours as most are becoming out of print.Among these is this terrific Paul Sabu album released under the pseudonym KIDD GLOVE.All we know the melodic hard rock side of Paul Sabu since the mid-Eighties. But a young Sabu started his career in the Seventies recording some stuff mixing the popular 'disco music' of the era with Rock."Kidd Glove" was his first approach to pure Melodic Rock, with an AOR / Radio Rock sound typical of the year (1984) in the US.For Kidd Glove it all started when Motown Records (known for their many quality soul releases) decided to add a Rock division to their record company. Paul Sabu was paired with some of Motown's staff writers and together they wrote the material for the "Kidd Glove" album, which was subsequently recorded with the help of guest musicians such as talented drummer Mike Baird (wrongly credited as Baer) who worked with Prism, Eddie Money and later played in Journey's Raised On Radio.The radio-ready 'Good Clean Fun' opens the album, followed by the melodic rock bliss of 'Killer Instinct'. A killer midtempo tune indeed.Next arrives, in my opinion, the best track in Paul Sabu's career; "Street Angel". This is a pure '80s heaven plenty of gorgeous vocals, delicious synths, sharp guitar riffs, a pumping rhythm section and a chorus to die for. Easily, one of the best songs from the decade.There's much more to enjoy: the AOR magic of 'Spirit Of The Night' and 'Fade To Black' (love the those keys!), the smooth radio-ready refrain of "Secrets", or the anthemic, action movie-like 'Hellzarockin'.'Suzie Wants To Be Star' is close to melodic rock perfection, the way the song is arranged (and played) is simply great.This digitally remastered reissue from YesterRock is excellent, but we also have 4 juicy bonus tracks, as far I know, previously unreleased.Mostly are taken from 'The Babysitters' soundtrack, a 1994 movie also known as 'Twin Sitters'. All are fun, but special mention goes for "Brothers Forever", a little melodic rock gem.YesterRock ceased its operations and all their re-issue catalog will be out of print soon. Go and get it before it's too late!

Line Up:

Paul Sabu - vocals, guitars (Ex-Silent Rage , Only Child , Daniela Romo and etc...)
Mike Baird, Tommy Amato - drums
Jeff Steele, Murril Maglio - bass
Bobby Sandstorm, Tommy Rude - keyboards

Producer – Steve Barri, Tony Peluso
Written-By – Daniel Walsh*, Michael Price, Paul Sabu

Tracklist:

01 - Good Clean Fun
02 - Killer Instinct
03 - Street Angel
04 - Spirit Of The Night
05 - Fade To Black
06 - Hellzarockin'
07 - Somewhere In A Song
08 - Secrets
09 - Susie Wants To Be A Star
10 - Viking Boy (Bonus Track)
11 - At War With The Weights (Bonus Track)
12 - The Babysitters (Bonus Track)
13 - Brothers Forever (Bonus Track)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2010 / NEWS 2010"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 9 neregistrovaných