Slayer (USA)

Thrash Metal, Speed Metal, Groove Metal.....
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Slayer (USA)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 10 Sep 2014, 13:20

Slayer - Live Undead (1984) (Japan Remastered Edition 2004)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1984 (Japan Remastered 2004)
Style : Thrash Metal
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans + Videos
Size : 148 mb

Bio:

Slayer is an American thrash metal band formed in Huntington Park, California, in 1981, by guitarists Jeff Hanneman and Kerry King. Slayer rose to fame with their 1986 release Reign in Blood, and is credited as one of the "Big Four" thrash metal acts, along with Metallica, Megadeth and Anthrax. Slayer has never publicly revealed its worldwide sales, however between 1991 and 2004, the band sold more than 3.5 million albums in the U.S.Slayer's musical style involves fast tremolo picking, double bass drumming, riffs in irregular scales and shouted vocals. In the original line-up, King, bassist/vocalist Tom Araya and guitarist Jeff Hanneman contributed to the band's lyrics, and most of the band's music was created and arranged by King and Hanneman, with additional help from drummer Dave Lombardo and sometimes Araya.The band's lyrics and album art, which cover topics such as serial killers, insanity, Satanism, religion, anti-religion and warfare, have generated album bans, delays, lawsuits and criticism from religious groups and the public. Their music has been highly influential, often being cited by many bands as an influence musically, visually and lyrically.Since their debut album in 1983, the band has released two live albums, one box set, six videos, two extended plays, a covers album and ten studio albums, four of which have received gold certification in the United States. The band has received five Grammy nominations, winning one in 2007 for the song "Eyes of the Insane", and one in 2008 for the song "Final Six" (both from 2006's Christ Illusion). Slayer has played music festivals worldwide, including Unholy Alliance, Download and Ozzfest.

Album:

Live Undead is the first live album by American thrash metal band Slayer. It was released through Metal Blade Records and recorded in New York City in front of a room of people. It has been questioned by both critics and authors that the audience sound may or may not be faked. However, in 1984, WBAB Fingers Metal Shop, a radio station, held a contest to meet and hang out with Slayer during a live recording. The album was recorded at Tiki Recording Studios in Glen Cove, NY in front of around a dozen people. The album was originally intended to be recorded in front of a live audience, but things went wrong. Nevertheless, when asked if they were fake, producer Bill Metoyer said, "I don't know if I should tell you."The album begins with an extended introduction of "Black Magic", followed by a small speech. The remaining tracks include both those of 1983's Show No Mercy and 1984's Haunting the Chapel. Ned Raggett of AllMusic gave the album two and a half out of five stars, and noted that it "isn't really necessary except for the hardest of hardcore fans.The seven-track live record was recorded in front of a room full of people in New York City in the autumn of 1984. It has been rumored that the crowd noise was added in a studio rather than recorded on stage. Joel McIver, author of The Bloody Reign of Slayer, asked Live Undead's producer/engineer Bill Metoyer, who had worked on the album in Los Angeles.Metoyer responded: "I don't know if I should tell you [if the crowd noises were faked]! Isn't that one of those great industry secrets? Let's just say that when you're doing a live record, you want live sound — even if perhaps the microphones didn't pick up the audience properly."Live Undead marked the beginning of a short association between Slayer and artist Albert Cueller. Cueller would design the sleeve image, which depicts the four band members as grinning, partially decayed zombies walking through a graveyard

Line-Up:

Tom Araya – bass, vocals
Jeff Hanneman – guitar
Kerry King – guitar
Dave Lombardo – drums

Bill Metoyer – producer engineer
Eddy Schreyer – remastering
Brian Ames – layout design
Albert Cueller – artwork, cover art

Tracklist:

01. Black Magic 3:58
02. Die By The Sword 4:03
03. Captor Of Sin 3:33
04. The Antichrist 3:13
05. Evil Has No Boundaries 2:58
06. Show No Mercy 3:03
07. Aggressive Perfector 2:30

+ Video "Live Undead" (Studio Version) (Audio Video)
+ Video "Live Undead" (Live Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Re: Slayer (USA)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 02 Jan 2015, 13:30

Slayer - Slaytanic Comeback! (1994)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1994
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 113 mb

Bio:

Slayer is an American thrash metal band formed in Huntington Park, California, in 1981, by guitarists Jeff Hanneman and Kerry King. Slayer rose to fame with their 1986 release Reign in Blood, and is credited as one of the "Big Four" thrash metal acts, along with Metallica, Megadeth and Anthrax. Slayer has never publicly revealed its worldwide sales, however between 1991 and 2004, the band sold more than 3.5 million albums in the U.S.Slayer's musical style involves fast tremolo picking, double bass drumming, riffs in irregular scales and shouted vocals. In the original line-up, King, bassist/vocalist Tom Araya and guitarist Jeff Hanneman contributed to the band's lyrics, and most of the band's music was created and arranged by King and Hanneman, with additional help from drummer Dave Lombardo and sometimes Araya.The band's lyrics and album art, which cover topics such as serial killers, insanity, Satanism, religion, anti-religion and warfare, have generated album bans, delays, lawsuits and criticism from religious groups and the public. Their music has been highly influential, often being cited by many bands as an influence musically, visually and lyrically.Since their debut album in 1983, the band has released two live albums, one box set, six videos, two extended plays, a covers album and ten studio albums, four of which have received gold certification in the United States. The band has received five Grammy nominations, winning one in 2007 for the song "Eyes of the Insane", and one in 2008 for the song "Final Six" (both from 2006's Christ Illusion). Slayer has played music festivals worldwide, including Unholy Alliance, Download and Ozzfest.

Album:

Live in Brazil,August 27,1994.

Line-Up:

Tom Araya – bass, vocals
Jeff Hanneman – guitar
Kerry King – guitar
Dave Lombardo – drums

Tracklist:

01. Hell Awaits 4:44
02. Antichrist 2:46
03. Mind Control 2:58
04. Postmortem 3:50
05. Raining Blood 2:11
06. Altar Of Sacrifice 2:47
07. Jesus Saves 2:49
08. Captor Of Sin 3:23
09. Seasons In The Abyss 5:59
10. Mandatory Suicide 4:04
11. War Ensemble 4:46
12. Angel Of Death 9:02

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 19 Feb 2015, 07:32

Slayer - Greatest Hits (2CD) (Japan Edition) (2014)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2014
Size : 198 mb

Bio:

Album:

Super collection on 2CD.

Line-Up:

Tom Araya – bass, vocals
Jeff Hanneman – guitar
Kerry King – guitar
Dave Lombardo – drums

Tracklist:

CD1:

01. Final Command
02. Crionics
03. The Antichrist
04. Fight Till Death
05. Behind The Crooked Cross
06. Dissident Aggressor
07. Spirit In Black
08. War Ensemble
09. Dittohead
10. Circle Of Beliefs
11. Abolish Government_Superficial Love

CD2:

01. Sick Boy
02. Mr. Freeze
03. God Send Death
04. New Faith
05. Addict
06. World Painted Blood
07. Snuff
08. Americon
09. Psychopathy Red
10. Not Of This God

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 05 Jan 2017, 12:19

Slayer - Show No Mercy (1983) Haunting The Chapel (EP) (1984) (Japan Remastered Edition 2004)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1983 + 1984 (Japan Remastered Edition 2004)
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans + Video
Size : 182 mb

Bio:

Album:

When Show No Mercy came out in 1983, I bet it scared the shit out of everyone. This is one of the most influential and remarkable albums to ever see the light of day. This may not be the first thrash metal album, for I think that would be Welcome to Hell, but I prefer this to any thrash release before or after it. This is a fucking masterpiece. Leather, bullet belts, pentagrams, upturned crosses, and fucking thrash. This album should be the one every new metalhead should start with. No bullshit, just blasphemous thrash metal. Lombardo’s drumming is, along with the riffs, the album's highlight. He has control over his drumming and while it may not be as fast as his contemporaries in hardcore or punk, it sticks to his objective, which is to blend in with the music. The vocals of Araya cannot be left out. His is one of the most unique voices in metal and is perfect for Slayer. He has always been a great vocalist and is apt for Slayer, though some may disagree. His bass lines are quite hard to hear, but that doesn't hinder me because the overall output is great.Now to the focal point of his release and that’s the guitar work: both the riffs and the massive solos. The riffs are really catchy for all the songs here. Seems they took a good amount of time to create the riffs and the solos. There's a lot of whammy-bar usage, which is pretty great and many bands like Possessed, for one, would make this an integral part of their sound. The solos are fast and tremolo-picked and at times melodic like the one in ‘The Antichrist’. There’s always been a comparison between Kill ‘Em All and Show No Mercy, as both are killer releases, but both of them are quite different from each other. Kill ‘Em All is speed metal pretty much while Show No Mercy is pure thrash.With anti-Christian lyrical themes and imagery, one hell of an album cover, and one of the most recognizable logos in metal, Show No Mercy was destined for greatness. The production is ideal in its overall sound, but the bass is nonexistent here. I don’t think the inaudibility of the bass is a huge let off, but I think this would’ve been better if the bass were audible. I think this release was immense and catapulted Slayer to the forefront of the US thrash metal scene, which was bearing seeds for the birth of monumental thrash metal releases in the future. I’m not sure if this is my favorite Slayer release or if it’s Reign in Blood, but I guess Show No Mercy edges out Reign in Blood considering the time of its release and its classy musicianship at such a young stage in the band’s career.All of the songs here are great and it’s really hard for me to pick one or two as my favorite tracks. This release has spawned a huge number of clones, but nothing in the highest sense of the word comes close to this monumental release. Show No Mercy is one of my favorite albums and one of the greatest thrash albums ever. If you call yourself a ‘thrash-head’ and you haven’t listened to this album (I wonder if there are such people), you should kill yourself because your life isn’t valuable. Die by the Sword!While this may not be Slayer's most important 1980s album, it is fucking great for what it is. There really isn't much music here. With only 4 songs ("Aggressive Perfector" was not included on the original release), it only reaches 17 minutes in length. That being said, Slayer still manages to get the job done in this short run time, and they do it well. "Haunting the Chapel" is a non-stop thrash fest. It actually differs quite a bit from the band's debut full-length album "Show No Mercy" which was released the previous year, about six months before this. That album leaned towards the NWOBHM sound quite heavily although it injected that sound with a bit of furious thrash metal. With "Haunting the Chapel", the band tried something a bit different.Unlike "Show No Mercy" which draws a lot of its sound from the aforementioned NWOBHM movement, "Haunting the Chapel" is a full-on thrash assault. This EP contains little of the once prominent NWOBHM influence and actually showcases some of the early sounds of death metal. Now this is still a thrash EP but the death metal influence is oh so obvious. It is much faster and, well, sound so much more brutal. This is definitely one of the heaviest recordings Slayer has ever produced. "Sinister" and "evil" really are perfect adjectives that can be used to describe this music. Basically this can be noted as a transitional piece between "Show No Mercy" and the band's next full-length, "Hell Awaits". "Chemical Warfare" is probably my favorite song on this EP. It starts off with a heavy, chugging riff at a moderate pace and then, out of nowhere, a blasphemous barrage of energetic thrash riffs explode in the listener's face. "Captor of Sin" begins with a solo which is a bit odd, and somewhat sloppy. I've never listened to Slayer for the solos as Kerry King must be one of the worst guitarists to listen to for soloing. His solos tend to be all over the place. On this EP, this is really no exception. I think his solos were the best on "Show No Mercy" which happens to be my second favorite Slayer album, following "Hell Awaits". Riff wise, however, this album totally shines. "Aggressive Perfector" totally retains that evil atmosphere and is a real rocker of a track, and comes on the CD's reissue. It features some slower, more groove oriented sections in comparison to the other three tracks.The drums follow the guitars unadulterated energy extremely closely. We have the typical thrash drumming that draws its roots in hardcore punk. Tom Araya's vocals actually differ slightly here from "Show No Mercy" in that they are far darker and sound more demented. The high-pitched wails are gone and in their place remains the barking vocals Tom will continue to use throughout Slayer's longevity. And due to this, another element of the NWOBHM movement has been abandoned and honestly because of the prototype hybridized death/thrash style this EP follows, this was for the best.I can't say this is the best thing Slayer has ever done, as I do prefer the energetic "Show No Mercy" and the acclaimed "Hell Awaits" a bit more than this. This EP could definitely have been longer but was a good taste and indicator of what would eventually become of Slayer's music. Plus, "Chemical Warfare" must be one of the greatest songs Slayer has ever recorded. This is definitely one of the more evil albums from these guys and likewise, continues to remain a fan favorite.

Line-Up:

Tom Araya Vocals, Bass
Kerry King Guitars, Lyrics (tracks 5, 6, 8-10)
Jeff Hanneman (R.I.P. 2013) Guitars, Lyrics (tracks 1-4, 7, 9)
Dave Lombardo Drums

Tracklist:

Show No Mercy (1983)

01. Evil Has No Boundaries
02. The Antichrist
03. Die By The Sword
04. Fight Till Death
05. Metalstorm / Face The Slayer
06. Black Magic
07. Tormentor
08. Final Command
09. Crionics
10. Show No Mercy

Haunting The Chapel (EP) (1984)

01. Chemical Warfare
02. Captor Of Sin
03. Haunting The Chapel
04. Aggressive Perfector

+ Video "Show No Mercy" (Live Holland 1985)

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 31 Mar 2023, 08:51

Slayer - Repentless + When The Stillness Comes (EP) (2015)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2015
Audio : 320 kbps + front + Videos
Size : 133 mb

Info:

Album:

The forthcoming new album will be the eleventh studio album by American Thrash Metal band Slayer. It will be the first Slayer album without Jeff Hanneman since his passing in 2013. It is also the first Slayer album to feature Paul Bostaph since 2001's God Hates Us All. It will be the first album to feature guitarist Gary Holt, who was chosen to fill in for Hanneman. The album is expected to be released August 2015 and will be the band's first album to be released on Nuclear Blast.When asked in May 2011 if Slayer was going to make a follow-up to World Painted Blood, then-Slayer drummer Dave Lombardo replied that although nothing had been written yet, there were "definitely plans".In early 2011, guitarist Jeff Hanneman contracted necrotizing fasciitis. Reports linked this illness with a spider bite he claimed to have received while in a friend's hot tub.When asked about a new record,bassist Tom Araya stated that any work would have to wait until Hanneman had recovered.On February 20, 2013, it was announced that Lombardo would not take part in Slayer's Australia tour due to contractual disputes, and his place would be taken by former drummer Jon Dette.Being interviewed in late February by Soundwave TV,guitarist Kerry King elaborated more on the personnel status for the album. He expressed doubt as to who might produce the album, saying that Metallica had producer Greg Fidelman "monopolized". Additionally, the continued absence of Hanneman and a contract dispute with Lombardo (which resulted in his being replaced on the Australian tour by Dette)further contributed to the uncertainty. Lombardo's permanent replacement was later announced to be Paul Bostaph,who was previously the band's drummer from 1992-2001, appearing on several albums.On May 2, 2013, Hanneman died of liver failure in a Los Angeles hospital.A week later, the official cause of death was announced as alcohol-related cirrhosis. Hanneman and his family had apparently been unaware of the extent of condition until shortly before his death.King has announced his desire for the band to continue, but Araya was more uncertain, stating, "After 30 years, it would literally be like starting over," and expressing doubts that Slayer's fanbase would approve of such a change.In March 2015, Araya revealed that the band had recorded one song prior to Hanneman's passing, and that the song will appear on the album.In an interview, King described "Chasing Death" as being about alcoholism: "it's like people who drink too much. They don't help themselves out so they're chasing death." He explained "Implode" as being about the end of the world.The album could feature material written by Hanneman prior to his passing. Araya has explained that Hanneman had two songs that he submitted to the rest of the band. One song was an outtake from World Painted Blood, which Araya said that he and Hanneman had been working on melody and lyrics for. Additionally, Araya has said that he plans to go through Hanneman's personal audio files, and that some of that material could also find its way onto the new album in one form or another.One song, mentioned by King in an interview, is "Piano Wire", an unfinished track that Hanneman had been working on for the previous album. King also mentioned that there were two other songs that Hanneman had been holding onto for the last 15 to 20 years that will be released.In October 2014, the band revealed plans to release a new song, entitled "When the Stillness Comes", via Scion AV, an "in-house record label and lifestyle marketing division" of Toyota's Scion brand.The song was released for Record Store Day on April 18, 2015.

Line-Up:

Tom Araya – vocals, bass guitar
Kerry King – guitar
Gary Holt – guitar
Paul Bostaph – drums

Production:

Greg Fidelman – production
Terry Date – production

Tracklist:

01. Repentless
02. When The Stillness Comes
03. Black Magic (Live at Wacken 2014)

+ Video "Repentless" (Official Video)
+ Video "When The Stillness Comes" (Official Track)

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 31 Mar 2023, 09:14

Slayer - Cast The First Stone (SP) + When The Stillness Comes (EP) (2015)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Audio : 320 kbps + front + Videos
Size : 133 mb

Bio:

Album:

The forthcoming new album will be the eleventh studio album by American Thrash Metal band Slayer. It will be the first Slayer album without Jeff Hanneman since his passing in 2013. It is also the first Slayer album to feature Paul Bostaph since 2001's God Hates Us All. It will be the first album to feature guitarist Gary Holt, who was chosen to fill in for Hanneman. The album is expected to be released August 2015 and will be the band's first album to be released on Nuclear Blast.When asked in May 2011 if Slayer was going to make a follow-up to World Painted Blood, then-Slayer drummer Dave Lombardo replied that although nothing had been written yet, there were "definitely plans".In early 2011, guitarist Jeff Hanneman contracted necrotizing fasciitis. Reports linked this illness with a spider bite he claimed to have received while in a friend's hot tub.When asked about a new record,bassist Tom Araya stated that any work would have to wait until Hanneman had recovered.On February 20, 2013, it was announced that Lombardo would not take part in Slayer's Australia tour due to contractual disputes, and his place would be taken by former drummer Jon Dette.Being interviewed in late February by Soundwave TV,guitarist Kerry King elaborated more on the personnel status for the album. He expressed doubt as to who might produce the album, saying that Metallica had producer Greg Fidelman "monopolized". Additionally, the continued absence of Hanneman and a contract dispute with Lombardo (which resulted in his being replaced on the Australian tour by Dette)further contributed to the uncertainty. Lombardo's permanent replacement was later announced to be Paul Bostaph,who was previously the band's drummer from 1992-2001, appearing on several albums.On May 2, 2013, Hanneman died of liver failure in a Los Angeles hospital.A week later, the official cause of death was announced as alcohol-related cirrhosis. Hanneman and his family had apparently been unaware of the extent of condition until shortly before his death.King has announced his desire for the band to continue, but Araya was more uncertain, stating, "After 30 years, it would literally be like starting over," and expressing doubts that Slayer's fanbase would approve of such a change.In March 2015, Araya revealed that the band had recorded one song prior to Hanneman's passing, and that the song will appear on the album.In an interview, King described "Chasing Death" as being about alcoholism: "it's like people who drink too much. They don't help themselves out so they're chasing death." He explained "Implode" as being about the end of the world.The album could feature material written by Hanneman prior to his passing. Araya has explained that Hanneman had two songs that he submitted to the rest of the band. One song was an outtake from World Painted Blood, which Araya said that he and Hanneman had been working on melody and lyrics for. Additionally, Araya has said that he plans to go through Hanneman's personal audio files, and that some of that material could also find its way onto the new album in one form or another.One song, mentioned by King in an interview, is "Piano Wire", an unfinished track that Hanneman had been working on for the previous album. King also mentioned that there were two other songs that Hanneman had been holding onto for the last 15 to 20 years that will be released.In October 2014, the band revealed plans to release a new song, entitled "When the Stillness Comes", via Scion AV, an "in-house record label and lifestyle marketing division" of Toyota's Scion brand.The song was released for Record Store Day on April 18, 2015.

Line-Up:

Kerry King – guitar
Gary Holt – guitar
Paul Bostaph – drums

Production:

Terry Date – production

Tracklist:

01. Repentless
02. When The Stillness Comes
03. Black Magic (Live at Wacken 2014)
04. Cast The First Stone

+ Video "When The Stillness Comes" (Official Track)

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 31 Mar 2023, 09:16

Slayer - Repentless (Limited Edition Digipak) (2015)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Size : 144 mb

Bio:

Album:

Line-Up:

Kerry King – guitar
Gary Holt – guitar
Paul Bostaph – drums

Production:

Terry Date – production

Tracklist:

01. Delusions Of Saviour 1:55
02. Repentless 3:19
03. Take Control 3:13
04. Vices 3:32
05 .Cast The First Stone 3:43
06. When The Stillness Comes 4:20
07. Chasing Death 3:44
08. Implode 3:49
09. Piano Wire 2:48
10. Atrocity Vendor 2:54
11. You Against You 4:20
12. Pride In Prejudice 4:13

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 31 Mar 2023, 09:17

Slayer - Repentless (2CD) (Limited Edition Box Set) (2015)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Size : 305 mb

Bio:

Album:

Line-Up:

Kerry King – guitar
Gary Holt – guitar
Paul Bostaph – drums

Production:

Terry Date – production

Tracklist:

CD1: Repentless

01. Delusions Of Saviour (Instrumental)
02. Repentless
03. Take Control
04. Vices
05. Cast The First Stone
06. When The Stillness Comes
07. Chasing Death
08. Implode
09. Piano Wire
10. Atrocity Vendor
11. You Against You
12. Pride In Prejudice

CD2: Live At Wacken' 2014

01. Intro
02. Hell Awaits
03. The Antichrist
04. Mandatory Suicide
05. Hate Worldwide
06. War Ensemble
07. Postmortem
08. Captor Of Sin
09. Disciple
10. Seasons In The Abyss
11. Born Of Fire
12. Dead Skin Mask
13. Raining Blood
14. Black Magic
15. South Of Heaven
16. Angel Of Death

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 31 Mar 2023, 09:17

Slayer - The Repentless Killogy - Live (2CD) (Limited Edition Digipak) (2019)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2019
Size : 205 mb

Bio:

Album:

On 22nd January 2018, there was an immense explosion of grief in the heavy metal underground. Fans shed tears and social media ignited with anguish as Slayer – the perennial thrash metal antagonists – announced that they would be retiring after one last, grandiose world tour.This self-professed ‘Final Campaign’ marks the end of a near-four-decade-long career, during which time the quartet have consistently been purveyors of unrepentant brutality.All of this makes Slayer’s 12th album, 2015’s Repentless, their appropriately-titled swan song. Despite being released during their twilight years – after the respective death and departure of founding members Jeff Hanneman and Dave Lombardo – the disc is one that celebrated Slayer in a flurry of riff-laden excess.Every song was unrelentingly loud, fast and angry, and Repentless’s three supremely gory music videos only accentuated that. Now, as Slayer’s touring for the album – and their lives as a whole – wraps up, they’ve marked the occasion by extending those video clips into a narrative-driven short film: The Repentless Killogy.Fundamentally, The Repentless Killogy is Slayer’s answer to Metallica’s own fiction cinematic venture, Through the Never: both films integrate the band’s music and live performance into an otherwise unrelated made-up story. And while this fusion made Through the Never an awkward and confusing experience, The Repentless Killogy is awkward, confusing and offensive!The film is a revenge tale as generic as they come, derivative of the B-movie splatter you’d find in I Spit on Your Grave and Kill Bill. It follows protagonist Wyatt as he hunts down his old Nazi gang as payback for them killing his nameless wife/girlfriend/lover/baby-mama and, by extension, his unborn child. Why did he leave the gang? Who knows! Does he still believe in those Nazi values? Who cares! The film sure doesn't… What follows this stupidly archaic woman-in-the-refrigerator setup is a bloodbath of unintentionally comedic proportions, loosely connected by clumsy edits. Rather than live up to its mission statement and expand the three Repentless music videos into one cohesive story, The Repentless Killogy simply plays the trio back-to-back, separated only by lazy “One week later…” intertitles.It then indulges in a lengthy, tagged-on epilogue devoid of any Slayer music whatsoever, bar 30 seconds of Angel of Death. There’s no sense of progression, with each scene focussing solely on providing one grisly gang member kill, to the point where they could be screened out of order and nobody would notice.This wouldn’t be a problem if the gore was well-executed. After all, this is clearly what the film is emphasising – murder is even more heavily featured than Slayer themselves! But, despite The Repentless Killogy portraying itself in a deadly serious light, most of its on-screen kills are either pedestrian (a simple, well-placed axe to the head) or so out-of-the-box they become hilarious (cleanly decapitating someone with an inches-thick tow-rope).As a story, as a blood-soaked showcase and as a platform for Slayer themselves, The Repentless Killogy flops harder than the multitude of corpses it features falling to the cold, viscera-covered floor. However, once its end credits wrap, there is a gigantic saving grace: a complete, 90-minute Slayer live show. All pretenses are dropped as cinemagoers are suddenly whisked into the band’s 2017 headlining performance at Los Angeles’ The Forum arena.This is the point where The Repentless Killogy ascends from a zero to a 10. Slayer have spent their entire, 40-year tenure being adored by metal fans for unapologetically just being Slayer: fast and heavy, no frills, and no ifs, ands or buts. So it’s almost symbolic that their film’s post-credits fallout, which is nothing but Slayer playing their music on their terms with no interruption, is easily its best part.Among a visual onslaught of hellfire and inverted crosses, these unholy antiheroes arrive, flaunting their to-the-point appeal as they barrel through Repentless, The Antichrist and Disciple with lethal precision. This sets the tone for an hour-and-a-half that never loses momentum, captured by intimate camerawork and perfect sound mixing.The video editing is overly erratic in these opening moments, initially failing to capture the grandeur of Slayer’s immense backdrop and pyrotechnics, but it mercifully mellows as the concert continues.War Ensemble remains an ever-reliable highlight, appearing early in the evening to provide a jolt of sheer adrenaline. This is only accentuated by its introduction, in which frontman Tom Araya cuts through an ominous blackness with a cathartic, powerful roar. Fom there, it’s one volleying thrash classic after the next, with the odd newer deep cut emerging but still able to hold its own in terms of moshpit-aggravating energy.Overall, The Repentless Killogy is an incredibly mixed bag. On the one hand, you have the film itself, which singlehandedly embodies every single stereotype held against heavy metal. It's unsympathetic, mindlessly violent, sloppily executed, male-orientated melodrama that spits in the face of the more open and diverse subculture that recent workhorses such as Venom Prison and Ithaca are ceaselessly grinding to cultivate.On the other hand is the Slayer concert: a worthy tribute to a legendary band and to the power our genre can wield when standing on its own two feet without any interference.The live portion of this release is worth the price of admission alone, but if you're looking for an amazing, violent revenge thriller with a decent soundtrack, stick John Wick on.

Line-Up:

Kerry King – guitar
Gary Holt – guitar
Paul Bostaph – drums

Production:

Terry Date – production

Tracklist:

CD1:

01. Delusions Of Saviour
02. Repentless
03. The Antichrist
04. Disciple
05. Postmortem
06. Hate Worldwide
07. War Ensemble
08. When The Stillness Comes
09. You Against You
10. Mandatory Suicide
11. Hallowed Point
12. Dead Skin Mask

CD2:

01. Born Of Fire
02. Cast The First Stone
03. Bloodline
04. Seasons In The Abyss
05. Hell Awaits
06. South Of Heaven
07. Raining Blood
08. Chemical Warfare
09. Angel Of Death

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 31 Mar 2023, 09:18

Slayer - Show No Mercy (1983) (Metal Blade Records Remastered Edition 2021)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1983 (Metal Blade Records Remastered Edition 2021)
Size : 118 mb

Bio:

Album:

Show No Mercy is the debut studio album by American thrash metal band Slayer, released on December 3, 1983, by Metal Blade Records. Brian Slagel signed the band to the label after watching them perform the song "Phantom of the Opera" by Iron Maiden. The band self-financed their full-length debut, combining the savings of vocalist Tom Araya, who was employed as a respiratory therapist, and money borrowed from guitarist Kerry King's father. Touring extensively promoting the album, the band brought close friends and family members along the trip, who helped backstage with lighting and sound.Although the album was criticized for its poor production quality, it became Metal Blade's highest-selling release, producing the songs "The Antichrist", "Die by the Sword" and "Black Magic", which were played at Slayer's live shows regularly.Slayer has been a favorite band for hundreds and thousands, if not tens of millions of people worldwide. There is a great reason for that, no band in the history of metal has been able to capture the suffering of the human soul, the torturous pain that it goes through during difficult stages of life. However, when you read that previous sentence, you do not think "Oh, yes, I agree. Show No Mercy does just that.". You think Hell Awaits, Reign in Blood, South of Heaven, perhaps Seasons in the Abyss do that, if you are a die-hard Slayer fan, like me. If to you, Slayer is just "another" band that you like, you may be only thinking Reign in Blood. This record, in terms of style and sounding, is completely disconnected from Slayer's later discography, but it is not a problem at all. It is a different type of Slayer that is just as memorable and amazing as the later, hatred-based Slayer.The band with this album started out playing speed metal with some occasional thrash metal-like elements. Back in 1983, the style was not yet completely defined. It's highly controversial who "created" the genre, so it's not worth talking about it, because there really is no right or wrong answer. Nobody "created" any genre, they all evolved. If you are aware of the origins of the genre, you can not deny (unless you are stupid) that this album played a major role in the evolvement of thrash metal music. The signs of thrash metal, the fast pace, the destructive riffing, the continuously crushing, loud hi-hat, the barking vocals appeared on this record, for one of the first times in the history of music.Having the importance and significance of the record out of the way, let's talk about the musicianship. The first actual, LP-appearance of the legendary quartet, Tom Araya, Jeff Hanneman, Kerry King, and Dave Lombardo. The guitar work, if you look at it from a reasonable, objective point of view, is the best guitar work in all of Slayer's history. The riffs are the most sophisticated and most melodic out of all of Slayer's records. Some of the catchiest Slayer songs can be found on this record, including but not limited to "Fight Till Death", "Black Magic", "Tormentor". The riffs are very well thought out, well-articulated and they work magnificently with the theme and atmosphere of the record. Oh, and let's not forget the lead work. Here, the two guys actually put some real meaning, some sense behind those solos. Listen to the solos of "Tormentor", and/or "The Final Command". They are actually really well-written, advanced solos.Besides the excellent, melodic, clever guitar work, the rest of the band is not bad either. Dave Lombardo was an outstanding drummer even back in this time. Though the style of the music did not allow him to go above and beyond what was expected like later (insane filling and brutal double-bass sections with some ultra-high BPM just don't go well with melodic speed metal, not that I know of) you can tell that he really knew what he was doing. His understanding of what would and would not work when the riffs change, and when the tempo changes is very high. Tom Araya's bass is very audible, which is one sentence you will not often read. Besides his well-fitting bass lines, his vocals are excellent as well. It is true that his vocals have been the same for decades, but I freaking love his vocals, so to me, it is no problem. Everyone on the record is putting on a show.The lyrics don't really need to be mentioned, because there is not a lot of meaning behind them. Darkness, evil, Satan, blah blah blah. Lyrics are really not the reason why this record is amazing. The production to me is perfectly acceptable, moreover, very good for the year it was released in. The audio quality is perfect. Each instrument is perfectly balanced, along with the vocals.Let's conclude this masterpiece. Is this album the most virtuoso, most technically advanced thrash metal record of all time? Not by a damn long shot. Is this the fastest? No. Is it the one with the most meaningful, deepest message? Absolutely not. Then why the hell does it get 100%!? Because it is FUN! The catchiness, the melodies, the badass riffs, the beautiful solos, the "cool", not yet frightening appearance of evil, everything creates a picture that I just love. I put this album on, and I'll start to headbang along in 5 seconds, all the way until the end. I keep coming back to this record from time to time to listen to it again, and it only gets better with every listen. I know every move by now, but it just never gets old. It is a dose of true, honest, authentic (it really doesn't get more OG than this), original metal, that will never be surpassed.

Line-Up:

Tom Araya - Vocals, Bass
Kerry King - Lyrics (tracks 1, 5, 6, 8-10), Guitars, Songwriting (tracks 1, 2, 5, 6, 8-10)
Jeff Hanneman - Songwriting (tracks 2-9), Lyrics (tracks 1-4, 7, 9), Guitars (R.I.P. 2013)
Dave Lombardo - Drums

Production:

Brian Slagel – executive production
Bill Metoyer – engineering, mixing

Tracklist:

01. Evil Has No Boundaries 03:12
02. The Antichrist 02:50
03. Die by the Sword 03:37
04. Fight till Death 03:40
05. Metal Storm / Face the Slayer 04:55
06. Black Magic 04:07
07. Tormentor 03:46
08. The Final Command 02:33
09. Crionics 03:30
10. Show No Mercy 03:08

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Návrat na "THRASH Metal, SPEED Metal, GROOVE Metal"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 16 neregistrovaných