Rascal (POLAND)

Thrash Metal, Speed Metal, Groove Metal.....
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Rascal (POLAND)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 15 Nov 2023, 12:46

Rascal - Lost Beyond Reason (2023)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2023
Style : Speed Metal , Heavy Metal
Audio : 320 kbps + front
Size : 102 mb

Bio:

Speed metal band from Warsaw, Poland. Established in 2019. Our music orbits around new wave of speed metal with classic heavy and thrash metal influences infused with eclectic music taste of band's main composers. High pitched vocals, guitar solos and fast riffs are what Rascal is all about. Lyrics focus mainly on social, political and psychological issues (together with random nonsense).

Album:

A little while ago, I reviewed the EP Headed Towards Destruction by the heavy/speed/power metal band Rascal from Poland, and I said that it would be nice to see the band take their musicianship to a higher level when their first full-length comes out. Well, I guess my prayers have been answered. On November 10th 2023, Rascal released their first full-length album Lost Beyond Reason via Ossuary Records, which will be the topic of this review.Just like on their previous release, the band has taken the fast and melodic heavy/speed metal approach with their new songs, however this time it seems that they've taken all the key elements in their music a bar higher then what they had previously done. The overall song structure contains the traditional speed and heavy metal riffing, powerful guitar solos with sweep picking, fast drumming with wall breaking double-bass drumming, high pitch vocals, which is the standard formula incorporated by most heavy/speed metal bands. You will still hear the influences of 80's heavy, speed and power metal bands like Judas Priest and Helloween, but with a couple of twists that will be mentioned further in this review. Although there isn't really any stylistic departure from the Headed Towards Destruction EP, the new songs however feel much more energetic and wilder as if they have been injected with an extra dose of speed and steroids with the intention of blowing out your speakers. The song title that perfectly summarizes how much this album has taken a further step is the third track "The Faster the Better", and it even seems like the title was meant to be a subtle hint at the band's approach to songwriting.The riffs and the solos are much crazier than what they used to be, like the band simply decided to hit the gas in order to go above the limit and exceed any expectation. The best examples that I can give are the thrash metal moments on "Born to Kill" and "Slow Burner", including other bits like the brief harsh growling vocals on "Conquest" and "Soldiers of Hell", the reverse blast beat drumming and black metal-like tremolo picking on the final track "Into the Night", all of which gives these songs more dirt and aggression. Speaking of things going above their limit, even the overall vocal performance is much more grand, especially on the title track "Lost Beyond Reason" where the singing feels quite epic and powerful than on any other song. When observing everything about the overall musical execution to the smallest bit, it's nothing too fancy for some people out there, but I still think that it is quite impressive for such minimal work that's done right. You might be thinking that this is just another typical heavy/speed metal album that doesn't do anything new, but you simply cannot deny the fact that this album has got balls of steel that this subgenre obviously requires in order to fulfil its priority task of sounding heavy. loud and fast. The sound production of this album does immense justice to the entire instrumental and vocal work, and is definitely a step further from the production of Headed Towards Destruction.So in the end, were my prayers answered for Rascal's new album? Indeed, they were. Lost Beyond Reason did a good job at fulfilling and also exceeding my expectations, proving that it was worth the wait and that it's another great addition among countless heavy/speed metal albums that have been released this year. If you are in the need for some heavy/speed metal action with some unexpected twists, check out Rascal's album Lost Beyond Reason and behold the wild energy that it transcends.

Line-Up:

Kacper Pędziszewski - Vocals (2019-present)
Krystian Grobel - Bass (2019-present)
Adrian Wiązowski - Guitars (2019-present)
Maciej Zybura - Guitars (2019-present)
Krzysztof Kamiński - Drums (2019-present)

Tracklist:

01. Approaching the Storm 01:22
02. Trapped Within the Lightning 04:26
03. The Faster the Better 04:17
04. Running Out of Air 05:47
05. Prelude to Violence 01:05 instrumental
06. Born to Kill 03:08
07. Lost Beyond Reason 05:33
08. Conquest 03:47
09. Slow Burner 05:20
10. Soldiers of Hell 04:48
11. Into the Night 04:52

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "THRASH Metal, SPEED Metal, GROOVE Metal"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 79 neregistrovaných