C.I.A. (USA)

Thrash Metal, Speed Metal, Groove Metal.....
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

C.I.A. (USA)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 27 Sep 2023, 07:26

C.I.A. - In The Red (1990)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1990
Style : Thrash Metal , Heavy Metal
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 79 mb

Bio:

Heavy/Thrash Metal with Hardcore influences band from United States, New York.Band formed in 1989.

Glenn Evans - long-standing drummer for the New York-based thrash band Nuclear Assault. He's played drums on every Nuclear Assault release, with the exception of their 1984 demo."The CIA 'Attitude' album was recorded in a period of my life when things were beginning to fall apart — my marriage, Nuclear Assault, and life in general. Everyone has those periods in their life at one time or another. I had a lot of emotions flowing through me and the easiest way to get them out was through music. I was proud of it then, and I'm proud of it now. It never really had a proper release, and this time around it will."

Album:

Nuclear Assault were regarded as one of the progenitors of the east coast thrash movement along with Overkill, Anthrax, Whiplash and a few others. One of the individuals who played a vital role in their brutal sound was the drum battery, Glenn Evans. C.I.A happens to be a side project of his on which Glenn wanted to try out something different while still retaining much of the thrash crunch of NA. There are definite hardcore influences drawn from NYHC. The result overall is good but rather patchy and sometimes becomes a bit of a head scratcher. Glenn does a decent job in handling the duties on the instruments though with some able back up from fellow NA bandmates Anthony Bramante and Dan Lilker but his vocals are definitely a weak point.The production is good with a lot of emphasis given to the sound of the drums (for obvious reasons). As far as the guitar riffs are concerned, they are all over the place in way that you listen to one good riff and you’ll have to wait a little to hear the next good one. But as far as the catchiness is concerned, I won’t deny that there are quite a few moments where you will find some rather interesting stuff. “Extinction” has a rather 80s inspired thrash riff with some good if not killer bass fills in the beginning and the middle and is arguably the best song on the album. The title track and “Buried Alive” are two other songs that sound good with the latter having a pretty good guitar solo. The rest of the album meanders towards average heavy metal with just a thing or two that keeps the level of interest somewhat high. The ballad “Samantha” is something that could have been good, had the lyrical content and music been worked upon a little more but just ends up becoming a throwaway track.Basically this release is not meant for anyone who’s looking to listen to an absolute stunner of a record with lasting value. I would go as far to say that this should only be checked out by listeners of thrash and crossover who favor some good headbangable moments over lyrics. Moreover, if you like Nuclear Assault, there’s no reason why you wouldn’t like this.

Line-Up:

Glenn Evans - Vocals, Guitars (rhythm), Bass, Drums - See also: ex-Nuclear Assault, ex-Steffan Rodd, ex-Harter Attack, ex-TT Quick
Dave DiPietro - Guitars (lead) - See also: TT Quick, ex-Nuclear Assault, ex-Prophet

Tracklist:

01. Extinction 03:09
02. Natas 03:25
03. In the Red 03:46
04. Buried Alive 03:06
05. N.A.S.A. 03:55
06. Mind over Matter 03:04
07. Flight 103 03:46
08. Moby Dick Part 2 02:10 instrumental
09. Turn to Stone 02:58
10. Samantha 03:50

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "THRASH Metal, SPEED Metal, GROOVE Metal"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 78 neregistrovaných