Flotsam And Jetsam (USA)

Thrash Metal, Speed Metal, Groove Metal.....
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Flotsam And Jetsam (USA)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 29 Jan 2016, 06:13

Flotsam And Jetsam - When The Storm Comes Down (1990)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1990
Style : Thrash Metal
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans + Video
Size : 141 mb

Info:

Flotsam and Jetsam is a thrash metal band that formed in Phoenix, Arizona in 1981.The group was founded in 1981 under the name “Paradox” by drummer Kelly David-Smith and guitarists Pete Mello and Dave Goulder, who were later joined by bassist Jason Newsted. Jason had answered a newspaper ad that Kelly had placed in the local newspaper looking for a bass player. Jason came to Phoenix with his band "Gangster" from Michigan on their way to California, but Gangster broke up while in Phoenix. Kelly got a call from a couple of his high school friends, Mark Vasquez and Kevin Horton, looking for some people to jam with playing covers of bands such as Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, MSG, and UFO. The band then morphed into “Dredlox” together with the new recruits, Jason was now the main vocalist.Kelly saw "A.K." (Eric A. Knutson) singing "The Goodbye Girl" at his high school talent show. In 1982 they were in the same summer school class and Kelly asked Knutson if he wanted to audition. They put him on 2-week probation and he later joined the band. Due to the provisional nature of his membership, the band referred to Knutson as "the 2 weeker." Ed Carlson, from another local rival band called Exodus (not to be confused with the California Bay Area thrash metal band of the same name), also joined in 1983 after Kevin departure from the band. The name of the band changed into "The Dogz", but it didn't last long. Eventually the band renamed itself 'Flotsam and Jetsam' after writing a song inspired from a chapter of J. R. R. Tolkien's The Two Towers.The band made its live debuts in local clubs and in California and had the opportunity to play with bands such as Megadeth, Armored Saint, Alcatrazz, Malice, Exciter, Mercyful Fate, Riot, Autograph. In 1985 Mark Vasquez stepped out and 17-year-old Michael Gilbert joined the band. Flotsam and Jetsam released two demo tapes Iron Tears and Metal Shock in 1985.They created their first video Hammerhead from the Metal Shock demo: "We taped it in Jason and Ed's apartment living room. We also made a live video at the infamous Bootlegger in Phoenix",(owned by Gloria Cavelara "1985", currently married to Max Cavelera) These videos and the band's demos made a good impression on record labels. After the band contributed to the Speed Metal Hell II and Metal Massacre VII compilations, they then signed a deal with Metal Blade Records.Michael Spencer stepped out shortly after the European tour, his replacement was Troy Gregory, in May of the next year the band released its second opus No Place for Disgrace. According to Michael Spencer, No Place for Disgrace was going to be called Blessing in Disguise, but after his departure, Flotsam's former A&R Michael Alago let Metal Church (who was also on Elektra at the time) use that name for their third album, which was eventually released in February 1989.[6] No Place for Disgrace includes a cover of Elton John's hit "Saturday Night's Alright for Fighting" and therefore a video was shot. The band opened for King Diamond in America and supported Megadeth, Testament and Sanctuary in Europe on the So Far, So Good... So What! tour.Flotsam and Jetsam signed a new deal with mega-giants MCA/Universal in 1989 and began work on their third album When the Storm Comes Down, released in May 1990. The band expected to gain recognition with this album, but it suffered from a variety of mixed reviews.In June 2013 the band headlined at the Warriors of Metal Festival in Columbus Ohio, then returning home, Flotsam hired manager Jeff Keller(JKM). His roster includes the likes of: UDO, Destruction, Lordi, Hirax, Primal Fear, Satan, Suicidal Angels.In 2006 after the successful remix and master of the debut album “Doomsday for the Deceiver”, there was a lot of fan requests to have “No Place for Disgrace” follow the same process. After spending some time at the 25 year mark, the band decided to go forward with this idea. The band had some issues with the original production and definition of some of the parts played, due to the speed it was recorded at. Having had success with Ugly Noise through the PledgeMusic process, the band would be able to again gain the rights to this classic with a re-recording and some minor changes.In the middle of 2013 Flotsam embarked in this monumental task of reviving some songs that for the most part hadn’t been played in 20 years. All tracks (except drums) were done at the Flotsam studio with Michael Gilbert at the helm. In December the project was finished and the re-recording of the classic album "No Place For Disgrace", was again released using PledgeMusic to finance the project.The album, No Place For Disgrace 2014, is set to release on Feb 14th, 2014 world wide through Metal Blade Records distribution. NPFD will feature some of Flotsam's friends from the past as guest musicians, Mark Simpson, Chris Poland, Tory Edwards.Flotsam is currently ramping up for their (29 show) European tour with Sepultura, Legion of the Damned and Mortillery. The tour kick's off on Feb 7th in Bochum, Germany.

Album:

When the Storm Comes Down is the third studio album by Flotsam and Jetsam, released in 1990. It was the last album with Troy Gregory on bass guitar. Gregory left in 1991 to join the New York based urban metal band Prong.It was re-released on June 10, 2008, by Metal Mind Productions. This release is remastered with a bonus track and limited to 2000 copies. The re-release also contains new packaging and liner notes from the band members Eric A.K. and Ed Carlson.Whoo. When my friend first popped this album in since she had just bought it as a blind purchase from a bargain bin, I had no idea what to expect. Most likely boring paint by numbers thrash. But instantly it hit me, this was thrash, and maybe average to most, but the riffs were just knocking my socks off the entire time. I enjoyed every song, and just when I thought it couldn't get better, it did. This is mostly due to:THE RIFFS. Holy hell they are catchy, same kind of style a band like Pro-Pain would use for an instant hook. Only difference is a riff is never played too long as song will always keep you interested in what's next or if the kick ass riff you just heard will come back around. Just like any good thrasher.THE BASS. Yes. They really nailed it here with superb production and a thick bass tone that is right with every mammoth riff. Excellently played and the album uses this to maximum potential.The only negative of the album would be Eric A.K.'s fucked up voice. At first I thought I'd have to deal with an Agent Steel/Helstar kind of wailer, after hearing the big entrance scream in The Master Sleeps (i think that's track 1) but eventually he calmed down into a better than average thrash vocalist. Granted he would get MUCH better on the next album, but here he is tolerable thanks to the excellent music. If you dig F&J, GET THIS.

Line-Up:

Eric A.K. Vocals (lead)
Edward Carlson Guitars, Vocals (backing)
Michael Gilbert Guitars, Vocals (backing)
Troy Gregory Bass, Vocals (backing)
Kelly Smith Drums, Vocals (backing)

Tracklist:

1. The Master Sleeps 04:35
2. Burned Device 06:26
3. Deviation 03:04
4. October Thorns 05:33
5. No More Fun 03:45
6. Suffer the Masses 06:05
7. 6, Six, VI 05:05
8. Greed 04:24
9. E.M.T.E.K. 05:49
10. Scars 04:14
11. K.A.B. 00:25 instrumental

+ Video "Suffer The Masses" (Official Video)

Please my link you can´t spread further and don´t upload to other hostings!!!

Obrázok

Remember! if You like the release, buy the original CD. Support the artists!

All download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Re: Flotsam And Jetsam (USA)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 05 Sep 2018, 06:56

Flotsam And Jetsam - Flotsam And Jetsam (Japan Edition) (2016)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2016 (Japan Edition)
Style : Thrash Metal
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans + Video
Size : 141 mb

Bio:

Flotsam and Jetsam is a thrash metal band that formed in Phoenix, Arizona in 1981.The group was founded in 1981 under the name “Paradox” by drummer Kelly David-Smith and guitarists Pete Mello and Dave Goulder, who were later joined by bassist Jason Newsted. Jason had answered a newspaper ad that Kelly had placed in the local newspaper looking for a bass player. Jason came to Phoenix with his band "Gangster" from Michigan on their way to California, but Gangster broke up while in Phoenix. Kelly got a call from a couple of his high school friends, Mark Vasquez and Kevin Horton, looking for some people to jam with playing covers of bands such as Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, MSG, and UFO. The band then morphed into “Dredlox” together with the new recruits, Jason was now the main vocalist.Kelly saw "A.K." (Eric A. Knutson) singing "The Goodbye Girl" at his high school talent show. In 1982 they were in the same summer school class and Kelly asked Knutson if he wanted to audition. They put him on 2-week probation and he later joined the band. Due to the provisional nature of his membership, the band referred to Knutson as "the 2 weeker." Ed Carlson, from another local rival band called Exodus (not to be confused with the California Bay Area thrash metal band of the same name), also joined in 1983 after Kevin departure from the band. The name of the band changed into "The Dogz", but it didn't last long. Eventually the band renamed itself 'Flotsam and Jetsam' after writing a song inspired from a chapter of J. R. R. Tolkien's The Two Towers.The band made its live debuts in local clubs and in California and had the opportunity to play with bands such as Megadeth, Armored Saint, Alcatrazz, Malice, Exciter, Mercyful Fate, Riot, Autograph. In 1985 Mark Vasquez stepped out and 17-year-old Michael Gilbert joined the band. Flotsam and Jetsam released two demo tapes Iron Tears and Metal Shock in 1985.They created their first video Hammerhead from the Metal Shock demo: "We taped it in Jason and Ed's apartment living room. We also made a live video at the infamous Bootlegger in Phoenix",(owned by Gloria Cavelara "1985", currently married to Max Cavelera) These videos and the band's demos made a good impression on record labels. After the band contributed to the Speed Metal Hell II and Metal Massacre VII compilations, they then signed a deal with Metal Blade Records.Michael Spencer stepped out shortly after the European tour, his replacement was Troy Gregory, in May of the next year the band released its second opus No Place for Disgrace. According to Michael Spencer, No Place for Disgrace was going to be called Blessing in Disguise, but after his departure, Flotsam's former A&R Michael Alago let Metal Church (who was also on Elektra at the time) use that name for their third album, which was eventually released in February 1989.[6] No Place for Disgrace includes a cover of Elton John's hit "Saturday Night's Alright for Fighting" and therefore a video was shot. The band opened for King Diamond in America and supported Megadeth, Testament and Sanctuary in Europe on the So Far, So Good... So What! tour.Flotsam and Jetsam signed a new deal with mega-giants MCA/Universal in 1989 and began work on their third album When the Storm Comes Down, released in May 1990. The band expected to gain recognition with this album, but it suffered from a variety of mixed reviews.In June 2013 the band headlined at the Warriors of Metal Festival in Columbus Ohio, then returning home, Flotsam hired manager Jeff Keller(JKM). His roster includes the likes of: UDO, Destruction, Lordi, Hirax, Primal Fear, Satan, Suicidal Angels.In 2006 after the successful remix and master of the debut album “Doomsday for the Deceiver”, there was a lot of fan requests to have “No Place for Disgrace” follow the same process. After spending some time at the 25 year mark, the band decided to go forward with this idea. The band had some issues with the original production and definition of some of the parts played, due to the speed it was recorded at. Having had success with Ugly Noise through the PledgeMusic process, the band would be able to again gain the rights to this classic with a re-recording and some minor changes.In the middle of 2013 Flotsam embarked in this monumental task of reviving some songs that for the most part hadn’t been played in 20 years. All tracks (except drums) were done at the Flotsam studio with Michael Gilbert at the helm. In December the project was finished and the re-recording of the classic album "No Place For Disgrace", was again released using PledgeMusic to finance the project.The album, No Place For Disgrace 2014, is set to release on Feb 14th, 2014 world wide through Metal Blade Records distribution. NPFD will feature some of Flotsam's friends from the past as guest musicians, Mark Simpson, Chris Poland, Tory Edwards.Flotsam is currently ramping up for their (29 show) European tour with Sepultura, Legion of the Damned and Mortillery. The tour kick's off on Feb 7th in Bochum, Germany.

Album:

Arizona metallers FLOTSAM AND JETSAM will release their new, self-titled album in April. FeMetal TV creator Phoenix Romero spent some time over the weekend hanging out with FLOTSAM AND JETSAM singer Eric "A.K." Knutson and getting a preview of the LP, which will include such songs as "Seventh Seal", "Iron Maiden", "Creeper", "Verge Of Tragedy", "Legion Of The Famed", "Time To Go" and "Forbidden Territory", the latter of which was originally slated for the band's second album, 1988's "No Place For Disgrace", but did not make the cut.Knutson told From Hero To Zero last summer about the band's forthcoming follow-up to 2012's "Ugly Noise": "The new record has songs that sound like they came from the '80s, some songs that sound like they came from the middle of our career, and some songs that sound like they're brand new, and they're all on one record together."FLOTSAM AND JETSAM in 2014 parted ways with guitarist Edward Carlson and bassist Jason Ward and replaced them with Steve Conley and Michael Spencer, respectively. The band also recruited SHADOWS FALL drummer Jason Bittner after Kelly Smith left the group in November 2014 to focus on caring for his family.Spencer stated about the new FLOTSAM AND JETSAM material: "There's a great, old-school thrash vibe going on with the direction of the songs and what originally influenced the band, mixed with a little of what we like about today's sound, in metal."Flotsam and Jetsam are band I have had mixed feelings about over the years. Having been a huge thrash fan most of my life, and a huge fan of Metallica back in the day, there was no avoiding checking these guys out. Their first two albums, Doomsday For the Deceiver and No Place For Disgrace, remained staples for me back then, but after that they lost me. A lot had to do with their shift in style than anything else. The band have released a number of albums over the years, with several line-up changes and periods of dormancy. Ugly Noise was the last album I heard that gave me moments of interest in them again, but it still never lived up to their potential, even if that potential has been more or less invisible for a few decades. With the release of their latest s/t album, I figured I’d give them one more chance before I totally wrote them off.Flotsam and Jetsam the album is a return to what made them so great back in the day, playing very heavy and intricate thrash metal. Finally the band seems to be back on track with a more honest and organic sound than trying to remain current. Not to say that their sound is stilted and locked in the 80’s; on the contrary the band sounds more current staying true to their roots than they ever did chasing a trend. Songs like “Iron Maiden,” “Seventh Seal,” “Creeper,” “Time To Go,” and “LOTD” are brash, in your face, aggressive, and instant heavy metal classics. The band seems to have a renewed vigor for their music, and this whole album is the best thing they have done in many decades, if not ever.I was expecting to walk away hating this album, and nearly passed on it with the disappointment I felt for their last one. I’m glad I gave them one more chance. Flotsam and Jetsam, band and album alike, are finally reaching their potential all these years later. As the saying goes, “Better late than never,” couldn’t be more true to this album. It’s as if they heard what I said in my review of Ugly Noise and corrected everything I had issue with. I’m sure that’s not the case, but whatever it is that enabled them to create this magnificent album, I hope they keep it going

Line-Up:

Michael Gilbert - Guitars
Eric A.K. - Vocals (The Human Condition, ex-Dogz, ex-Dredlox)
Michael Spencer - Bass (ex-Sentinel Beast)
Jason Bittner - Drums (Burning Human, Hellspeak, Shadows Fall, ex-China White, ex-Ever Dark, ex-Toxik, ex-Anthrax (live), ex-Crisis, ex-Stigmata, ex-Lynch's Mr. Scary (live))
Steve Conley - Guitars (F5)

Tracklist:

01. Seventh Seal 05:50
02. Life Is a Mess 04:20
03. Taser 04:11
04. Iron Maiden 03:40
05. Verge of Tragedy 05:19
06. Creeper 05:33
07. L.O.T.D. 04:47
08. The Incantation 01:38
09. Monkey Wrench 04:15
10. Time to Go 04:19
11. Smoking Gun 04:55
12. Forbidden Territories 06:44
13. Once In A Time (Japan Bonus Track)

+ Video "Life Is a Mess" (Official Video)

Please my link you can´t spread further and don´t upload to other hostings!!!

Obrázok

Remember! if You like the release, buy the original CD. Support the artists!

All download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "THRASH Metal, SPEED Metal, GROOVE Metal"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 8 neregistrovaných