Havok (USA)

Thrash Metal, Speed Metal, Groove Metal.....
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Havok (USA)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 18 Okt 2015, 10:12

Havok - Unnatural Selection (2013)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2013
Style : Thrash Metal
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans + Video
Size : 243 mb

Bio:

HAVOK the thrash metal powerhouse reigning from Colorado formed in 2004. After two self-released albums, the band caught the attention of England’s Candlelight Records. Burn was released in early spring of 2009. Incorporating blisteringly fast guitar riffs, machine-like drumming, groovy bass lines, searing leads, and hard-hitting vocals, HAVOK is able to maintain that *punch-you-in-the-throat* style of music. Fast forward to 2011 and the Denver-based thrashers return with their second album. The band turns the heat up with new thrash anthems. Time Is Up immediately showcases the band’s highly skilled musicianship.Blistering guitar work once again highlights the album. Song standouts include album opener “Prepare for Attack,” “Fatal Intervention,” “Covering Fire,” and“Scumbag in Disguise.”Although there are many other thrash bands out there, there is one thing that sets HAVOK apart from the others. This band puts their own stamp on the genre by employing a more technical side of music, while maintaining the feel. HAVOK’s live show is where the band really catches peoples’ attention, with their non-stop energy level and their ability to get the audience involved. They are a must-see for any fan of live music! HAVOK has received tons of positive feedback for their efforts to make thrash a mainstay in modern music: and they will continue to spread the intensity until they decide the job is done! Given their talent, determination, and constantly growing fan base, HAVOK is destined to become a mainstay in this scene!

Album:

Unnatural Selection is the third full-length album by thrash metal band Havok. It was released on 25 June 2013 by Candlelight Records.Thrash metal is supposed to be full of politically-charged lyrics, ridiculous guitar work that requires the listener to pay attention at all times, guitar solos out the ass, and most of all everyone having a damn good time. As time went on in the 2000's, plenty of thrash bands have come and gone with very few left in the limelight of the metal universe. Just in case you weren't sure if Havok belonged there or not, Unnatural Selection makes damn sure you answer that with a resounding "yes."Unnatural Selection keeps in stride with Havok's affinity to get you headbanging from start to finish without even having to think about it. Sure, their 2011 release Time Is Up was incredibly well received and maybe even thought to be difficult to top, but Unnatural Selection does it with ease and then some. Time Is Up stuck a little more to the retro-thrash movement than it did in venturing out into all types of insanity, and that's where the difference lies between the two albums; Unnatural Selection really goes nuts with the riffs and sounds, bringing it into 2013 with a little something extra on top of the instantly identifiable "thrash" sound.Songs that come to mind off the record – in terms of getting stuck in my head near constantly – are pure fucking thrasher "Is It True?" and mid-tempo'ed, octave-switching chugger "Chasing the Edge." Even the Black Sabbath-esque "Children of the Grave" is one for the books. The bottom line for Unnatural Selection's wide variety of songs is that there's a lot going on in terms of writing, but it's never out of place or a gimmick to keep you listening. Everything going on here is genuine, flows well, and grabs you in a different way than the previous song. The music seems to get progressively slower as the album goes on, but then ends with the lightning-speed title track just to kick your ass right out the door. How's that for a closer?The lyrical content is what really gets me about this record most of all. From politically-charged jams like "I Am the State" and "Give Me Liberty… Or Give Me Death," to calling portions of society out on "Is It True" and "Waste of Life," it's a pretty focused effort lyrically. It's just so nice to hear lyrics that aren't a complete and total abomination and actually took some thought to write. But that's the whole record; well-thought out and really put together down to the last detail. Unnatural Selection is easily a contender for one of the best albums of this year because there are simply no flaws in the design.

Line Up:

Pete Webber Drums - See also: ex-Ravage, ex-The Absence (live)
Reece Scruggs Guitars (lead), Vocals (backing) (2004-present) - See also: Go Smack Alice, Monolith
David Sanchez Vocals (lead), Guitars (rhythm) (2004-present) - See also: ex-DDC
Michael Leon Bass (2013-2014) - See also: The Absence, Sorcerer (USA)

Tracklist:

01. I Am The State (4:05)
02. Give Me Liberty... Or Give Me Death (4:43)
03. It Is True (4:49)
04. Under The Gun (4:18)
05. Waste Of Life (6:12)
06. Living Nightmare (4:57)
07. Chasing The Edge (5:05)
08. Worse Than War (4:57)
09. Children Of The Grave (4:39)
10. Unnatural Selection (4:16)

+ Video "Give Me Liberty... Or Give Me Death" (Official Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Re: Havok (USA)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 06 Máj 2020, 07:57

Havok - Conformicide (Limited Edition Digipak) (2017)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2017
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans + Video

Bio:

HAVOK the thrash metal powerhouse reigning from Colorado formed in 2004. After two self-released albums, the band caught the attention of England’s Candlelight Records. Burn was released in early spring of 2009. Incorporating blisteringly fast guitar riffs, machine-like drumming, groovy bass lines, searing leads, and hard-hitting vocals, HAVOK is able to maintain that *punch-you-in-the-throat* style of music. Fast forward to 2011 and the Denver-based thrashers return with their second album. The band turns the heat up with new thrash anthems. Time Is Up immediately showcases the band’s highly skilled musicianship.Blistering guitar work once again highlights the album. Song standouts include album opener “Prepare for Attack,” “Fatal Intervention,” “Covering Fire,” and“Scumbag in Disguise.”Although there are many other thrash bands out there, there is one thing that sets HAVOK apart from the others. This band puts their own stamp on the genre by employing a more technical side of music, while maintaining the feel. HAVOK’s live show is where the band really catches peoples’ attention, with their non-stop energy level and their ability to get the audience involved. They are a must-see for any fan of live music! HAVOK has received tons of positive feedback for their efforts to make thrash a mainstay in modern music: and they will continue to spread the intensity until they decide the job is done! Given their talent, determination, and constantly growing fan base, HAVOK is destined to become a mainstay in this scene!

Album:

In a manner of speaking, Thrash Metal in its purest form has a wide assortment of tendencies (sub-sub-genres??? Is that even a word?). There is that special variety that seems to fit the compromise, that most death metal loving fans usually under go, to stay true to a dogmatic and almost tyrannical sense of what a genre should be, channeling aggression and disapproval to any apex of change or innovation, almost as a religious fundamentalist would do; My uncle was like that towards Death Metal, I hate to admit it but I did the same when it came to NuMetal, and probably we have all been “that” guy, when it came to experiencing a new interpretation of what we once thought was perfect enough to avoid any evolution. On the other hand there is a constant and relentless effort from artists to put their talent and their god given ideas (as some ancient cultures thought) in countless hours for us simple mortals to enjoy.The first reference I ever had from HAVOK was a younger version of me trying to convince myself to listen to a new band after being faithful to the originators and foremost sponsors of Thrash Metal from both the Bay Area and Bavaria at the same time for as long as I can remember. As the years went by the name HAVOK kept popping up from time to time, as one of the most determined carriers of the Thrash Metal flame. Now, as my older, and perhaps not that wiser self I receive their fourth album “Conformicide” as a holistic message to return to that rebellious attitude that this sub-genre of metal has always stood for, at least in that ever long quest to reach resolution in every aspect of our everyday lives; Or maybe I just liked this album too much, you be the judges.The intro seems like something out of the mind of Wagner himself, Peter "Peavy" Wagner, not Richard Wagner of course, and the bass lines and the manner in which they are executed depict a well versed and seasoned musician and for those of us that seem to have been living in a cave since 2015 when it comes to current band lineups, the proficient Nick Schendzielos who has been working with HAVOK since the middle of that year, depicts an amazing performance on this album; showing the perfect level of maturity to become a long time member of Havok for sure, and still having time to play with JOB FOR A COWBOY and CHEPALIC CARNAGE, a one a kind innovative performer with Metal carved in the very core of his DNA, if you don’t believe me or think I might be exaggerating, just listen to the opening track and exactly at the one minute and seven seconds mark or to “Circling the drain” the tenth track and seven minute long song on this album at the three minutes and forty seconds mark and I know you will remember reading this very lines, and you won’t forget them for the rest of the experience. HAVOK prove to be some of the most talented mature metal musicians alive today with an already full schedule for touring this year and the next.The very first track might have been reason enough for me to drop all the unimportant crap I was doing in order to start living a little, but I remembered I have to eat, and a salary rules my adult life now, “Hang ‘em high” reminded all of us through the words in their haunting chorus: “The enemy is not coming from overseas” with the existence of that timeless maxim which essentially serves as a metaphor of how we most of the times look for enemies abroad when our most vicious foe usually turns out to be living under the premises of our own land of our very own self.The news anchor at the intro of “Intention to deceive” is an example of innovative and unquestionable production and mastery, literally saying:“Good evening, I’m Lie a Lot, and in the news today we cover trivial stories to distract you from what is really going on in the world; it’s five o’ clock, and here’s what we want you know” before delivering one a bone crunching five minute and forty two second prototype of contemporary thrash metal to please to the multiple and ever changing taste of today’s Metalheads, displaying a tendency towards technical death metal that continues throughout “Ingsoc” and across the whole album assembling a PANTERA cover in one of their final tracks without ever leaving the full on criticism of today’s western way of life, adding up to the already pleasant experience of listening to a relatively recent band displaying an artistic style of their own through the mastery of their craft.I have to confess this album had me staring at the far end of my closet; scanning for my battle best wondering if all the junk food and conformity have made me unfit, but most of all unworthy of wearing it once again; with that uncertainty that comes after remembering the lyrics that had me turn my attention towards Thrash Metal in the first place, Of corporations and governments profiting and proliferating from making us mindless consuming zombies, I hear it’s only a conspiracy theory for paranoids and insecure people striving away from success, or maybe just maybe, Thrash has been trying to tell us something for the last thirty something years, who knows?HAVOK delivers an impressive new album with its current multitalented line up keeping a well secured place in this year’s festivals as well as a full scheduled world tour. If fortune favors the bold, David Sanchez will surely keep up the good work with HAVOK, and hopefully we will have a new record before the passing of time requires so. A work of metal positioning well deserved for a hard working band like this Colorado natives; hope to catch them in my city soon.

Line Up:

Pete Webber Drums - See also: ex-Ravage, ex-The Absence (live)
Reece Scruggs Guitars (lead), Vocals (backing) (2004-present) - See also: Go Smack Alice, Monolith
David Sanchez Vocals (lead), Guitars (rhythm) (2004-present) - See also: ex-DDC
Nick Schendzielos Bass, Vocals (backing) (2015-present) - See also: AinMatter, Cephalic Carnage, Job for a Cowboy, Reign of Vengeance

Tracklist:

01. F.P.C.
02. Hang 'Em High
03. Dogmaniacal
04. Intention to Deceive
05. Ingsoc
06. Masterplan
07. Peace Is in Pieces
08. Claiming Certainty
09. Wake Up
10. Circling the Drain
11. String Break (Bonus Track)
12. Slaughtered (Pantera Cover) (Bonus Track)

+ Video "Intention To Deceive" (Official Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Re: Havok (USA)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 06 Máj 2020, 07:57

Havok - V (Digipak Edition) (2020)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2020
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans

Bio:

Album:

Better than 15 years to the day since what is stipulated to be the beginning of old school thrash metal’s triumphant rebirth, there is still no sign of this elusive second death that the style was to experience parallel to the one that the original golden age experienced in the 1990s. One might chalk it up to the internet providing instant access to an audience that has always been there and circumventing the tyrannical reign of the RIAA, but there is definitely something to be said for the youthful vigor that continues to ooze out of many veteran acts that have been toiling in the underground of South America, Europe, the continental U.S. and beyond since the mid-2000s. This is doubly the case in Denver’s, and by extension the American thrash revival’s premier act Havok, who have been delivering the goods consistently since their 2007 EP Pwn ‘Em All first made waves with an impressive blend of Megadeth-like versatility, an extreme vocal display that bridges the divide between the German and Bay Area sounds, and enough electricity to replace the Hoover Dam.Coming off what could be best described as one of their most musically adventurous and lyrically controversial outings in 2017’s Conformicide, this frenetic quartet have opted to shift things in a slightly more conventional direction, all the while still offering up a host of intricate twists and turns to sate the hunger of those looking for more than just another Slayer imitation. Consequently, one would be remiss to suggest that their extreme yet also quirky and semi-progressive blend of past thrash precedents as displayed on their latest studio outing, dubbed V, doesn’t have an occasional Metallica-like flourish. At its very onset, the opening anthem of socio-political discontentment “Post-Truth Era” could almost be mistaken for said pioneering outfit’s opening anthem of their seminal 1988 classic …And Justice For All as it builds from a dense harmonized guitar fade-in to a jarring, neck-breaking crusher of a riff-machine to shake the pillars of any unsuspecting arena, and while this opening anthem is one of the highlights of the lot, it’s definitely not alone in smashing the speed of sound.Those expecting a complete 180 from the mixed up, occasionally funky demeanor of the recent past will no doubt find their prediction mistaken, but there is definitely a sense of return to the more driving and flashy character that typified Burn and Time Is Up. Crushing bangers served up at full speed such as “Fear Campaign”, “Cosmetic Surgery” and “Merchants Of Death” definitely reminisce upon the faster fair that one would hear out of Mustaine and company’s recent string of albums, but also touched up with a wilder bombardment out of the rhythm section that dredges up memories of early work out of Death Angel and Vio-Lence, to speak nothing for the bass gymnastics of the newly recruited and unknown Brandon Bruce. His slap-happy, glassy-toned handiwork proves even fancier than his Claypool-like predecessor Nick Schendzielos, injecting a further Blind Illusion character to both the aforementioned cookers and also more rhythmic, mid-paced blazers such as “Betrayed By Technology” and “Interface With The Infinite” and inches things ever so closer to progressive territory.But for all of the intricacies and detailing that paints over this album, it is ultimately a true to form thrash extravaganza that gets the job done by offering up a truly raw and vicious collection of mosh pit fodder. Selecting the most intense moment of the lot is a daunting task, as even the more down-tempo material spares no expense in projecting rage and fury towards the ear drums and the occasional insight into the screwed up system under which humanity subjects itself. But putting aside the Metallica-like nostalgia of “Post-Truth Era” and the auspicious twists and turns of the long-winded closer “Don’t Do It”, the most memorable songs of the bunch are the ones that cut to each extreme noted previously, with the longer and multifaceted nightmare trip “Panpsychism” showcasing the chops of the entire band, most particularly Bruce’s popping bass runs and Reece Scruggs’ Marty Friedman-like lead extravaganzas, while the “Phantom Force” hits the hardest in the straight up thrashing department while still including the occasional stop and start for maximum vertebrae-misalignment.With the year less than half over and tempers flaring over current events, Havok proves once again to be the right band at the right time, though the jury may be out as to whether they have taken the crown of thrash in 2020 given an already impressive showing by contemporary rivals Warbringer and Hazzerd, to speak nothing for the promising outings from some of the veterans of the style’s golden age. V is a more predictable beast than Conformicide, which is likely what the thrash faithful have been hoping for given the general nature of the aforementioned competing albums and their correspondingly warm reception. It presents an air of getting back to basics, especially when looking at some of the obvious homage moments to past greats, yet it straddles the fence into more inventive territory quite often and provides some occasional nods to the funky days of Suicidal Tendencies’ run with Robert Trujillo. Basically there’s a bit of something in here for the extreme thrash junkies and the tech nerds, and those who question authority in as loud of a voice as inhumanly possible.

Line Up:

David Sanchez - Vocals (lead), Guitars (rhythm) (2004-present) - See also: ex-DDC
Pete Webber - Drums (2010-present) - See also: Nuclear Power Trio, ex-Ravage, ex-The Absence (live)
Reece Scruggs - Guitars (lead), Vocals (backing) (2010-present) - See also: ex-Monolith, ex-Go Smack Alice, ex-Ecliptic
Brandon Bruce - Bass (2020-present)

Tracklist:

01. Post-Truth Era 03:53
02. Fear Campaign 03:57
03. Betrayed by Technology 03:44
04. Ritual of the Mind 04:10
05. Interface with the Infinite 04:02
06. Dab Tsog 01:15 instrumental
07. Phantom Force 02:59
08. Cosmetic Surgery 04:24
09. Panpsychism 06:29
10. Merchants of Death 02:45
11. Don't Do It 08:07

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Návrat na "THRASH Metal, SPEED Metal, GROOVE Metal"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 15 neregistrovaných