Cinderella - Heartbreak Station (1991) (2CD) (Deluxe Edition Digipak 2011)

hudební novinky 2011 / music news 2011
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 06 Jan 2022, 06:42

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1991 (Deluxe Edition Digipak 2011)
Style : GlamRock , Melodic Hard Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 188 mb

Bio:

Cinderella is an American glam metal and hard rock band from the suburbs of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. The band emerged in the mid-1980s with a series of multi-platinum albums and hit singles whose music videos received heavy MTV rotation. They began as heavy metal band, but shifted towards a more hard rock/blues-rock sound. By the mid-1990s, the band's popularity declined severely due to personal setbacks, break-ups, and changes in the music industry. Nonetheless, after a hiatus the band reunited and has continued to tour.The band's latest studio album was Still Climbing (1994). The band has sold 15 million albums worldwide, according to Tom Keifer's official website.Cinderella was formed in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1983 by singer-songwriter, keyboardist, and guitarist Tom Keifer and bassist Eric Brittingham. The initial lineup also included guitarist Michael Kelly Smith and drummer Tony Destra. In 1985, Smith and Destra left to form Britny Fox, another Philadelphia-based glam metal band. In a 2014 interview, Tom Keifer stated that Kiss bassist Gene Simmons first took interest in the band, and tried to get them a deal with Polygram, but they were not interested. Jon Bon Jovi saw them perform at the Empire Rock Club in Philadelphia and talked to his A&R man, Derek Shulman about seeing the group. Shulman was not convinced at first either, and wanted to sign the group to a six-month development deal. But after extensive negotiations, he finally signed the band.In 1985, with a recording contract with Mercury/Polygram Records in the works, guitarist Jeff LaBar and drummer Jim Drnec joined the band.During the recording of the band's debut album, Night Songs, studio session drummer Jody Cortez was brought in to help with the recording.After the recording was completed, Drnec was replaced by Gloucester City, NJ drummer, Albie "Al" Barker, who just missed making the album's cover and the band's album line-up. Fred Coury joined the band and was in all MTV music videos and played in the upcoming tours. Night Songs was released on August 2, 1986 and eventually achieved triple platinum status, selling 50,000 copies per week at one point. The heavy metal album reached No. 3 on the Billboard charts in February 1987. By the end of 1987, the band released a video compilation called "Night Songs" to accompany the album, featuring the promotional videos from the album plus three live songs recorded on their 1986 tour.Cinderella's first tour was in 1986 with glam metal rockers Poison, opening for Japanese heavy metal band Loudness. Further tours into 1987 were spent playing to large arena audiences: five months opening for former Van Halen frontman David Lee Roth, and seven months with Bon Jovi, taking the opening slot for their Slippery When Wet tour. Later that year, the band went overseas, appearing in Japan, Scandinavia, and at the Monsters of Rock festivals in United Kingdom and Germany.Cinderella's second album, Long Cold Winter, was released in 1988. The new album signified a shift towards a blues-rock sound, though it could still be described as glam metal. A 254-show tour to support the album lasted over 14 months and included dates on the Moscow Music Peace Festival alongside other metal acts, such as Ozzy Osbourne, The Scorpions, Mötley Crüe, Bon Jovi, and Skid Row. The tour's stage show included Tom Keifer being lowered to the stage while playing a white piano during their radio hit "Don't Know What You Got (Till It's Gone)". On April 17, 1990, the band released a video compilation called Tales from the Gypsy Road featuring four promo videos from Long Cold Winter plus two live medleys, the second of which contained a cover of Lynyrd Skynyrd's famous "Sweet Home Alabama".Cinderella's third album, Heartbreak Station, was released in 1990. It featured more songs than Long Cold Winter that were influenced by Keifer's love of the blues. Following the accompanying tour, Fred Coury left the band and joined former Ratt vocalist Stephen Pearcy in the band Arcade.In 1991, Keifer lost his voice due to a paresis of his vocal cords. He underwent several surgeries to repair a vocal cyst and hemorrhage.This added to delays in the recording of the band's fourth album, Still Climbing. It was finally released in 1994 with Kenny Aronoff on drums, but the album quickly disappeared from the charts. Mercury Records consequently dropped the band which went on hiatus in 1995.Cinderella resumed activity in 1997, the same year Mercury Records released a greatest hits compilation titled Once Upon A... and a video compilation containing all the bands promo videos from the first three albums. The group toured the United States in 1998, with one concert stop captured on the live album Live at the Key Club, which was released in 1999 through Cleopatra Records.Around 1999, the band was signed by John Kalodner to Sony Records. However, the band was dropped by the label before a new album could be released, plunging the band into three years of litigation.Cinderella toured again in 2000 and 2002.Cinderella headlined the VH1 Classic Rock Never Stops 2005 summer tour. Also in 2005, Cinderella toured with FireHouse, RATT, and Quiet Riot. Mercury Records released the compilation Rocked, Wired & Bluesed: The Greatest Hits on CD and DVD.In 2006 Cinderella toured with Poison. Both bands celebrated the 20th anniversary of their debut albums, Night Songs and Look What the Cat Dragged In. Cinderella planned to tour in 2008 with Warrant, Lynch Mob, and Lynam, but on June 13 that year, Tim Heyne, the band's manager, said in a press release: “It is with unbelievably deep regret that I must announce that Cinderella's Tom Keifer's left vocal cord has hemorrhaged, thereby making it impossible for him to sing in the immediate future.” Lebar was interviewed by Ultimate-Guitar and stated that Cinderella would love to make a new record but there were obstacles holding the group back. They still were not signed to a record label after Sony dropped the band in 2000. Lebar also stated that he is busy with his new band, Freakshow, which features Frankie Banali of Quiet Riot, and Eric is busy with Naked Beggars.A message posted to the Cinderella message board in spring of 2009 stated that Keifer's voice has returned to normal. Promoters from the 2009 Rock Gone Wild Festival confirmed that the band was scheduled to perform at two festivals in late summer or early fall of 2009.Cinderella confirmed on their message board that they would be touring in 2010 with two warm up dates already confirmedIt was announced on February 22 that Cinderella will be a part of Rocklahoma 2010 in Pryor Oklahoma and Sweden Rock Festival 2010. On February 26, 2010, it was announced that Cinderella will be the headliner of the MSC Poesia sailing from Fort Lauderdale on November 11, 2010. July 2010 sees Cinderella taking the stage to open for Bret Michaels, during the Common Ground Music Festival in Lansing, MI, with an original line-up of stars including Tom Keifer, Eric Brittingham, Jeff LaBar and Fred Coury. They will then follow that with 14 dates in the US supporting Scorpions on their Get Your Sting and Blackout farewell tour.Cinderella played at the Download festival in the UK in June 2010,the Rock Jam near Grand Junction, Colorado, Friday, August 27, and also the Oregon State Fair on September 4, 2010. In November 2010 Cinderella joined a variety of other hard rock acts on the cruise entitled "ShipRocked".In 2011 Cinderella undertook a 25th anniversary world tour. 20 shows were confirmed from April through July.During the tour, they headlined the first edition of the "Shout It Out Loud" Festival in Germany.In Summer 2012 Cinderella did US headlining tour with former Skid Row singer Sebastian Bach supporting them.In March 2013 Cinderella played the 2013 Monsters of Rock Cruise along with bands such as Tesla, Kix, Queensrÿche and many others.

Album:

Heartbreak Station is the third studio album by American rock band Cinderella, released in 1990 through Mercury Records. It hit #19 in the US and went platinum for shipping a million albums there the same year.The band's two previous efforts, Night Songs and Long Cold Winter, had both gone double platinum and reaching triple during the 1990s,and had each landed in the US top ten while featuring a US top 20 hit, Heartbreak Station achieved none of these things. Vocalist Tom Keifer has stated on several occasions that this is his favorite Cinderella record. The album featured three singles, which were "Shelter Me", hitting #36 in the US, the title track, which made #44, and "The More Things Change", which didn't chart. If compared to the two previous records, this album presents some differences in its musical style, being more oriented towards blues heavy hard rock instead of glam metal and being more evidently influenced by The Rolling Stones and Aerosmith.All songs are written by Tom Keifer, except for "Love's Got Me Doin' Time" by Tom Keifer/Eric Brittingham.I’ve loved the first two Cinderella albums and for the longest time I didn’t get around listening to their next two albums, Heartbreak Station and Still Climbing. I recently acquired Heartbreak Station and I have to say I missed out on some great music. They changed their roots from the Glam sound that made them popular to a more Blues-oriented direction and although I was very fond of their debut album Night Songs and its follow up Long Cold Winter it’s a change that I like. Cinderella on this album seem to be wanting to break away from the Glam mold, which was already evident from their second album, which already integrated blues elements into the music but pushed even further in that direction with their third album. It introduced more acoustic and came dangerously to country many times, but Cinderella style of course, Heartbreak Station is anything but generic. As a Rock/Metal fan primarily the country direction wasn’t something I thought would have much appeal to me but I’m surprised at how much at I like it and how well the approach they took on this album works. Just have an open mind and you’ll see that they’ve matured as persons and musicians and Heartbreak is a culmination of that and the stunning result.“The More Things Change” as an opening song is a statement of how they’ve changed their sound, evolved through the years as musicians and persons, it’s quick to show the new direction and is one of the catchiest and most memorable tracks off Heartbreak Station. “Love’s Got Me Doing Time” has a cool near psychedelic groove and even some Jimi Hendrix style of playing and while it’s very different and might seem a little out of place, it fits and adds diversity, it’s a cool track. “Shelter Me” is one of the best tracks from this album, it’s catchy and the chorus is instantly etched in your mind, it’s a quite effective track. Like Long Cold Winter, the title track of this album is both the longest cut, and the ballad. Cinderella have done amazing ballads (“Nobody’s Fool”, “Don’t Know What You Got“, “Long Cold Winter” all come to mind) and “Heartbreak Station” ranks up there, it’s touching, has a neat chorus, feels sincere and is just as good as any of the ballads they’ve done, albeit with a slightly different sound. The lyrics to me are heartbreaking and very personal and anyone’s who’s ever experienced a heartbreak will be touched by this one, a true tearjerker the highlight and centerpiece of the album. “Sick For The Cure” picks up the pace and gets things rocking a little more, it has great lyrics and Tom’s delivery is absolutely fantastic. “One For Rock And Roll” could be described as a happy go lucky, “I don’t care because I’m happy with simple things” bouncy delight. A simple effective and infectious song. “Dead Man’s Road” is a bluesy as Cinderella gets and Tom’s voice shines through altering between his normal and raspy voice. It’s one of the highlights of Heartbreak Station and it stands out, it takes you places. Reflecting lyrics on this one, “When I was young, my old man told me I could be what I wanted”, one of my favorite Cinderella songs. “Electric Love” stands out for being much different from the rest, the simplest way to explain it is that it’s a trip for the listener with its groove (reminiscent of Aerosmith’s “Sweet Emotion”) and although it has a fixated chorus, it still goes places. “Love Gone Bad” and “Wind of Change” end the album tremendously well and on a high note, there is not a bad moment here.Coming from a big fan of the band’s first two albums, Heartbreak Station is an incredible album that pursues different musical territories. It’s undeniably Cinderella but with a twist. This is one of my favourite albums of the 1990’s and while some of the bands tried (and failed) to adapt to the changing landscape of the decade, Cinderella is one of the few that I felt succeeded at doing so. They reinvented themselves successfully and even though I’m sure some of the early followers didn’t love the change, they reached out to people they couldn’t have otherwise. I’ve always maintained that Tom Keiffer is a superb songwriter who wrote amazing songs and on this album the maturity and beauty he reaches in the lyrics is something.After Heartbreak Station Cinderella went on to release one more studio album Still Climbing (1994) but singer, leader and songwriter Tom Keifer struggled with his voice in the 1990’s and unfortunately they haven’t released anything since other than live albums. Musically and from an objective point of view Heartbreak Station is possibly Cinderella’s strongest album (especially if you dislike the Glam sound of the 80’s), however, I always had a soft spot for the first two albums the band released in the 1980’s and those songs will always be with me, but this is something else and I mean that in a VERY good way. HS is a GREAT album, it was great to see one of the bands branch out and do something unexpected and different. It’s a great little gem and even thought it was clear that they weren’t just another Glam band with big hair, this album validates it even more as they branched out and didn’t go for a commercial sound; they did what they wanted. If you liked the other Cinderella albums and have an open mind, or if you didn’t like the band’s early sound I think you’ll find a lot to like on Heartbreak Station. It’s deserving of the acclaim it receives from fans, I know it has a very special place in my collection.

Line-Up:

Tom Keifer - lead vocals, guitar, dobro, mandolin, piano, 12 string acoustic guitar in "Heartbreak Station"
Eric Brittingham - Bass guitar
Jeff LaBar - Guitar, acoustic guitar in "Heartbreak Station"
Fred Coury - drums, percussion, backing Vocals

Other musicians:

The Memphis Horns: Andrew Love saxophone, Dennis Ruello baritone saxophone, Wayne Jackson trumpet
Jay Levin - steel guitar
Jay Davidson - saxophone, piano
Ken Hensley - organ
Rod Roddy - keyboards
Brian O'Neal - keyboards
Rick Criniti - keyboards
Bashiri Johnson - percussion
Roy McDonald - programming
Elaine Foster, Sharon Foster, Tara Pellerin, Carla Benson, Evette Benton, Curtis King, Brenda King, Tawatha Agee, Eric Troyer - backing vocals

Studio crew: Bobby Schumann - Guitars, J. Harman - Drums

Produced by John Jansen and Tom Keifer
Engineered by Gary Lyons

Tracklist:

CD1: Heartbreak Station

01. The More Things Change (4:23)
02. Love's Got Me Doin' Time (5:20)
03. Shelter Me (4:48)
04. Heartbreak Station (4:29)
05. Sick For The Cure (4:00)
06. One For Rock And Roll (4:30)
07. Dead Man's Road (6:38)
08. Make Your Own Way (4:16)
09. Electric Love (5:24)
10. Love Gone Bad (4:20)
11. Winds Of Change (5:36)
12. Move Over (3:45) (Bonus Track)

CD2: Live At Heartbreak Station

01. The More Things Change (live) (5:23)
02. Somebody Save Me (live) (4:00)
03. Heartbreak Station (live) (5:03)
04. Don't Know What You Got (live) (5:19)
05. Gypsy Road (live) (12:00)
06. Shake Me (live) (5:40)
07. Rock Me Baby - Bring It On Home (live) (3:14)
08. Second Wind (live) (6:53)
09. In From The Outside (live) (4:06)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2011 / NEWS 2011"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 3 neregistrovaní