Alex Skolnick Trio - Veritas (Digipak Edition) (2011)

hudební novinky 2011 / music news 2011
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 05 Apr 2021, 08:50

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2011
Style : Instrumental Rock , Jazz Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans + Video
Size : 160 mb

Bio:

The Alex Skolnick Trio is an American jazz rock music trio comprising the guitarist Alex Skolnick, Matt Zebroski on drums, and Nathan Peck on bass. Previously, John Davis played bass for the group. The Trio is known for its inventive jazz take on hard rock and heavy metal "standards". Alex Skolnick himself is a member of thrash metal band Testament.The Alex Skolnick Trio was born in 2001. A former heavy metal guitar hero with the San Francisco based group Testament, Alex had decided to leave the Bay Area, move to New York, soak up the jazz scene and go back to school to earn his music degree from New School University.It was here that he met a young drum prodigy named Matt ‘Zebar’ Zebroski who, as it turned out, had been a Testament fan as a youth in Pittsburgh.The two began rehearsing regularly with a bassist, practicing standards and reviewing homework assignments. Around this time, Alex had a dream in which he heard a beautiful melody played as bossa nova and upon waking up, realized it was ‘No One Like You’ by the 80’s hard rock band The Scorpions. When he brought the idea to the other guys, there was a certain absurdity to the idea.Could a tune that was originally performed with distorted guitars, electric bass and a drum set the size of a spaceship translate to archtop guitar, upright bass and a drum kit small enough to carry on the New York Subway System? With a chuckle, they thought they’d give it a try and quickly realized they’d hit upon a magic formula. This tune felt as natural as any jazz standard, except that the melody was engrained in their souls from years of listening. Within a few weeks, the trio had versions of Kiss, Aerosmith, Ozzy Osbourne, the Who and more, as well as original compositions and were covering a wide range of musical styles: swing, funk, latin and occasional moments of sheer metal/avant garde intensity.Their debut recording “Goodbye To Romance: Standards For A New Generation (Skol Productions) was released in March 2002. Less than a month later, an entire column was devoted to the album in Billboard (Jazz Notes; April, 2002). Within a year, Goodbye To Romance had been awarded 4 ½ stars by Downbeat (March, 2003) , was featured in magazines such as Jazziz (March and April, 2003), The Village Voice (February 26th, 2003) and more, had reached #26 on the JazzWeek radio charts (August, 2002) and was listed as a ‘Top Seller’ on the on-line retail site CDBaby. Alex and the Trio performed at such notable music industry conferences as CMJ (New York, NY, 2002) and at SXSW (Austin, TX, 2003) and toured throughout the country to packed houses in such places as Cleveland, Boston, Chicago, San Francisco, Texas, New York City and the Rochester International Jazz Festival. They’ve appeared live on XM Sattelitte Radio, Fox Morning News, Brother Wease, and many other radio stations including WNEW (New York), WCPN (Cleveland) and WGMC (Rochester).In Sep 2003, bassist Nathan Peck was brought in to replace the departing John Davis, who had left to form an indy rock band. Nathan grew up with Matt in Pittsburgh and has played bass for such notable jazz musicians as Maynard Ferguson and Maria Maldaur. The new trio line up clicked immediately and soon embarked upon the Guitarevolution tour, sharing the bill with ex-Megadeth guitarists Marty Freidman and Chris Poland in a series of West Coast dates, winning over the primarily rock and metal fans in the audience. The next few months were spent honing the tunes for the next trio release, expected in Spring ’04. While this album will contain 50% original compositions, it will also continue the concept of the first album, with arrangements of music by Deep Purple, Judas Priest, Pink Floyd and more, most of which have been thoroughly road tested by the boys. 2004 promises to be an exciting year for the trio.

Album:

Veritas is the fourth album released on March 29, 2011 by the Alex Skolnick Trio, on the Palmetto Records label. The 11-track album contains nine original compositions, a cover of Metallica's "Fade To Black" and a bonus remix of the song "Bollywood Jam" by Jay Sustain and Nik Chinboukas. The record was produced by Alex Skolnick and recorded at Spin Recording Studios in Long Island City, New York.Ever since the Alex Skolnick Trio released its fourth studio album 'Veritas' around 4 months ago, I've been a huge fan and a constant listener of the brilliant masterpiece. Because this is supposed to be primarily a metal outlet, I was apprehensive about reviewing it on here. But because I just finished reviewing Alex Skolnick Trio's bass solo jazz fusion album, I have opened my mind and perhaps this website to more reviews of non-metal albums involving musicians better known for playing in metal bands. 'Veritas' immediately came to my mind, for it's surely an album that deserves to be written about.The 'fusion' aspect of a jazz-fusion album allows for a whole world of possibilities when it comes to exactly how the jazz sound is presented to the listener. With 'Veritas', AST have given their music a distinctly exotic touch that can be felt throughout the album, starting from the brief opening instrumental tune "Panna", right until the final moments of the hour-long piece. "Bollywood Jam" is certainly one of the most compelling tunes I've heard this year, and as an Indian I'm delighted by the fact that connotations referring to my motherland can be seen not only in the song title, but can also be felt in the music, specially by those who are familiar with Indian music.Besides Bollywood Jam which has turned out to be the main attraction for listeners so far, the album consists of plenty of other tunes that are equally as powerful in their own unique ways. While "Song Of The Open Road", "Veritas" and "The River Lethe" can be described as slow, soft and sensual, the tunes "Veritas In Brooklyn", "Path Of Least Resistance" and "Flection" come across as intensely dark and melodic tunes that carry a lot of emotion in them. Then there's also the upbeat jazz rock-type tune "99-09" to change things up, treating the listener to a joyful 4-and-a-half minutes. In addition to the nine original tunes, the trio has added the metal touch with an astoundingly soothing cover of Metallica's "Fade To Black". Listening to this tune is an out-of-this-world experience in itself, and is further proof of the kind of impact music can have on the human mind. And as if all this wasn't already worth 100 times the price of the album, they've thrown in an interesting club remix of Bollywood Jam to bring the album to a close.Overall, Veritas is 60 minutes of unrivaled awesomeness, and a must-have album for any music fan. I wholeheartedly thank Testament for introducing me to the genius of Alex Skolnick, as a consequence of which I began to explore his works in other styles of music.If you saw me at the NAMM convention this year and if by any chance I came across to you as an Alex Skolnick stalker, here's your answer. Just listen to Veritas.

Line Up:

Alex Skolnick – guitar (2001–present) (TESTAMENT)
Nathan Peck – upright bass (2003–present)
Matt Zebroski – drums/percussion (2001–present)

Past members:

John Davis – upright bass (2001–2003)

Tracklist:

01. Panna
02. Bollywood Jam.
03. Song Of The Open Road
04. Veritas.
05. 99/09
06. Path Of Least Resistance
07. Alone In Brooklyn
08. The River Lethe
09. Flection
10. Fade To Black
11. Bollywood Jam (Remix) (Bonus Track)

+ Video "Bollywood Jam" (Official Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2011 / NEWS 2011"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 1 neregistrovaný