Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2011
Style : Melodic Hard Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 154 mb

Bio:

La Paz were formed in Lanarkshire, Scotland in the early 1980's when Doogie met Chic McSherry. They'd been playing in the local music scene for a number of years and had run across each other often enough but the time hadn't been right to work together until then.They hit it off immediately on a personal level, they liked the same music and they had the same influences and heroes (Purple, Rainbow, Journey, Gary Moore) so they started to recruit other members to try to form a band and go do some gigs. They decided to add keyboards right away as, at that time, the "classic" guitar/keys combination had declined from favour and it would immediately make them different from the other all-guitar bands that dominated the circuit at that time.The final line-up was Doogie White (Vocals), Chic McSherry (Guitar), Alex Carmichael (Bass), Andy Mason (Keys) and Paul McManus (Drums) and they went on to considerable acclaim in Scotland and beyond. They were featured regularly in Kerrang and showcased in the world-famous Marquee Club in London. A deal was secured but then, as often happens in the music business, the deal stalled and eventually fell through.Now they are back together and recording again with a new record deal thorugh Metal Mind Productions, Poland. They play selected gigs in the UK when time allows in Doogie's busy schedule and it is as much fun as it ever was.

Album:

A fine album that delivers great songs.Rather disingenuously of me when this promo arrived I had it in my head that Doogie White had a "vocalists for hire" reputation, which was soon dispelled checking his CV. I suspect that my view had more to do with the people he's worked with (including Yngwie Malmsteen and Ritchie Blackmore) than himself.This, his debut solo album will, I suspect, go down as one of the best Hard Rock releases of 2011 and will certainly be a contender for my end of year favourites in that particular genre. There's nothing new here but who cares when the songs and performances are this good?Right off the bat Doogie sets the bar very high with 'Come Taste the Band', the title of which is no coincidence. Originally an audition piece for the job with Blackmore's Rainbow it was deliberately given the name of a Deep Purple album that didn't feature the man in black. The keyboard and organ intro (courtesy of Tony Carey) is pure Rainbow, as are the drums when they kick in. Patti Russo (Meatloaf) duets on this one and adds an extra flavour to the sound which romps along very nicely. I defy anyone not to like this song and not have it lodge in their brain after just one listen.This website uses cookies to help us give you the best experience when you visit. Cookies used for the essential operation of the site have already been set. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our Privacy Statement.With the likes of Pontus Norgren (Hammerfall, The Poodles), Neil Murray (Whitesnake et al), Paul Logue (Eden's Curse) and Carey (Rainbow) it will be no surprise that the performances are great and having Logue, Norgren and Alex Dickson (Gun, Bruce Dickinson, Robbie Williams) helping with the songwriting means the tunes are top notch. 'Time Machine' has an AC/DC vibe, albeit with Biff Byford (Saxon) on vocals, indeed Doogie at times is similar to Byford but he's no one trick pony in that regard. 'Dreams Lie Down and Die' is probably my favourite song on the album with a great melody, superb chorus, terrific arrangement and a delivery from Doogie that is simply wonderful with a tinge of the late, great RJD in the phrasing.'Lonely' will have the headbangers and air guitarists in seventh heaven, while the following 'Land of the Deceiver' has a great bridge and chorus with some tremendous guitar solos and rollicking bass from Murray. 'Secret Jesus' has a different feel to what's gone before and again I love the bridge; it has a touch of Whitesnake to it not least on the second bridge. 'Sea of Emotion' takes the pace down with its lighters in the air opening whilst 'Catz Got Yer Tongue' recalls Saxon once more and for me it's the weakest song on the album as it comes across as being rather generic and contrived. Quality control is resumed with 'Living on the Cheap' that has Thunder overtones, particularly on the chorus. The album closes with 'Times Like These' with its fantastic swagger which I find it impossible not to move to.

Line-Up:

Doogie White - lead vocals
Pontus Norgren - guitarist
Marcus Jidell - guitarist
Phil Hilborne - guitars
Mick Tucker - guitars
Derek Sherinian - Keyoards
Tony Carey - bass
Neil Murray - bass
Greg Smith - bass
Patrick Johansson - drummer
Thomas Broman - drummer
Patti Russo - guest vocals

Tracklist:

01. Come Taste the Band 5:32
02. Time Machine 3:57
03. Dreams Lie Down and Die 5:30
04. Lonely 5:40
05. Land of the Deceiver 4:49
06. Secret Jesus 3:03
07. Sea of Emotion 3:41
08. Catz Got Yer Tongue 4:16
09. Living on the Cheap 4:22
10. Times Like These 6:08

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2011 / NEWS 2011"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 3 neregistrovaní