Arch Enemy - The Root Of All Evil (2009) (Japan SHM-CD Edition 2011)

hudební novinky 2011 / music news 2011
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 08 Mar 2021, 15:09

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2009 (Japan SHM-CD Edition 2011)
Style : Melodic Death Metal
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans + Video
Size : 156 mb

Bio:

Formed by ex-Carnage, Carcass, and Candlemass guitarist Michael Amott (concurrently of Spiritual Beggars) with his brother Christopher (Armageddon), Arch Enemy took a straight-ahead approach to death metal reminiscent of Entombed or late-period Carcass, blending catchy, classic-style metal riffs with crushing grooves for an intense yet accessible sound. The group's charter lineup was rounded out by bassist/vocalist Johan Liiva (Carnage, Furbowl) and drummer Daniel Erlandsson (Eucharist, session work for In Flames); they released their debut album, Black Earth, in 1996. For their second album, 1998's Stigmata, Armageddon bassist Martin Bengtsson took over those duties from vocalist Liiva, while Armageddon drummer Peter Wildoer sat in for Erlandsson. More personnel turnover ensued, as Mercyful Fate reunion bassist Sharlee D'Angelo (also formerly of Witchery and Dismember) joined up for 1999's Burning Bridges, which also featured the return of Erlandsson. Wages of Sin from 2001 found Johan Liiva departing and replaced by Angela Gossow.After touring extensively across Europe and Japan, the band returned to the studio and released Anthems of Rebellion in 2003. The EP Dead Eyes See No Future was released by the end of the year and featured a mix of cover versions and live tracks. The album Doomsday Machine landed in July of 2005 right as guitarist Christopher Amott announced he was leaving the band. Former Tiamat member Fredrik Åkesson replaced him, though the two would switch places again two years later with Åkesson leaving the band to join Opeth, and Amott taking back his spot on guitar. The band then released its seventh album, Rise of the Tyrant, in 2007. The album would be Arch Enemy's most successful album to date, and they followed up the release by heading out on tours with Swedish metal giants Opeth and Dark Tranquillity. In 2009 the band looked back to its older material with The Root of All Evil. The album featured tracks from the band's first three albums that were re-recorded with current singer Angela Gossow. Arch Enemy reported they were entering the studio at the end of 2010, planning to release their ninth album in mid-2011.

Album:

It is with no great shame that I will admit to enjoying this album. However, that’s still no excuse for making it. For those of you who don’t know, Arch Enemy have become extremely popular with the mall-ish crowd in the last few years for their more recent material, which stars the resident lass of the lacerated lungs, Angela Gossow. Now, most of those kids are Neanderthals, who don’t know anything about music, and as such, didn’t even know the old songs when the band played them live. I mean really, what kind of fan do you have to be to not know a band’s full discography, at least in passing? It’s positively maddening, but of course Arch Enemy pandered and remastered their older material so these Neanderthals could know what songs they were playing live. What’s going to happen when they play an old song that wasn’t on this compilation? Who knows? I don’t care, though; this compilation just smokes, and I’m here to review it, so let’s get started.It’s amazing how one man can make a stale metal formula sound good. I’m of course talking about Chris Amott, who is the only reason I even checked this out, after enjoying his side band Armageddon so much. His guitar playing, as on Embrace the Mystery, is classic-metal oriented, with a lot of biting, gnashing riffs and melodious, searing leads for anyone’s consumption. It’s really hard to dislike this music; it’s just too un-pretentious and earnest. Everything about this is just bare-bones classic metal glory, with the only deviation being Gossow’s vitriolic barking, which actually doesn’t even sound that bad a lot of the time, being layered and polished to something suitably demonic. The riffs just keep coming at you, polished but not weakened or sterile in any way, and the leads are always entertaining and passionate, bursting with a dazzling flare that will no doubt be wasted on the kids who are only into this music for the “fucking brutal shit, dude.” But I digress.And no, I haven’t heard the original versions of any of these songs. I know some people will bitch about how they’re too polished compared to the rawer original versions, but to that I say, don’t you think this band would have made these songs sound like this if they had the proper money and materials to, even back then? I highly doubt that 90% of extreme metal bands intended for their works to be as raw as they were – hell, most of them probably would’ve liked a louder, fuller sound if that would have been possible. I’m not going to claim that most of the extreme metal classics were only accidental in their atmosphere and unique feel, but I will say that there is definitely no conspiracy to ruin the classics here, or anywhere where old bands try to update their classic material. We don’t know what they originally intended when they wrote their music, and I find it pretty presumptuous for anyone to try and decry the band just for updating the sound alone, especially if it sounds this good.And I have heard something about the band editing the songwriting itself, but like I said, it sounds good. They are always on top of things here. I do think this whole thing runs on a bit long, and that kind of hurts the material, but the songs are just solid as hell. It’s really quite bare-bones material: just play the riffs, let the solos rip out and have a fucking good time, no strings attached. And the best part about it? This has turned me onto the band and made me want to hear more of their material, and that is the best compliment I can give it. They crafted a good synthesis of their early works and featured kick-ass songs like “The Immortal,” the diabolical “Demonic Science,” the slower burn “Bury Me an Angel” and the exquisitely good “Bridge of Destiny,” and overall, I’m impressed. Check this out if you’ve never heard the band before. It’s good stuff.

Line-Up:

Angela Gossow - Vocals
Sharlee D'Angelo - Bass
Michael Amott - Guitar (1995-present), Bass (1996), Keyboards (2007) - See also: Spiritual Beggars, ex-Carnage, Black Earth, ex-Candlemass, ex-Carcass, ex-Entombed (live), ex-Disaccord
Christopher Amott - Guitar
Daniel Erlandsson - Drums (1996, 1998-present) - See also: Eucharist, ex-The End, Black Earth, ex-Armageddon, ex-Brujeria, ex-Carcass, ex-In Flames, ex-Revengia, ex-Diabolique, ex-Liers in Wait

Tracklist:

01. The Root Of All Evil (Intro)
02. Beast Of Man
03. The Immortal
04. Diva Satanica
05. Demonic Science
06. Bury Me An Angel
07. Dead Inside
08. Dark Insanity
09. Pilgrim
10. Demoniality (Instrumental)
11. Transmigration Macabre
12. Silverwing
13. Bridge Of Destiny
14. Wings Of Tomorrow (bonus' Europe cover) (Japan Bonus Track)
15. Walk In The Shadows (bonus' Queensryche cover) (Japan Bonus Track)
16. Warning (bonus' Discharge cover) (Japan Bonus Track)
17. Bury Me An Angel (bonus' Live) (Japan Bonus Track)
18. The Immortal (bonus' Live) (Japan Bonus Track)
19. Bridge Of Destiny (bonus' Live) (Japan Bonus Track)

+ Video "Dark Insanity" (Official Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2011 / NEWS 2011"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 4 neregistrovaní