Savage - Starbreaker (The Untouched Series - Volume 2) (Limited Edition) (2019)

hudební novinky 2019 / music news 2019
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 02 Feb 2021, 14:23

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2019 (Limited Edition)
Style : Heavy Metal , Hard Rock , Male & Female vocals
Audio : 320 kbps + scans
Size : 120 mb

Bio:

Life is good in the district of Brabant (in the South of Holland) and everyone knows that anyway. And especially in the famous eighties, when SAVAGE rises from the ashes from bands like HIGHWAY and TYRANT. Jack Nobelen has recorded a single with HIGHWAY, called “Times”. However, the flipside of this seven incher caught more attention, and that’s the heavier “Speedin’ Home”. It gains a cult status in the area of Breda. With singer Alex Heestermans, SAVAGE plays their first gig in Breda as support for RAYMOND VAN HET GROENEWOUD. But soon after that gig Alex leaves the band and is replaced by Carla Oonincx. With her on vocals, SAVAGE records their first 4-track demo. This already gives them a lot of popularity in the western part of Brabant. Guitarist Jack Nobelen shows his love for MICHAEL SCHENKER on this demo, in the cover “Into The Arena”. But also the old HIGHWAY classic “Speedin’ Home” can be found here. Carla leaves the band though soon after the demo is released and she’s replaced by Walter Lavent (ex-MUSTANG). This turned out to be a good move. A second demo is recorded and released. This great demo results in a lot of live gigs for the band. At their shows the band plays a set of their own work and covers from MICHAEL SCHENKER, GAMMA and Y&T. At this point everything works out well for the band. I can still remember, when the band takes down the roof in Ulicoten at the two day festival organised there by the local rock and metal fans. SAVAGE plays a stunning live performance next to PICTURE, BODINE, VANDENBERG and ACCEPT. Maybe it's one of the highlight performances of the band, that is actually ready to conquer the world. I cherish warm memories about that night.However, black clouds are coming nearer and they are bound to explode. SAVAGE is struck by lightning, when bass player John van Gestel suddenly dies because of a tragic accident. Things turn different from then on. Soon after his death, Walter Lavent decides to leave the band. This also means the end of the band. Too bad that this band never came out of the demo scene, despite all the talent and success. Jack and Arthur moved on with HORIZON and Walter had his LAVENT BAND. Both were quite successful. HORIZON records an album, called “Master Of The Game”, which shows a more melodic approach than the rawer sound of SAVAGE. In 2004, the song “Hell On Wheels” (from the second demo) appeared on the “HM Maniacs part 3” sampler CD and brought back some attention on the band. At the moment Jack Nobelen lives in Belgium and is still active with his cover band STILETTO and a reunion gig with SAVAGE seems to be impossible. Jack also works as a producer at Jack’s Place, where he produced the album of MARTYR “Fear For The Universe” in 2009 and their upcoming CD, due in 2015. In 2014, SAVAGE contributes the song “Starbreaker” to the “Dutch Steel” compilation 2-CD and 3-LP box set, compiled by Robert Haagsma. Although it can’t get any better than this, in February 2015, Jack is being invited to play with MARTYR on the “Dutch Steel” release party in Hedon, Zwolle. What a blast!

Album:

The foreword of this band says it all. The maestro himself is writing his memoires about SAVAGE, the history of a band that could have become cult heroes. I couldn't have done it any better. SAVAGE was here, there and everywhere in my youth and the numerous times that I've seen the band playing, they always impressed me so much with their great powerful live shows. Being special proud of course, because the band came from our region and they always played just around the corner of the street somewhere, while they could have conquered the whole world, if the stars were right. But it just didn't happen. The demos of SAVAGE are well-known all over the world and especially in Greece and Japan they eat this stuff for diner. It's not strange, because they knock you off your feet from the first notes on. If this isn't the perfect metal sound of the eighties, then you're reading the wrong website. The CD is capturing the two demos of the band in reversed order. Ten cult metal songs in forty-five minutes is what you get here and I can tell you that we're talking about ten killers and no fillers, what else would you expect?!? First off, there is the second demo of 1983 and next is the first demo from 1981. Vocalist Walter Lavent has got a very powerful voice. He came from a band called MUSTANG and he was a great front man, who also plays guitar. The guitar parts are a sledgehammer blow, because Jack Nobelen is a true hero in my book. Just listen to the solo in "Starbreaker" and you know why. To me, he sounds like the Dutch Michael Schenker. The pounding drums, harsh vocals of Walter and the bass lines are keeping the rhythm real tight. With songs like that, the band are like true metal heroes to me. They sounded a bit rawer than the average metal band, but they had the same sound of for example PICTURE and later on BODINE. "Hell On Wheels" is another killer tune and definitely one of my personal favorites. Walter's pull outs remind me a lot of Schmoulik 'Sammy' Avigal, who later became the singer of HORIZON. Feel the double bass drums of Arthur van Loon in your stomach, which pounds like a steamhammer. They also created this killer sound on stage and it was by far one of the highlights in their live shows, which were always completed with the hottest covers, next to their own penned material. "Fade Away" is a very catchy track, well at least in the chorus, as the instrumental part is so raw and intense and that bass drum keeps pounding and pounding. "Love Woman" starts with another wonderful riff by Jack. As a matter of fact, in the eighties tape traders scene, all bands with Henky Backer and Jack Nobelen were very much wanted items, because they were the top of the bill guitar players, the natural born talents. Topped by the raunchy vocals of Walter, you simply can't go wrong. The song has another Schenker type of guitar solo, which will really blow you away. "Mystery Smile" is the odd one out here. It has a beautiful structure, starting off slowly as a ballad and when the speed change rushes in, you can tell that we're dealing with a band that was far ahead of their time, but somehow missed to jump on the bandwagon. Maybe that's what made them so special. They never became huge nor played a sold out show. I've seen many bands around that released some good demos and when they signed a record deal, their debut album sucked big time. Not with SAVAGE. They remained true to their awesome sound. Just check out the magnificent "Mystery Smile", which contains great power without getting too heavy. It reminds me of GAMMA in their heydays. "Wave the Flag" is the final song from the second demo and another heavy pounder. The band is captured here at its very best. And how did it all start? The best is saved for last, so it seems. Three out of four songs from the first demo are being captured here at the end of the CD. It's the year 1981, when SAVAGE released this first demo with the MICHAEL SCHENKER GROUP cover "Into The Arena" as fourth song. I think, it is a matter of legal rights that they decided not to put the song on the CD. Anyway, Carla Ooninckx was the first singer in the band and "Heavy Rock 'N' Roll" has always been my favorite song, next to "Hell On Wheels". This killer track represents the best in Dutch hard rock, as far as I'm concerned. Bang your head to this masterpiece and it will give you neck muscles of steel. Oh, those good old days. "Starbreaker" was included on the second demo as well, but here you will enjoy the original demo version of that magnificent heavy metal song. Last, but definitely not least, is "Speedin' Home", the song that was released on a single by the band HIGHWAY in 1982. It's a very sought after seven inch single, that definitely must belong in the collection of every true defender of Dutch Steel. It doesn't get any better than that. Don't try to do copy the guitar solo of maestro and Dutch guitar wizard Jack Nobelen at home or you will end up crying in your sleep. He did all of his stunts alone and live without a net. This band was the real deal, but it ended much too soon. Their legacy however is preserved pretty well on this CD and now you can enjoy these killer metal songs on a silver disc. There are loads of good live shows and it would have been cool, if they would have added some bonus stuff from their live shows here, but this is a great start for now. SAVAGE is: Jack Nobelen on guitar, Arthur van Loon on vocals, John van Gestel (who sadly passed away in 1983) on bass, Marc van Reusel on bass, Alex Heestermans on vocals, Carla Ooninckx on vocals on the first demo and Walter Lavent on vocals on the second demo. Walter is still very much alive and kicking in the rock scene and Jack Nobelen is the proud owner of a recording studio, next to his rock band STILETTO. After SAVAGE, he formed HORIZON. "Master Of The Game" is also released on No Dust Records and highly recommended by yours truly. This CD is a limited edition release, so grab your copy, while it's still available.

Line Up:

Carla Oonincx - vocals (tracks: Track 8-10)
Walter Lavent - vocals (tracks: Track 1-7)
Arthur van Loon - Drums (1981-1983) - See also: ex-Horizon, ex-Heavy Noise
Jack Nobelen - Guitars (1981-1983) - See also: ex-Highway, ex-Horizon, ex-Stiletto
John van Gestel - bass (R.I.P. 1983)

Tracklist:

01. Starbreaker 04:29
02. Hell on Wheels 03:28
03. Fade Away 04:02
04. Love Woman 04:35
05. Mistery Smile 06:37
06. Might Fall in Love 03:49
07. Wave the Flag 03:23
08. Heavy Rock'n Roll 03:08
09. Starbreaker 05:01
10. Speedin' Home 04:04

Track 1- 7 Demo 1983
Track 8-10 Demo 1981

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2019 / NEWS 2019"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 3 neregistrovaní