Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2012
Style : Hard Rock , Heavy Metal
Audio : 320 kbps + scans
Size : 126 mb

Bio:

Me & the Rest, the hard rock band from the Zurich Oberland region, on the road playing the rock’n’roll circus for more than 20 years now. With more than 400 concerts on that trail, they never once lost sight of their “long live rock’n’roll” vision. Real, authentic and to-the-core they celebrate their music which is imprinted by signature riffs, wonderful hooklines and killer vocals.As supporting act of Molly Hatchet, DORO, Krokus, Jane, Don Dokken and many other well-known established groups, they grew to learn at the feet of the masters, polishing their live act to soon become the talk of their peers and many fans. On the stage, both large and larger, they grew to reach their audiences inner heart, drawing them into the magic of what saw as the rock ‘n’ roll dream. Whether it was the stage of Z7 in Pratteln, the Alpenrock House, the Albani-Club, the Open-Air Appenzell or Europe’s biggest Biker meeting in Sumiswald, Me & the Rest really rocked them till they dropped.With consistently positive concert critiques, strong reviews on their Demo CD releases in the newspapers (with over 4000 sold copies of those CDs), they set their place securely as a musical pearl in the demanding world of hard rock.The band name in itself stands for: All for one and one for all. Three men and one woman all focused upon one goal, one family, one band. Every one in the band is both Me and the Rest. It is clear to all in this ‘family’, that there is no place or room for egocentricity. They stand both close and true to the wellspring of Rock music. Rock ‘n’ Roll leaps almost in a visceral sense from the gut of each member. It sings the joy of their love of this art form and this message clearly reaches and envelops all those who hear their music. Their live act feeds both their audiences and the band themselves and shows in both their music and words. Driving, anthemic riffs, bodies drenched in sweat, they live their lives for that hunger, that fire

Album:

Like a precise clockwork from Switzerland, the five Swiss deliver the fifteen tracks of their new CD "Wizard King". They have christened themselves Me And The Rest, whereby singer Jörg Theiler probably puts himself in the foreground as 'Me'. If you analyse his voice, he is definitely in the foreground, because it sounds very special. After the first few notes, it immediately reminds me of the very old Accept, when Udo Dirkschneider still roared into the microphone. That's why Theiler's voice comes across as very obtrusive in some songs. When he sings a bit quieter, like in the two ballads "Soul Survivor" and "Frozen Heart", his vocals even sound very pleasant. But I go through the CD "Wizard King" step by step, and am not necessarily swept off my feet at the beginning."Song Of The King" is straight mainstream rock, without any special highlights, like most of the tracks on the CD, unfortunately. The title track "Wizard King" rushes past me a bit faster, whereby the tempo changes in the middle part are the best thing about the piece. At the latest now, the vocal parallels to U.D.O. come into the ear canals not only for me, but probably also for most listeners. "Dance With The Devil" follows on directly from this. No highlights, but straight rock, according to the pattern. "The Battle Of Nevermore" at least convinces with great guitars. The first change comes with the ballad "Soul Survivor". The voice finally sounds fitting and harmonious. The band should concentrate more on the quiet songs."Child Abuser" convinces with its beautiful drum intro.The rest of the song is introduced with soft sounds of a well-known lullaby. Now finally follows the hoped-for musical increase. However, only during these three numbers, the third of which is "The Hunter". My favourite of the whole disc. The piece is fast, drives well and is characterised by very beautiful guitars. Unfortunately, it then goes back to the usual mainstream. From "Politician Liars" to "The Day I Die" and "Saints & Sinners" there is nothing special to report. Things only get interesting again when ballad number two is heard. "Frozen Heart" really speaks from the heart and is coherent in every respect. Actually, now would be exactly the right moment to end the CD, but Me And The Rest go one better. "Hellraiser" is finally a real smash hit. Fast and pure Power Metal. Why doesn't something like this come right at the beginning? That would have given the disc the right direction right away.My conclusion: "Wizard King" is mediocre mainstream hard rock. Good to play in the car or as background music at a heavy party. The Swiss tick very precisely, but they don't come close to such colleagues as Gotthard or Krokus, let alone outdo them. I can only give a limited recommendation to buy the CD, as it simply lacks the rip-roaring songs and sounds too monotonous.

Line-Up:

Jörg Theiler - vocals
Peter Zet - guitar
Jörg Götz - guitar
Edel Murchie - bass
Jan Moser – drums

Tracklist:

01. Song Of The Viking
02. Wizard King
03. Dance With The Devil
04. The Battle For Nevermore
05. We'll Fight Another Day
06. Soul Survivor
07. Child Abuser
08. The Hunter
09. Politician Liars
10. Free Your Mind
11. The Day I Die
12. Those Summer Days
13. Saints & Sinners
14. Frozen Heart
15. Hellraiser

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2012 / NEWS 2012"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 10 neregistrovaných