Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2012
Style : Melodic Hard Rock , Hard FM , AOR
Audio : VBR kbps + front
Size : 110 mb

Bio:

Roxus were an Australian AOR band which existed between 1987 and 1994. Members included Juno Roxas - lead vocals, Dragan Stanić - guitar, Darren Danielson - drums, John 'Stones' Nixon - bass guitar and Andy Shanahan - keyboards. Their style used melodic keyboards with guitar-driven hard rock and elements of glam metal. Their debut album, Nightstreet (September 1991),produced by Mark Opitz (The Angels, AC/DC.Divinyls, Cold Chisel), peaked at No. 5 on the ARIA Albums Chart. Their most successful single, "Where Are You Now?" (writers - Juno Roxas, Robin Randall, Judithe Randall) (July 1991), reached No. 13 on the ARIA Singles Chart.In 1992, American AOR maestro Jeff Paris was hired to produce what was to be Roxus' second LP. Recorded at Platinum recorders in Melbourne Australia, the sessions engendered 4 tracks-"Invisible Man", "What You Don't Know", "Stop Playin' With My Heart" and "All The Way". These dates were cut short by and large due to the unanimous decision to replace Danielson with a drum machine after time restrictions became an issue, with Danielson unable to provide adequate rhythm tracks.Roxas and Stanic returned to Los Angeles with Paris, to mix the four completed songs, hiring David Bianco (The Black Crowes, Tom Petty, Mick Jagger, USA For Africa) as engineer. The album however, was never completed and on New Year's Eve, 1992, Roxus played their last show before disbanding in the wake of a change in the musical landscape.(Grunge) In 1993 Danielson and Nixon joined Melbourne-based rockers, Chocolate Starfish.Roxus formed in 1987 in the Melbourne south-eastern suburb of Springvale with Joe Cool on guitar; Darren Danielson (ex-Windsor Jamm) on drums; John 'Stones' Nixon (Windsor Jamm) on bass guitar; Juno Roxas on lead vocals (Party Pies); and Andy Shanahan on keyboards.Roxus gained a considerable live following.Australian rock music historian, Ian McFarlane, found the group played a "blend of tuneful, Van Halenesque hard rock and Living Colour-inspired funk around the Melbourne pub circuit ... carefully cultivated image of black leather, ripped jeans, cowboy boots, bandannas and big hair".In 1989 Roxus supported international bands, Poison and Bon Jovi, on their respective Australian tours.Also that year Dragan Stanić replaced Joe Cool on guitar. The band came to the attention of music commentator and promoter, Ian (Molly) Meldrum, who signed them to his Melodian Records label via Mushroom Records.The group issued two singles, "Stand Back" in July and "Body Heat" in November.In 1990, they released a live EP, That Girl, including live versions of the tracks "Stand Back" and "Body Heat".In April 1991 Roxus supported US band, Warrant, on their Australian tour.In September that year their debut album, Nightstreet, was released,which reached No. 5 on the ARIA Albums Chart.In July they issued their most successful single, "Where Are You Now?", which is a power ballad that received considerable radio airplay and peaked at No. 13 on the ARIA Singles Chart and No. 11 on the AMR Singles Chart.In August, they followed up with "Bad Boys", which reached No. 39 on the ARIA chart, and in December, "Midnight Love" was released.After Roxus/Roxas had disbanded Juno Roxas went solo and recorded the album, Far From Here, on Melodian in 1994.He has worked as a musician and producer in both Los Angeles and Melbourne.Stanić continued playing locally in a range of projects including De-Arrow, Among Thieves and Kream.By March 1993 Danielson and Nixon had joined Melbourne rockers, Chocolate Starfish.Shanahan became a lecturer at RMIT University in Sound Production.

Album:

Aussie band ROXUS fronted by singer Juno Roxas was without a doubt one of the best Melodic Rock acts ever emerged from Down Under. They only released a full length album, an EP and some singles, but all these include some real gems in the genre.Someone requested here a supposedly 'unreleased 2009 album by Roxus', but it never existed, at least not recorded that year.In 2010 vocalist Juno Roxas announced a series of shows in Melbourne and other Australian cities performing the band's classics and some songs written back in a day but never presented to the fans.So there's no 'new 2009-10 album', but a bunch of great songs never heard / published before: "The Paris Sessions".The title does not refer to the French city, these are demos recorded and produced under the supervision of AOR icon Jeff Paris tracked down in America at the beginning of the '90s, where Juno Roxas moved later to pursue a songwriter career.Some of these tracks surfaced some time ago amongst collectors and fan websites, but I assure you not with this audio quality, besides we have here many songs never presented in the world wide web before.Take as example the great Melodic Rocker "Love Me, Do Me" with a really Americanized sound, which somehow reminds me Damn Yankees. Or the re-worked long version of "Body Heat" (a winner) with the 'Jeff Paris treatment'.Another rarity is the original demo of the band's biggest hit "Where Are You Now", featuring Robin Randall (Mark Free, Venus & Mars) and Steve Hopkins (Mark Free) on keyboards, while James Christian (House Of Lords) and the superb Diana Dewitt (Venus & Mars) did backing vocals. This version is far superior than the finally appeared in Roxus' album / single.And we have more from the Paris Sessions: killer rocking, melodic unreleased tunes such as "What You Don't Know", "Stop Playing With My Heart" or "Invisible Man".To make it more juicy, I have included into the file more rarities; the hard to find original '89 single version (Australia only) of "Stand Back", the b-side "Borderline", unreleased live versions of "Bad Boys" and "All Right Now" (Free cover) which I believe were recorded at MTV studios, and even a Juno Roxas' performance from the 1987 movie 'Mull' (never released soundtrack).Very good stuff, a true collectors item directly from my archives.

Line Up:

Dragan Stanic - guitars, backing vocals
Darren Danielson - drums
John Stones Nixon - bass, backing vocals
Juno Roxas - lead vocals
Andy Shanahan - keyboards

Produced by Jeff Paris

Tracklist:

01. Love Me, Do Me (Jeff Paris session demo)
02. What You Don't Know (Jeff Paris session demo)
03. Invisible Man (Jeff Paris session demo)
04. Body Heat [long version] (Jeff Paris session demo)
05. Stop Playing With My Heart (J. Paris session demo)
06. All The Way (Jeff Paris session demo)
07. Don't Stop (Jeff Paris session demo)
08. Where Are You Now (original demo ft. J. Christian)
09. Borderline (Where Are You Now b-side)
10. Stand Back (Aussie original '89 single version)
11. Spaghetti Wire (unknown session)
12. Body Heat (unknown session)
13. Bad Boys (Live - unreleased)
14. All Right Now (Live - unreleased)
15. Juno Roxas Hold On (from the 1987 movie Mull)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2012 / NEWS 2012"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 8 neregistrovaných