Dire Peril - The Extraterrestrial Compendium (2018)

hudební novinky 2018 / music news 2018
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 21 Jan 2019, 15:24

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2018
Style : Heavy Metal , Power Metal
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans + Video
Size : 116 mb

Bio:

In October 2009, guitarist Jason Ashcraft combined his love for Metal music and science-fiction into a singular vision that would become Dire Peril. The first year and a half were spent composing a bulk of the songs that would soon appear on the band’s 3 scheduled EP’s: “Astronomical Minds”, “Queen Of The Galaxy”, & “Through Time And Space”. Without a solid line-up in place Jason utilized a handful of musicians he knew from fellow bands to bounce ideas off of and perform live. The pattern of utilizing hired musicians continued into the studio when it came time to begin recording the album. The most notable of the group was bassist Jeremiah Bear who appears on the band’s debut and would eventually join the group’s ranks full-time. In 2011 writing for the album concluded and recording was in full force at Alien Productions Studios. The missing piece was a vocalist that could deliver the performance Jason was envisioning for this band. He quickly reached out to vocalist Norman Skinner (Skinner\ex-Imagika) and asked if he would be interested in lending his voice to the recording. After hearing a few samples of the songs Skinner agreed and began to construct melodies around the compositions and rework the lyrics supplied. The pairing of Ashcraft’s writing and Skinner’s vocals mixed brilliantly and Norman was the next member to agree to join the band on a full-time basis midway through the recordings. Drummer Ben Jackson was brought aboard to finalize the band’s line-up and live sound. In January of 2013 the band self-released the EP “Astronomical Minds” featuring 3 outstanding tracks as well as a cover of Blue Oyster Cult’s Classic “Godzilla”. The EP was met with open arms and rave reviews by both fans and critics alike. The band is currently performing live and putting the final touches on the 2nd scheduled EP “Queen of The Galaxy”. The album will be released Fall of 2014 and the 3rd “Through Time And Space” in 2015. The band is currently finishing up writing for a yet unnamed full length effort and a 2nd full-length concept CD is in the works as well. Fans of the band can be delighted knowing that a plethora of new music lay ahead for “Dire Peril”

Album:

Now, here’s an interesting one: a power metal collaboration, formed of Helion Prime‘s Jason Ashcraft and Judicator‘s John Yelland, whose existence actually predates its more mainstream offshoots. For the uninitiated, these two bands are some of the most promising newcomers to the US power metal scene. While Helion Prime‘s latest effort was something of a disappointment, their debut is a stunner of a record, and Judicator‘s At the Expense of Humanity is my favorite power metal record of the current decade. High expectations surround Dire Peril, and as soon as I heard the first singles from The Extraterrestrial Compendium, little could be done to bring them down to realistic levels. Stomping, thrash-oriented power metal featuring John Yelland on the mic is already essential listening for yours truly, but when each song is themed around a different, classic science fiction flick? Welp, there goes No Nut November.Given Helion Prime‘s penchant for Iced Earthian power/thrash riffs and Judicator‘s predilection for soaring Blind Guardian vocal harmonies, one might expect The Extraterrestrial Compendium to sound like an all-American Demons & Wizards, and one would be absolutely correct.1 At a base level, Dire Peril is essentially Helion Prime with Judicator‘s vocals, yet their melodic complexities take deeper roots. John Yelland has certainly translated his distinct melodic inclinations from Judicator, which in turn informs Jason Ashcraft’s guitar work. This allows for more dynamic performances from Ashcraft than either of the first two Helion Prime records, resulting in both some seriously ripping thrash-esque material (“Yautja (Hunter Culture),” “Heart of the Furyan”), legitimately affecting pseudo-ballads (“The Visitor”), and pieces that effectively splice aggression with emotive melody (“Enemy Mine”). It truly feels like each artist brings out the best in one another, and thus unquestionably justifies Dire Peril‘s existence alongside the members’ main gigs.The Extraterrestrial Compendium is decidedly un-debut like in its songcraft and instrumental execution, but in terms of sheer length, it feels a bit overstuffed, if only by one song. “Total Recall” is somewhat lacking in the melodic and instrumental personality that defines the rest of the album. Given that its solo is the best of the record, it’s far from skippable; it just pales in comparison to the album’s best tracks. Speaking of things that are the best, there’s a track on here called “Blood in the Ice,” which is just the fucking best. Based on what might just be my favorite horror film (The Thing), this track is one TEC‘s most tonally dynamic, and is a fantastic illustration of DP‘s understanding of their subjects’ thematic intricacies. I’m enamored with its chorus in particular, which acknowledges the subtle brilliance of The Thing‘s timeless chess scene, and is catchy as all hell to boot.On the more technical end of things, The Extraterrestrial Compendium excels, thanks to fantastically crunchy rhythm tones and a relatively spacious master that allows for great vocal and drum mixing. The excellent performances add instrumental technicality to the engineering finesse; Jason Ashcraft may not match Judicator‘s Tony Cordisco in terms of blisteringly kinetic rhythm work, but his leads here are the strongest they’ve ever been, resulting in the best power metal solos I’ve heard all year. Meanwhile, the reserved, melancholic nature of certain tracks means that Yelland is allowed to properly flex his range in a way that this year’s Judicator release simply did not allow for. His delivery can be utterly spellbinding in the record’s softest moments, yet his intense high range is as impactful as ever, with his performance on “Roughnecks” being particularly vicious in its high-flying lunacy.As I wrap up this review, I realize that I haven’t even touched on the fantastic guest vocal contributions from Brittney Fucking Slayes (“Queen of the Galaxy”) and Arjen Fucking Anthony Lucassen (“Journey Beyond the Stars”). I believe this is because The Extraterrestrial Compendium is both so immediately gratifying and such an effective grower that the guest performances were the furthest thing from my mind during the analysis process. It’s the rare power metal record where the artist is as confident in handling its subtle, reserved material as it is its neck-thrashing, riff-centric centerpieces, and Dire Peril manages both aesthetics with more care than the bulk of bands in its genre. As far as straightforward power metal goes, this may well be the very best that 2018 has to offer.

Line-Up:

Jason Ashcraft: Guitars
John Yelland: Vocals

Guest Musicians:

Arjen Anthony Lucassen: Vocals and Guitar Solo on "Journey Beyond the Stars"
Brittney Slayes: Vocals on "Queen of the Galaxy"
Justin Tvetan: Drums
Carlos Alvarez: Lead Guitars,Third Solo on "Enemy Mine", First Solo on "Always Right Here"
Christian Muenzner: Second Solo on "Always Right Here"
Taylor Washington: All other guitar solos
Austin Bentley: All strings and orchestrations

Tracklist:

01. Yautja (Hunter Culture)
02. Planet Preservation
03. Enemy Mine
04. The Visitor
05. Total Recall
06. Queen of the Galaxy
07. Roughnecks
08. Blood in the Ice
09. Heart of the Furyan
10. Altair IV: The Forbidden Planet
11. Always Right Here
12. Journey Beyond the Stars

+ Video "Blood in the Ice" (Official Video)

Please my link you can´t spread further and don´t upload to other hostings!!!

Obrázok

Remember! if You like the release, buy the original CD. Support the artists!

All download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Please when You buy a premium account, You can support our work, You can do parallel downloads with unlimited speed and never waiting.
Please click and buy some account only through icons below: (when You not see icons below stop AdBlock and AdBlock plus in Google chrome)

Cuando usted compra una cuenta premium, Usted puede apoyar nuestro trabajo, usted puede hacer descargas paralelas con velocidad ilimitada y nunca espera.
Por favor, haga clic y comprar de cuenta sólo a través de iconos por debajo: (si no ves el iconos siguiente parada AdBlock y AdBlock Plus en Google Chrome)

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2018 / NEWS 2018"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 16 neregistrovaných