The Struts - Young & Dangerous (Japan Edition) (2018)

hudební novinky 2018 / music news 2018
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 21 Jan 2019, 11:05

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2018 (Japan Edition)
Style : Rock , Glam Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + scans + Video
Size : 195 mb

Bio:

Luke Spiller (Vocals), Addo Slack (Guitar), Jed Elliott (Bass) and Gethin Davies (Drums) make up Derbyshire, England based indie band The Struts. I coincidently know Gethin, who joined the band earlier this year. However this is no reason for my judgment of the music to be biased in anyway, and I believe any band/artist’s music should be judged on that alone.Their single I Just Know (released in May 2012) has a classic blues rock vibe to it, which is a hard sound to dislike! The riff is simple, but has you nodding your head along from the get go which can only be seen to be a good sign. On the production side of things, the song has a really full sound to it, giving an anthemic feel. Along with the instrumental composition, the vocals particularly distinguishable; with a resemblance to Kill It Kid (One Little Indian) vocalist Chris Turpin. The sound of the band as a whole is great, and you can imagine the enormous sound being transferred to a sweaty live environment with ease; Possibly giving the song an entirely new lease of life.At a mere two and a half minutes, the single itself allows us to get a real feel for the essence of the band. The song bounces between the massive riff and Spiller’s Vocals alone with drums, giving the vocals a real opportunity to shine. Hopefully The Struts have plenty more songs of equal strength in their arsenal, and if so they have real potential.

Album:

Derby, UK rocking glamsters THE STRUTS presented their second full-length album "Young & Dangerous" last October, and darn, for may of us in this staff it's one of the best albums of the year, full of swagger and catchy hooks bringing back the sweet and dirty spirit of retro / glam to modern rock & roll.What better way than this Japanese Edition, a worthwhile purchase as it includes two very good exclusive bonus tracks.With their glitzy-yet-scrappy aesthetic - not to mention frontman Luke Spiller’s snarling vocals - The Struts might seem to have stepped straight out of the ‘70s / early '80s yet with a potent updated sound.Imagine a Slade-crazed 2000's version fronted by a man who delivers each and every "R" with a brazen alveolar trill in a voice that's an amalgam of Freddie Mercury, Dee Snider, and New York Dolls' David Johansen, "Young & Dangerous" is not a subtle album.It's all pomp, circumstance, bluster, and nasty, sugary goodness; a 50 minutes of hook-laden, radio-ready party songs that embrace both sleaze and glam.Luke Spiller is a born frontman. He's got the Jagger swagger, but where Mick's antics invoked the American south, Spiller is a purely East Midlands creation, and like The Darkness' Justin Hawkins, his flamboyant English delivery will likely be the barometer listeners use to gauge the duration of their stay.The songs themselves are largely formulaic, but delivered with such gusto that it's easy to forgive the chicanery behind them.Bawdy, ballsy, silly, and sweet, standouts like "Body Talks" (with some The Sweet on it), the catchy as Hell "Primadonna Like Me", the sexy "Bulletproof Baby", or the hard hitting guitar driven "Fire" will likely appeal to a wide range of classic rock / rock&pop enthusiasts.The band try something different with "Who Am I?", some kind of heavy-funk disco-heavy with good results, and in 'Body Talks (feat. Kesha)' they do retro glam but modern, same with semi-ballad "Somebody New", a clever mix of '80s pop but with an eye put in the 2018 charts.There's an inevitable feel of Queen in "Tatler Magazine" (love it), bringing to my mind Space Elevator (the band) yet with a Seventies feel.The Japanese exclusive bonus are great; the anthemic "21St Century Dandy" kills, some crazy mix of H.E.A.T, Queen and Angel / Giuffria... yeah, you read well.The other bonus is a midtempo titled 'One Night Only', with a radio-ready chorus... well, at least 1981 FM radio. Check the lovely Brian May-like guitars.These four small-city boys have managed to create a thirteen track whirlwind, each song with more energy and personality than many established acts doing this type of retro things.What I like about The Struts and "Young & Dangerous" is the amalgam of the old with the new, never sounding outdated but at the same time not too modern, keeping things classic rock with authenticity.

Line Up:

Luke Spiller - Lead Vocals
Addo Slack - Guitar and Vocals
Jed Elliott - Bass and Vocals
Gethin Davies - Drums

Tracklist:

01. Body Talks (2:58)
02. Primadonna Like Me (3:23)
03. In Love With A Camera (3:22)
04. Bulletproof Baby (3:13)
05. Who Am I? (3:16)
06. People (3:28)
07. Fire (Part 1) (4:12)
08. Somebody New (3:57)
09. Tatler Magazine (3:04)
10. I Do It So Well (3:18)
11. Freak Like You (3:17)
12. Ashes (Part 2) (4:36)
13. Body Talks (Feat. Kesha) (2:57)
14. 21St Century Dandy (Japan Bonus Track)
15. One Night Only (Japan Bonus Track)

+ Video "Body Talks" (Official Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2018 / NEWS 2018"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 25 neregistrovaných