Voivod - The Wake (2CD) (Japan Edition) (2018)

hudební novinky 2018 / music news 2018
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 12 Nov 2018, 06:38

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2018 (Japan Edition)
Style : Thrash Metal (1982-87), Progressive Metal (1988-)
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans + Video
Size : 225 mb

Bio:

Voivod is a Canadian heavy metal band from Jonquière, Québec, Canada. Their musical style has changed several times since the band's origin in the early 1980s. Starting out as a speed metal band, Voivod have added a mix of progressive metal and thrash metal to create their own unique metal style.Since their debut record in 1984, Voivod have released eleven studio albums as well as one EP, one live album, two compilations, seven demos and one DVD featuring a live concert. The band found mainstream success in the late 1980s with the album Nothingface (1989), which was the first Voivod album to enter the Billboard 200 charts, peaking at number 114.Voivod's most recent studio album is 2013's Target Earth, their only album with the lineup of Snake (vocals), Chewy (guitar), Blacky (bass) and Away (drums).Voivod's style is considered progressive metal and thrash metal.Their 1991 album Angel Rat has been labeled alternative metal.

Album:

Voivod's The Wake is one of the very best records I have ever heard in my life and easily the greatest record in the band's already stunning career. The Wake is progressive yet accessible. It's heavy yet psychedelic. It's melodic yet aggressive. It's complex yet concise. It features the band's trademarks yet enters new territory.The four musicians have excellent chemistry. The drums are precise like clockwork. The bass guitar is domineering and technically impressive. The guitar riffs are out of this world as they don't only equal but surpass original guitarist Piggy's legendary style. The vocals are more diversified than ever, meandering from harmoniously soothing passages to desperate screams. The group even added string sections to a few select songs that blend in perfectly as they give the record a cinematic, epic and timeless touch.The lyrics and concept are intriguing from start to finish. Voivod has written about loose concepts before but these eight songs here gel perfectly as they complement one another organically. The vibrant production does this complex musical accomplishment justice. The cover artwork is as hypnotizing as the music and typical for drummer Away's signature style. Everything fits on this album without any flaws.People often try to compare Voivod's contemporary records to efforts from the early years. This doesn't work here. Voivod has accomplished something completely new which is a highly entertaining space metal journey with elements from all its different phases and new soundscapes that show an excitingly open-minded band.Progressive thrash metal groups like Vektor get lots of attention and certainly deserve it but Voivod is on a different level, its very own level. I certainly don't want the quartet to retire anytime soon but if it did, it would leave on its highest possible note, with an incredible magnum opus that certainly deserves to be called this way. Voivod's The Wake is an album for the ages. If we ever had to send one single piece of art to an extraterrestrial society, to show it what wonders mankind can accomplish, I would send this record without a doubt.Do you think I exaggerate? Go listen to this album from start to finish and tell me I'm wrong. If you don't have enough time for the whole experience, listen to magnificent album closer ''Sonic Mycelium'' that revisits and rearranges musical themes and lyrics from the seven preceding songs without ever getting redundant and making twelve and a half minutes sound as entertaining as it gets.This is album of the year, album of the decade and maybe album of the century material.

Line Up:

Away - Drums (1981, 1982-present) - See also: ex-Les Ékorchés, ex-Aut'Chose, ex-Kosmos
Snake - Vocals (1983-1994, 2002-present) - See also: ex-Union Made, Paranoland
Chewy - Guitars (2008-present) - See also: Martyr, ex-Cryptopsy, ex-Gorguts, ex-DBC (live), ex-Quo Vadis, ex-Capharnaum
Rocky - Bass (2014-present)

Tracklist:

CD1:

01. Obsolete Beings 05:34
02. The End of Dormancy 07:42
03. Orb Confusion 06:00
04. Iconspiracy 05:15
05. Spherical Perspective 07:41
06. Event Horizon 06:10
07. Always Moving 05:11
08. Sonic Mycelium 12:24

CD2:

01. Post Society 06:16
02. Forever Mountain 05:12
03. Fall 06:41
04. We Are Connected 07:26
05. Silver Machine (Hawkwind cover) 04:48
06. Inner Combustion 04:23
07. Order of the Blackguards 05:04
08. Psychic Vacuum 04:17
09. Lost Machine 06:01
10. Fall 06:38
11. Voivod 06:27

CD 2 Tracks 1-5: Post Society EP, Tracks 6-11: Live at 70000 Tons of Metal Cruise, 2018.

+ Video "Obsolete Beings" (Official Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2018 / NEWS 2018"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 8 neregistrovaných